Logos Resource Catalog

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 23 2010 9:28 AM

6201.Resource Catalog A.pdf

I am somewhat of a catalog freak. I love looking at catalogs in print. I have gone through the Logos site and put all of the products into a catalog format (as PDF). It includes title, picture, price and description. There are also two check boxes. The bottom one means it is available for iPod, the top one is for you to check if you own the resource/product.

I am not sure if anyone is interested in this or not. (Maybe just me!) I have only put the first 100 pages on now. If you want more, let me know and I will add it. (There are 494 pages altogether.)

Here's hoping someone can use this!

Posts 847
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 9:47 AM

That is quite an endeavor. Thank you. I too enjoy catalogues. I would be interested in the rest if you get around to compiling it. I enjoy browsing it that way. It seems difficult or rather unintuitive to browse using the web site. Maybe it is just me.

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 10:46 AM

0361.Resource Catalog B.pdf

Here is the 2nd part. Unfortunately I have to do it in small chunks. I tried the whole 14MB file and it kept timing out. If you have Adobe Acrobat, you can easily paste them together if you want. I will try to post the other 3 as I have time.

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 10:48 AM

4035.Resource Catalog C.pdf

Pages 201-300 of 494

Posts 8970
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 10:49 AM

Very impressive.

However it seems to be arranged by product number rather than by title or (more interestingly) by category (Bibles, commentaries, etc). I think this could limit its usefulness.

Nevertheless a very fine job and I'm sure some will enjoy having it.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 25196
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:15 PM

RogerKing:
I am not sure if anyone is interested in this or not. (Maybe just me!)

Thank you.

RogerKing:
Here's hoping someone can use this!

We can.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25196
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:16 PM

Mark A. Smith:
However it seems to be arranged by product number rather than by title or (more interestingly) by category (Bibles, commentaries, etc). I think this could limit its usefulness.

While I agree, this order does make it possible to update without redoing the whole thing.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 39
Doug McMasters | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 6:14 AM

These are great, thank you!  Looking forward to the rest.

Posts 52
Scott Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 7:19 AM

Thank you this is very helpful.

Posts 8596
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 8:02 AM

This is cool, I've sent a link to Jayson Bradley in Marketing.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 1:45 PM

6136.Resource Catalog D.pdf

Pages 301-400 of 494

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 1:49 PM

0537.Resource Catalog E.pdf

Final Set!

Pages 401-494

I'm glad that some have found it useful!  As to sorting alphabetically, the software I use to store the data can't easily sort without grouping all titles starting with 'A' or 'The' without major reconfiguring. For the numbered resources, I sort them by number because it somewhat shows it in the 'date added' order.

Posts 18244
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 2:01 PM

Wow, Roger. What a labor of love! Thanks for that. The sad thing is it will be obsolete so soon because Logos keeps adding new products. But the good news is they are revamping their website so we'll soon be able to see all the products sorted or filtered by title, author, publisher or whatever we want. Perhaps they'll do a catalogue view like this too now that you've shown them how nice it can be. Or even a downloadable PDF of their entire catalogue which they update every couple of weeks or whenever there's been a flood of new releases (like the Zondervan bundle).

Posts 407
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 2:15 PM

Roger very nicely done. Although it may be seen as easily outdated, if you have Acrobat Pro you can make notes in the file of books you have and use it as a reference list when looking to buy additional resources (note: I am hoping the new website will include an identifier of titles already owned by an account.).

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 2:19 PM

Rosie Perera:
The sad thing is it will be obsolete so soon because Logos keeps adding new products.

Thanks! I am planning to add products regularly and will publish them periodically as an add-on.  We will have to see what the new site is capable of as to if I continue or not. The important thing for me is a paper copy of the catalog. I hate looking at a screen all the time.

Posts 18244
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 2:40 PM

RogerKing:

The important thing for me is a paper copy of the catalog. I hate looking at a screen all the time.

Then why use Logos at all? Go with a paper Bible. And print-based commentaries. They're great! Wink (Just joshing you...)

Posts 2800
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 7:28 AM

Thanks for all the hard work.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2
Earl Opinion | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2011 9:33 PM

Sure, it has been very useful to me.  Ever since logos changed the way it presents its website resources are getting more and more hard to find if you use the ftp site instead of just web ordering.  Web ordering of course is more profitable for Logos but if you want to order just single books not packages finding those single books as not part of the package is very useful if catalogs like what you're making exist.

Indeed it is useful.

Posts 308
James W Bennett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2011 5:57 AM

Roger, I don't know what your source format is, but if it would be easy to convert into Word format (either .doc or preferably .docx) then it would be able to be compiled into a Logos book format when PBB is complete.

---

James W Bennett

http://syriac.tara-lu.com/

Posts 3617
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2011 7:22 AM

I just did a quick experiment using:

http://www.pdfonline.com/pdf-to-word-converter/

The on-line version (and I expect the trial version) does a very nice job of converting the first 10 pages into an editable Word document.  I expect the full version would do the entire file.  I would be willing to invest in the full version, if someone with PBB would be willing to compile the Word files into a PBB.  

To continue the experiment, I do have a converted version of the first 10 pages of Catalog A available, if anyone would like to try to compile it into a PBB.

Note:  I am not a Beta tester and likely will not purchase the PBB compiler (unless provided free when it is released).

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS