Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 31 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 260
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 26 2021 11:25 AM

I used to notice a "rank" column in the library window. I would search for a resource and then be able to sort by "rank" to find the exact title I am looking for. I don't see that anymore and don't see it as an available column to add.

Here is an example. I am searching for the book by Graeme Goldsworthy, The Son of God and the New Creation. I couldn't remember the full title. So, I typed "Son of God" in the search of the library window. It pulled back all of the resources in the attached screenshot. 

I used to be able to select the first column ("rank") and then would be able to find the resource that most closely matched my search.

Did the "rank" column and sort by that get removed? If so, can we request it to be put back?

Thanks!

Posts 29620
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2021 11:43 AM

Jeff Terrell:
Did the "rank" column and sort by that get removed?

Hmm. I think so. It seems to me that I read about another column which disappeared... it was not intentional. Perhaps it was in the beta forum. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29620
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2021 11:45 AM

Jeff Terrell:
Did the "rank" column and sort by that get removed?

Hmm. I think so. It seems to me that I read about another column which disappeared... it was not intentional. Perhaps it was in the beta forum. 

EDIT: Actually, I think that "rank" was in searches, not in the library. It could have been in both. 

Posts 33001
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2021 12:17 PM

You control which columns are shown. Click on the title bar and you should see a list of available columns with check marks beside those that are requested to show. Does rank appear in the list? Is it checked? Rank does appear to be missing in the beta.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5513
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2021 12:25 PM

MJ. Smith:
Rank does appear to be missing in the beta.

I couldn't see it, but I had noticed it earlier today, so I closed all tabs and then opened a Library pane and now Rank is back.

Posts 33001
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2021 12:27 PM

Err 1

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 29620
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2021 12:37 PM

SineNomine:
now Rank is back.

In beta, right? 

Posts 5513
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2021 12:42 PM

JT (alabama24):

SineNomine:
now Rank is back.

In beta, right? 

Yes.

MJ. Smith:

Err 1

Are you suggesting that Rank used to appear in that list?

Posts 33001
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2021 12:43 PM

Yes, it did - that's how you displayed or hid it

Posts 29620
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2021 12:50 PM

SineNomine:
Are you suggesting that Rank used to appear in that list?

If that isn't the list you were looking in, which list were you doing so? (That is the column organizer list). 

Posts 5513
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2021 1:00 PM

JT (alabama24):
If that isn't the list you were looking in, which list were you doing so?

I wasn't looking in a list. I was looking in the Library pane (in 9.5 B1). I even ran the same search that the OP ran.

Posts 260
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2021 1:52 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I double checked after reading through these and still didn’t see “rank” in the Library pane. Looks like it may be getting put back in a build in beta now?
Posts 5513
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2021 2:36 PM

Jeff Terrell:
I double checked after reading through these and still didn’t see “rank” in the Library pane.

All I can say is that I can see it running your search in a freshly created Library pane in Verbum 9.5 Beta 1 on Windows 10.

Posts 260
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2021 2:50 PM

Sounds good! I’ll look forward to the public release!

Posts 33001
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2021 3:10 PM

SineNomine:
All I can say is that I can see it running your search in a freshly created Library pane in Verbum 9.5 Beta 1 on Windows 10.

And I can't ..

Posts 11956
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2021 3:33 PM

MJ. Smith:

You control which columns are shown. Click on the title bar and you should see a list of available columns with check marks beside those that are requested to show. Does rank appear in the list? Is it checked? Rank does appear to be missing in the beta.

I'm not sure that it used to work this way and I don't remember it being so. Rank column is not showing in the library unless it is filtered - then it will appear as the leftmost column in details view and is sortable and movable, but did not and does not show in the list of selectable columns. That's how it works in both Verbum 9.4 stable and Logos 9.5 Beta 1 on my Win 10 machine and I believe this has not changed recently.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 33001
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2021 4:04 PM

I'll double check - I use it so rarely ..

Posts 26817
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2021 5:26 PM

NB.Mick:
Rank column is not showing in the library unless it is filtered - then it will appear as the leftmost column in details view and is sortable and movable, but did not and does not show in the list of selectable columns.

Correct (as with Logos 8, Win 10). Jeff's issue appears to be Mac specific and won't be fixed in the Beta as there is no issue on Windows 10.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 260
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 27 2021 7:38 AM

Yep. I checked it this morning during my study just to see if I was missing something and captured this screenshot. It's not there. 

I find it helpful when I can only remember a couple words of a title and then sort by "rank" and usually get the right title near or at the top.

I looked into the filter but didn't see that it resolved anything with the Mac. 

THANKS for the feedback! (Anything I need to do to request this to be put back on the Mac for future builds?)

Posts 26817
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 27 2021 8:30 AM

Jeff Terrell:
(Anything I need to do to request this to be put back on the Mac for future builds?)

Create a bug thread in the desktop beta forum and refer to this thread (state Mac user)

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS