Any chance this book will find its way back into Verbum?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 278
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 29 2021 5:05 PM

https://www.verbum.com/product/49336/verbum-domini-and-the-complementarity-of-exegesis-and-theology

I missed out on this one back when it was live, and if I'm not mistaken, it was included in one of the higher libraries of Verbum 8. 

Right now it says: Due to rights restrictions, this collection is currently unavailable.

I had hoped this would be a short-lived issue, since Eerdmans is the publisher, but it has been this way for a good while now. 

Posts 332
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2021 9:08 AM

Eerdmans is no longer the rights holder, and we haven't been able to reach an agreement with the new rights holder. Sorry it isn't available right now!

Posts 1275
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2021 10:19 AM

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):

Eerdmans is no longer the rights holder, and we haven't been able to reach an agreement with the new rights holder. Sorry it isn't available right now!

Praying you will be able to reach that agreement.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 278
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2021 10:34 AM

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):

That explains it; thanks kindly for the clarification, Donald.

Posts 5627
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2021 7:41 AM

Kevin Clemens:
Right now it says: Due to rights restrictions, this collection is currently unavailable.

I didn't realize that one resource counted as a "collection". Wink

“The wisdom of the Scriptures is learned rather by prayer than by study.” — St. Philip Neri

Posts 33
LogosEmployee
TL Putnam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 2 2021 10:56 AM

I am actively working on this.

Posts 591
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2021 5:23 AM

After looking in my Library, it seems Faithlife has removed it from my library as well. I thought that was supposed to never happen!!NoNo

Posts 12167
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2021 7:44 AM

Bobby Terhune:
After looking in my Library, it seems Faithlife has removed it from my library as well. I thought that was supposed to never happen

Hm. It is still available for me - maybe you had a filter active? Try this link: https://ref.ly/logosres/vrbmdmncmplxgth?ref=Page.p+v&off=55 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 33860
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2021 1:06 PM

Bobby Terhune:
After looking in my Library, it seems Faithlife has removed it from my library as well. I thought that was supposed to never happen

Mine is still there - was yours a permanent or temporary license i.e. via Connect?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 591
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2021 1:52 PM

Well.... after a call to customer service, who were very helpful, it seems I'm in error and did not have it after all, Not sure why I felt so strongly that I had that title.

Posts 278
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2021 11:51 AM

Through a somewhat circuitous route in pursuing new publications on Augustine's Confessions, I found my way back to this particular volume and series as a whole: 

https://spspress.com/book-series/catholic-theological-formation-series/

I could see the CTF series (6 vols at present) finding an audience in Verbum. I for one would be interested in having all of the current volumes with Verbum functionality.

• The Revelation of Your Words: The New Evangelization and the Role of the Seminary Professor of Sacred Scripture
  • Piercing the Clouds: Lectio Divina and Preparation for Ministry
  • In the School of the Word: Biblical Interpretation from the New to the Old Testament
  • On Earth as It Is in Heaven: Cultivating a Contemporary Theology of Creation
  • Augustine's Confessions and Contemporary Concerns
  • Verbum Domini and the Complementarity of Exegesis and Theology

Posts 5905
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2021 6:49 PM

There would be those like myself outside the verbum  audience, but like to read broadly who would also support such a series.

Kevin Clemens:

Through a somewhat circuitous route in pursuing new publications on Augustine's Confessions, I found my way back to this particular volume and series as a whole: 

I could see the CTF series (6 vols at present) finding an audience in Verbum. I for one would be interested in having all of the current volumes with Verbum functionality.

• The Revelation of Your Words: The New Evangelization and the Role of the Seminary Professor of Sacred Scripture
  • In the School of the Word: Biblical Interpretation from the New to the Old Testament

Posts 332
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 10:47 AM

Kevin Clemens:

We'd love to have these in the software. Working on it!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS