Re: Release Notes and Updated Resource Info on Home Page -Thanks

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 109
Larry Heflin | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 1 2011 11:40 PM

Thank you to the people behind the product at Logos for these and the other goodies. The "Release Notes" and the "Updated Resources"  were just the first things I noticed. They are very much appreciated. I'll be poking around some more. Now get back to work.

Larry

Posts 43
Craig Ostrander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 9:24 AM

I sure can't find them on my homepage. Where are the release notes and resource updates located? I'm on a mac

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 9:34 AM

Hi Craig

You need to enable them on the home page - the diagram below is from a Windows machine but hopefully there will be something similar on the Mac

The things to enable are "Release Notes" and "Updated Resources"

Graham

Posts 13116
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 9:39 AM

Craig Ostrander:
Where are the release notes and resource updates located?

They're also only available on the newest version of Logos (4.2a) which was released yesterday. You'll need to make sure you've updated to that version.

Posts 43
Craig Ostrander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 9:43 AM

Thanks Graham but I already have those enabled in preferences. Where are the release notes located on the home page? For the life of me I cannot find them.

Craig

Posts 43
Craig Ostrander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 9:45 AM

Hi Mark,

I updated yesterday so am current. I just cannot find those features on the home page.

Craig

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 10:20 AM

Hi Craig

Craig Ostrander:
Thanks Graham but I already have those enabled in preferences. Where are the release notes located on the home page? For the life of me I cannot find them

On my system they are on the second page among a range of other articles

Clicking on the "more" link opens a browser window containing the release notes.

Graham

Posts 43
Craig Ostrander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 10:32 AM

Hmm very strange. I don't have anything like that on mine. Perhaps that feature is Windows only and not Mac. I'd sure like to see what resources were updated. I can get the release notes from the wiki but would be nice to see them from the homepage.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 10:44 AM

Have you tried F5? I just did and that solved it for me. (And, yes, I'm on Mac.)

Can someone explain to me why I have to hit F5 to see this, when I have already restarted Logos at least 3 times after downloading the upgrade? Why doesn't the restart update the Home Page automatically? It seems like a considerable waste of time to first load an old page, and then immediately having to refresh it manually...

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 5607
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 10:51 AM

fgh:
Can someone explain to me why I have to hit F5 to see this, when I have already restarted Logos at least 3 times after downloading the upgrade? Why doesn't the restart update the Home Page automatically? It seems like a considerable waste of time to first load an old page, and then immediately having to refresh it manually...

I can't be sure, but I think it's set up to reload once a day, and load from cache between times (even if you restart).

It really should reload after a new install, but I don't think it is.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 13116
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 10:51 AM

fgh:
Why doesn't the restart update the Home Page automatically?

The home page gets regenerated each day, not on each restart - so even if you never close Logos you'll still get a new homepage, and if you frequently open and close it you'll save time generating it unnecessarily.

Posts 43
Craig Ostrander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 11:00 AM

Well I did the F5 and did get a new page. There was a article that says that the update is now shipping but there is no link to the release notes or resources update. I have updated and am on the current version. 

Posts 43
Craig Ostrander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 11:02 AM

My homepage does not regenerate each day either. I must close the program and reopen to get the new homepage 1st thing every morning.

Posts 13116
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 11:06 AM

Craig Ostrander:
Well I did the F5 and did get a new page. There was a article that says that the update is now shipping but there is no link to the release notes or resources update. I have updated and am on the current version. 

Perhaps try customising the home page so that it only shows the updates and release notes, to see what happens?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 11:25 AM

Mark Barnes:

Craig Ostrander:

Perhaps try customising the home page so that it only shows the updates and release notes, to see what happens?

Using Logos 4.2a (4.21.5.0585) on Mac - Home Page regenerates when customize content items checked or unchecked:

Edit: Logos 4.2a (4.21.5.0585) was installed Feb 22 - Update Resources shows files updated after 4.2a installation.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 43
Craig Ostrander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 11:34 AM

When I turn off everything but release notes and updated resources my home page comes up with "New heaven and earth" article and the book of the day and that is all. Do you suppose that the indexing has not completed since the upgrade? Would prevent the new features from taking effect? I don't see the indexing icon at the top but I saw a brief "growl" message that the system might run slow while Logos indexes.

Craig

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 11:40 AM

Craig Ostrander:
I sure can't find them on my homepage. Where are the release notes and resource updates located? I'm on a mac
 By any chance do you have the internet turned off in Logos?  (Tools → Settings)

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 43
Craig Ostrander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 1:13 PM

Well this has been interesting to say the least but the problem is now solved. A few minutes ago I restarted Logos and even though my "about Logos" option showed the latest version of software installed, I got an onscreen message saying Logos was downloading 74 megs of updates. I let it go through the process again and went through the install process and now everything is showing as it should. I do notice there is a later build number than what was previously there. Anyways everything is good now. Thanks for all the help suggestions :)

Still smiling,

Craig

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 1:14 PM

Craig Ostrander:

When I turn off everything but release notes and updated resources my home page comes up with "New heaven and earth" article and the book of the day and that is all. Do you suppose that the indexing has not completed since the upgrade? Would prevent the new features from taking effect? I don't see the indexing icon at the top but I saw a brief "growl" message that the system might run slow while Logos indexes.

Possibly resources not updated after 4.2a installed (and indexed).  Previous 4.0b version on Mac did not track resource update date.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2011 12:46 PM

Craig Ostrander:

After 4.2a SR-1 release and resources updated after 4.2a installation, both appear on Mac home page (similar appearance on PC):

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS