Page 7 of 7 (131 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7
This post has 130 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 33
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 3:40 PM

Thanks, it doesn't work at all. I did see in another forum that a working version is slated for end of next month. I guess we shall see...

Posts 111
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 3:47 PM

Jeff Frazier:

Thanks, it doesn't work at all. I did see in another forum that a working version is slated for end of next month. I guess we shall see...

Doesn't work like doesn't load? Or doesn't give the expected results? Or doesn't have some feature you need? 

There are plenty of people here who would be happy to help. The reason creating a new thread was suggested is so we don't clutter this one and someone else having the same problem can find help more easily from Goodle.

Posts 1099
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 4:05 PM

It means that you can read the book.  

Posts 109
Darrell Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 6:06 PM

Jeff Frazier:

I think that I will simply keep my old WordSearch program and use it till it falls apart. Maybe by then, Tecarta or some other bible-software company will emerge as a competitor to Logos and its slow, clunky software.

It seems you are using WS on Windows (or Mac pre-Catalina). If so, that is a good solution for you. Unfortunately, Mac users had been left high and dry since late 2019 due to WS being unable to issue a working program for Catalina (link refers). That was a very long time that they were unable to use what they had, like you, paid money for. Thus WS was only fully functional on Windows. The WS mobile apps were only bare-bones and glitchy. 

https://wordsearchbible.lifeway.com/catalina

Posts 5192
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 6:41 PM

Jeff Frazier:

However, the issue I'm having is the resources imported to Logos from WS are all broken. Either they don't work, or their functionality is extremely poor compared to WS. For example, my Dake commentary was split into three resources, and none of them work. All of them are missing books, table of contents, and they're impossible to navigate.

My copy of Dispensational Truth by Clarence Larkin works, but it too was split into two resources. None of Larkin's many charts are linked to the text from which they were gleaned. Therefore, if I want to view the related drawing, I have to navigate through a slideshow of images that link back to nothing. In WS, the resource had the drawings and charts embedded into the text, just like the actual book did.

Thank you for telling us what the issue is.

Posts 19202
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 8:26 PM

Jeff Frazier:
My copy of Dispensational Truth by Clarence Larkin works, but it too was split into two resources. None of Larkin's many charts are linked to the text from which they were gleaned. Therefore, if I want to view the related drawing,

Welcome Big Smile

Suggest opening both Dispensational Truth resources by Clarence Larkin along with setting send hyperlinks here in the Charts resource (three dots menu on right side)

Larkin textual resource has hyperlinks to Charts resource so clicking blue link can send navigation change to open Charts resource (with Send Hyperlinks here). If Charts resource is not open, then clicking textual link causes chart to open in a new tab.

FYI: Thankful for many friendly forum and Faithlife discussions: have learned a lot plus have a lot to learn. 

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 19202
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 8:52 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Larkin textual resource has hyperlinks to Charts resource

Basic search of Larkin textual resource for Chart found four chart results missing hyperlinks to Chart resource so used Right Click => Report Typo (Comment included Chart URL)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 33
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2021 7:38 PM

Thank you.

Posts 33
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 7:50 AM

Does anyone have an update on this? Someone else on this forum said maybe by the end of February, 2021. Can you or anyone else confirm this? I am still missing The KJV Study Bible (Holman), and the website did say that it would be one of the resources migrated to Logos.

Posts 33
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 7:54 AM

Thanks again, but it didn't work for me. My old WordSearch version had the charts embedded in the body of the text, just like the original book did. By clicking on one of the embedded charts, you could expand and/or print it. This seems like a lot of extra end-user navigation to do when the original simply worked simply.

Posts 33
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 10:17 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Jeff Frazier:
My copy of Dispensational Truth by Clarence Larkin works, but it too was split into two resources. None of Larkin's many charts are linked to the text from which they were gleaned. Therefore, if I want to view the related drawing,

Welcome Big Smile

Suggest opening both Dispensational Truth resources by Clarence Larkin along with setting send hyperlinks here in the Charts resource (three dots menu on right side)

Larkin textual resource has hyperlinks to Charts resource so clicking blue link can send navigation change to open Charts resource (with Send Hyperlinks here). If Charts resource is not open, then clicking textual link causes chart to open in a new tab.

FYI: Thankful for many friendly forum and Faithlife discussions: have learned a lot plus have a lot to learn. 

Keep Smiling Smile

My version is the one imported from WordSearch. My two imported resources (i.e., charts and text) were a single resource in WS, won't link together. Does anyone know if/when Logos plans to integrate these two?

Page 7 of 7 (131 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 | RSS