Carta for REAL No Joke

Page 1 of 4 (80 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 79 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 7277
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 3 2020 3:31 PM

Check the new section! Here’s one: https://www.logos.com/product/190974/cartas-historical-atlas-of-jerusalem

DAL

PS. Congratulations 🎉🎊🎈🍾 Your patience has been rewarded!

Ps. Just two for now: https://www.logos.com/search?sortBy=Newest&limit=60&page=1&ownership=all

Posts 1464
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 3:34 PM

Pre-ordered, just for support!

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 7277
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 4:00 PM

Ben:

Pre-ordered, just for support!

Me too and it’s cheap right now, so I can afford to duplicate.  I hope Logos fixes the graphics issue/problem/nuisance so these resources get the VIP treatment they deserve 👍😁👌

Posts 9239
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 4:13 PM

This is amazing. This must mean that Faithlife has reached some sort of agreement with Carta. I immediately placed my order.

Bring on more Carta products! Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1959
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 4:18 PM

Order placed.

Posts 7277
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 4:20 PM

Alright, now, Denise! Tell us, how did you know about Carta coming to Logos? Too much of a coincidence your April Fool’s day joke and this 😜😜😜

DAL

Posts 10966
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 4:45 PM

DAL:
Tell us, how did you know about Carta coming to Logos?

Well, to be imperfectly honest, when I saw the thread title, I thought 'DAL', and a reverse trick. So, I went ahead and fell for it. And signed up ... thanks! Who knew?

Here's the 'publisher' with the volumes:

https://www.logos.com/search?limit=60&page=1&ownership=all&filters=publisher-fdd358020ed5ae7ce53b6327d66ac391_Publisher 

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 2267
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 4:59 PM

What are the odds this may appear in an L9 base package?

Posts 7277
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 5:06 PM

GaoLu:

Possibly with the brand new graphics viewer, from the secret recipe they bought from the competition  👍😁👌

Posts 3407
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 5:12 PM

Pre-ordered both.

mm.

mm.

Posts 3903
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 6:09 PM

I almost didn't follow that link... Denise got me once but she wasn't getting me again... but then I fell for my human instincts and couldn't help myself.  Glad I looked!

Posts 3706
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 6:14 PM

Wow! Thanks be to God!

I am so grateful for all the time and effort from Faithlife and Carta Jerusalem that made this possible!

GaoLu:

It worked out well for pre-orders that were also included in L8 base packages, and that same thing might happen...

But I wouldn’t hold off on pre-ordering them, on the off-chance that they might get bundled.

I also think it’s important to show support for these pre-pubs early, and get them into production as soon as possible, with the hope that more Carta Jerusalem titles will make their way into the Logos ecosystem.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 9138
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 6:20 PM

Here's to progress! Yes

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 10966
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 7:05 PM

PetahChristian:
these pre-pubs early, and get them into production as soon as possible

Agree on support, but these are pre-orders ... already in development?

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 7277
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 7:34 PM

Denise:

PetahChristian:
these pre-pubs early, and get them into production as soon as possible

Agree on support, but these are pre-orders ... already in development?

Must be a test to gauge actual interest? If you count the actual number of people in the old carta thread, there aren’t that many people interested, only a handful.  Hopefully it’ll work out and if the prices stay cheap, I might duplicate all in Logos.

DAL

Posts 3706
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 7:37 PM

Ah, sorry, I used the wrong word. Pre-order, not pre-pub.d

I just want it to be successful for everyone, authors, publisher, producers, and consumers.

(I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes. Does FL start production immediately, hoping they will get enough pre-orders to cover their costs? Does our interest determine if other Carta Jerusalem titles become pre-pubs, or start off as pre-orders?) 

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 335
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 7:47 PM

Yahoo! Ordered both immediately! I too thought it was another ruse, but thought I would just "check it out" and lo and behold, it's for real!!!! Praise God indeed that Carta is finally coming to Logos! We definitely need maps and graphics that they have!

Posts 3706
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 7:50 PM

DAL:
Must be a test to gauge actual interest?

Possibly. I wonder if FL will help get the word out? Email? Tweet?

I hope prospective customers will recognize that Carta Jerusalem is the publisher for other (more well-known?) titles, such as Sacred Bridge.

Posts 7277
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 8:57 PM

PetahChristian:

DAL:
Must be a test to gauge actual interest?

Possibly. I wonder if FL will help get the word out? Email? Tweet?

I hope prospective customers will recognize that Carta Jerusalem is the publisher for other (more well-known?) titles, such as Sacred Bridge.

This is where FL fails miserably! This deserved a blog post and a front home page add, yet, nothing! Hopefully, they’ll learn from way too many past mistakes and advertise this properly.

DAL

Posts 3706
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 9:49 PM

To be fair, we know nothing of how much different types of advertisement costs them, or any agreements they have or criteria they may set, to determine what is or isn’t possible for them.

Who knows what they may do (or may planned to have done, in advance of our comments).

Page 1 of 4 (80 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS