Notes' lists only 30 of my tags in "Filters" column; is it possible to get a full list?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 108
Maria | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 5 2021 1:40 PM

Hello! 

Is there a way to see a complete list of the tags I've created? I'm trying to avoid creating similar tags. I'm able to get a partial list under the "Filters" column by choosing "more" at the bottom of my list of tags --- but this list will only show up to 30 tags, and no more. 

I'm using a desktop version of Logos 9 on a windows computer.

Thank you!

Maria 

Testing

Posts 25884
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2021 1:59 PM

Hi Marie 

I see MJ suggested you start a new thread on this topic - thank for you doing that.

But I'm sorry but this is currently a limitation.

You can search for them and they will show up - but the 30 limit is hard-coded at the moment

I don't remember any comment from Faithlife suggesting this is going to change.

Graham

Posts 108
Maria | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2021 2:06 PM

Thank you, Graham! 

I'd better make a plan then, and decide on 30 comprehensive tags! I'll try to find posts where users have shared their plans for organizing their notes.

Thank you again. 

Testing

Posts 234
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2021 6:31 AM

If you click on the magnifying glass in the sidebar, at the top and type in the tag you are looking for, it will show up in the facet list so you can get all your notes associated with that tag whether it is listed or not. I checked my list of 30 tags and searched on a tag not listed and it showed up so I can click on it and get all my notes with that tag. See the screenshot below, I typed background at the top of the sidebar after clicking on the magnifying glass and that tag showed up for me to select even though it was not one of the 30 automatically displayed.

Posts 234
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2021 6:32 AM

Note Tags

Posts 108
Maria | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2021 12:49 PM

Thank you, yes, I had read this elsewhere. My main worry is my memory...since I can't remember exactly what tags I've created over the past year, I'm very likely to create new, similar tags, and end up with a very haphazard system in place. One solution is, if I go over 30 tags, to keep a list of them as a note. But that's a bit cumbersome, as I'd have to check the list each time I want to tag a new note. For now, I think I'll try to limit myself to only 30 tags. Thank you for responding, though!  Smile

Testing

Posts 9
Keith Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 24 2021 10:17 AM

I know that this is an older thread, but, maybe it will help someone else.  I've started using tags with a main category followed by a sub-category.

example

Topic-Alcoholism

Topic-Law

Topic-Grace.

Doctrine-Baptism

If I can at least remember the main category, it helps me see a list of possibilities without the overwhelm just by searching "Topic" or "Doctrine"  Then I don't have to remember the specific name.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS