Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 6
Marcia Lichte | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 30 2020 11:19 AM

Is there a way to choose a specific keyword in a passage and highlight all incidences of that word in the passage at the same time (without having to choose each instance and highlight each one separately)? 

Posts 23602
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 2:03 PM

Hi Marcia - and welcome to the forums

If you just want to see these specific words on a temporary basis you can ensure the Corresponding Words option is selected. Then clicking (or hovering over) a word will cause all similar ones to be highlighted

More details at https://wiki.logos.com/Visual_Filter_Menu#Corresponding_words 

If you want these to be highlighted more permanently you can use a visual filter

See https://wiki.logos.com/Visual_Filter for more details

Please post back if you have further questions

Graham

Posts 6
Marcia Lichte | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 4:11 PM

Thank you for the response. I knew about temporarily highlighting of corresponding words and I love that feature! But what I was looking for is a "lazy" and quick way to do inductive study keyword markings and the like without having to do them one at a time

Posts 26022
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 4:22 PM

Marcia Lichte:
what I was looking for is a "lazy" and quick way to do inductive study keyword markings

You create a Visual Filter as illustrated above. Add extra keywords as needed e.g. word, light or start a new entry with a different highlighter.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 6
Marcia Lichte | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 4:43 PM

That's what I've been doing and I guess the best I can do. I was just hoping to highlight all the visually filtered words at once. Thanks!

Posts 30179
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 4:55 PM

There are bases you can build from on the shared visual filters

Go to Documents

Select Public

Select Visual Filters

Search on Inductive

Take you pick and try it ... until you find your favorite.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 30179
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 4:57 PM

There are bases you can build from on the shared visual filters

Go to Documents

Select Public

Select Visual Filters

Search on Inductive

Take you pick and try it ... until you find your favorite.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18659
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 5:13 PM

Marcia Lichte:
But what I was looking for is a "lazy" and quick way to do inductive study keyword markings and the like without having to do them one at a time

Welcome Big Smile

Thread => more inductive symbols includes several Inductive Precept visual filter examples, which can be freely copied into your installation(s).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 6
Marcia Lichte | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 5:31 PM

Oh my goodness! This is exactly what I was looking for - thank you so much! I already modified the doc with my own Bible version preference and markings and added my own variations and additional keywords.

Posts 18659
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 6:04 PM

Marcia Lichte:
... added my own variations and additional keywords

Curious about any desired additional keyword(s) ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 30179
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 6:33 PM

Marcia Lichte:

Oh my goodness! This is exactly what I was looking for - thank you so much! I already modified the doc with my own Bible version preference and markings and added my own variations and additional keywords.

Glad you have it working. Logos is very powerful if you learn to use it, isn't it?

Posts 6
Marcia Lichte | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 9:27 PM

My reply was meant for the other poster, sorry. I can't find what you are talking about. I just found the 2 visual filter formats available under public documents - 1 for OT and 1 for the NT. That is what I copied and modified. I tried to follow your links but didn't get to the documents you discuss.Your keyword list does look pretty exhaustive.

Posts 6
Marcia Lichte | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 9:52 PM

It certainly is! Thanks for your help

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS