March Madness pre-selection

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2555
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 27 2020 10:39 AM

The March Madness contestants will be selected from the most wishlisted resources:

https://www.logos.com/march-matchups/rules

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 2963
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 27 2020 10:45 AM

I love it

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 1256
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 27 2020 11:02 AM

Great news. I've often wished they'd pick from our wishlists. What better way to encourage us to buy. Although I hope most wished for single volumes get included too - I know they're currently excluded, but individual volumes for added mid-way last year.

Posts 32
Skycaptain50 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 27 2020 12:30 PM

I went to the DRAFT YOUR PICK hyperlink and there was only the regular list of books. Did I miss something? How do we draft our picks?  

Posts 227
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 27 2020 12:34 PM

Just add to your wishlist.

I have a question. Do we need to create a specific wishlist or will what is already on wishlists be included?

Scripture set to music for worship and aid memorization. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-DojPa0TlpCGhtUJq1e3Pw

Posts 161
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 27 2020 3:38 PM

Jeremy White:

I have a question. Do we need to create a specific wishlist or will what is already on wishlists be included?

No need to make a separate list. What is already there will be included.

Posts 3628
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 27 2020 4:20 PM

Thanks, Faithlife!

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 27 2020 5:20 PM

This looks like it is going to be a fun version of March Madness!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 504
Liam & Abi Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 27 2020 10:54 PM

Great idea. I love it. However, it is shame that it is for collections  and MobEd courses only:

“Some teams are ineligible to compete, including:

• Base packages
  • Individual volumes”

Carpe verbum.

Posts 1532
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 27 2020 11:29 PM

Liam & Abi Maguire:
Great idea. I love it.

Same here.

I have some Sahidic, Bohairic and Gothic in my wish list (they've been there a long time!). I assume they are collections, but I guess they don't win Sad.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 121
DBR | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2020 5:57 AM

Two questions.

How do we filter out the individual volumes so we can only find what is eligible? Just the work of finding a proper filter is too hard for most people (myself included) to not participate in the process.

Will there be dynamic pricing on the collections we already own part of? I am sure there are many who have part of a collection and would want the rest.

Thanks

Posts 326
Chrisser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2020 6:48 AM

no individual volumes? is this going to be another thing where 300 dollar bundles are on "sale" for 150?

:/

Posts 10877
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2020 7:46 AM

Chrisser:

no individual volumes? is this going to be another thing where 300 dollar bundles are on "sale" for 150?

Looks like it. And most popular, to encourage interest level. And I'd assume most FL-produced, to minimize royalties. The fall-season is the time for 'oh my goodness' sales.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 2222
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2020 3:26 PM

I'm fattening my wallet.  This could be good.

Posts 2555
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2020 5:12 PM

GaoLu:

I'm fattening my wallet.  This could be good.

And if it doesn't get good, then we'll have to blame ourselves for it, and not Faithlife.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 11
DaveR | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2020 6:08 PM

DBR:
How do we filter out the individual volumes so we can only find what is eligible? Just the work of finding a proper filter is too hard for most people (myself included) to not participate in the process.

A filter would be helpful.  But in its absence, the minimal help required would be a definition of "What Is A 'Collection'" vs. "What Is A Single Resource or 'Individual Volume'".

For example, is Murray's two-volume Epistle to the Romans commentary a "collection" because in hardcopy it came in two volumes, or is it a single resource because it is only sold by Logos as a unit?

Is the four-volume set of HALOT a single resource because the four individual volumes are not offered separately? But the five-volume set a "collection" because I-IV and V are sold separately?

Or is any and every offering that is accompanied by an image of two or more hardcopy volumes (books) considered a "collection"?

Yes, a filter would be great. But in lieu of that, a clear definition of what is eligible is required to motivate people to spend their time "voting" by creating a wish list.

Dave

Posts 358
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2020 6:31 PM

Kaleb Cuevas:

No need to make a separate list. What is already there will be included.

Could you vote double by having multiple lists?!?!

Posts 161
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 29 2020 7:55 AM

DaveR:
Or is any and every offering that is accompanied by an image of two or more hardcopy volumes (books) considered a "collection"?

A collection is any bundle of two or more resources grouped as a single product. This is a collection: https://www.logos.com/product/7458/the-epistle-to-the-romans Let me try to get a filter put together for you all.

Posts 161
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 29 2020 7:56 AM

Andrew Biddinger:

Could you vote double by having multiple lists?!?!

No we are basing on how many people have the item on their wishlist not how many wishlists it appears on. Nice try though ; )

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS