Sermon Editor in Logos 9 going SLOW

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1
Devin Deuell | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 25 2022 1:08 PM

Hi users, I'm hoping for some help. When my sermons get to 3000-4000 words, the keystrokes go extremely slow, both in the desktop app and the webapp from a macbook pro. I just upgraded from a macbook air to the 14" pro to deal with it.

Anyone know why that's the case? It didn't used to happen to me till a couple months ago. I use the Sermon Manager for all my sermons, so I really don't want to change my method.

Posts 25985
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2022 3:24 PM

Hi Devin - and welcome to the forums

This does seem to be a problem with large sermon documents - see https://community.logos.com/forums/p/205209/1193849.aspx#1193849 for a comment from one of the Faithlife team

I'm not aware of a solution to this yet

Graham

Posts 17
David Ashworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2022 7:19 AM

Putting this here though I replied in the beta forum:

I have the PC Desktop version of logos and I start experiencing lag week after week around 2500 words.  I literally can type a full sentence and wait then the entire sentence shows up.  It's gotten really bad lately.  It wasn't like this before.  I have over 200 sermons composed in the editor all sermons around 3400 - 3800 words each. It has not been until recently that it's gotten this bad.

Posts 373
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2022 9:18 AM

David Ashworth:

Putting this here though I replied in the beta forum:

I have the PC Desktop version of logos and I start experiencing lag week after week around 2500 words.  I literally can type a full sentence and wait then the entire sentence shows up.  It's gotten really bad lately.  It wasn't like this before.  I have over 200 sermons composed in the editor all sermons around 3400 - 3800 words each. It has not been until recently that it's gotten this bad.

It is very frustrating. It is doing a major lag on both PC and MAC, I have both. If it were not for the fact that you can insert verses so easily, I would have already discontinued using the sermon editor. I am not sure why we "update" things and break things that have worked. 

Posts 159
LogosEmployee
Austin Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2022 10:20 AM

Thanks for the input on this.  We had that on our roadmap of things to do but we will move this even higher up the priority list so that it gets addressed very soon.

Posts 5
David J Sutton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2022 10:35 AM

Thank you, Austin, for responding and attending to this.  I pray the team programs a fix soon.

Posts 122
Maria | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2022 4:10 PM

Thank you, Austin.

My current document (in sermon builder) is only at 1,301 words, and I'm seeing lag. (I can type a whole word, then wait and watch for it to appear.) 

This is new for me - it wasn't happening even a month or so ago.

Thank you for all the behind-the-scenes work on this.

Maria  Big Smile

Testing

Posts 159
LogosEmployee
Austin Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 4 2022 1:45 PM

Maria Brown:

Thank you, Austin.

My current document (in sermon builder) is only at 1,301 words, and I'm seeing lag. (I can type a whole word, then wait and watch for it to appear.) 

This is new for me - it wasn't happening even a month or so ago.

Thank you for all the behind-the-scenes work on this.

Maria  Big Smile

Maria,

Just to confirm, this 1,300 word document that you're experiencing the lag on is within the desktop app?  If so, can you please share with me if you're on Windows/Mac and also what version number of the program you are on?

We are beginning work on this so having this extra info will help our investigation.

Thanks!

Posts 122
Maria | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 4 2022 4:49 PM

Hello Austin,

Yes, the desktop app, on Windows, Logos Bible Software 9.11 SR-1, 9.11.0.0022. 

Thank you!

Testing

Posts 732
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2022 9:16 PM

I am having all sorts of lag problems that I think have nothing to do with Logos. There are reports of some Windows driver issues, and my cellular wifi provider is "upgrading" but in reality that means removing a lot of the 4G towers.

Posts 3940
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 15 2022 10:35 AM
Devin Deuell:

Hi users, I'm hoping for some help. When my sermons get to 3000-4000 words, the keystrokes go extremely slow, both in the desktop app and the webapp from a macbook pro. I just upgraded from a macbook air to the 14" pro to deal with it.

Anyone know why that's the case? It didn't used to happen to me till a couple months ago. I use the Sermon Manager for all my sermons, so I really don't want to change my method.

This has been fixed in 9.12.
Posts 1
E. Gabriel Florez | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2022 8:10 AM

Creí que era el único que tenía ese problema, pero ya veo que hay mas casos, el problema es que es algo nuevo, antes funcionaba muy bien, pero parece que en la actualización a 9.12 se corrigió.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS