Why Notes on Passage Guide et. al.

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 45 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 3:15 AM

MJ. Smith:

Robert Pavich:
And also I'd like to see it trigger your notes when the new PG only OVERLAPS the current PG

These are in My Content - I tested yesterday. I would not want the ability to update an overlapping note - to easy to put notes outside where you mean to. To me the current functionality has the appropriate behavior.

Martha,

Let me explain what I was saying:

I was studying John 3:16 as a test of the note system, and in the PG; it actually showed "John 3:15-18"

So even though, my note was actually relevant to the actual text of John 3:16, it won't show if you type in anything else but EXACTLY John 3:15-18!

You won't see your note if you type in John 3:16, you won't see it if you type in John 3:16-17.....

To me...that's ludicrous!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 19308
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 4:03 AM

Philip Spitzer:

Rosie Perera:
I wish they would provide a quick way to see a list of them all, from which you could delete any that you don't need anymore.

missed this in your original post. You can see a list of them all, you can't delete guides from it. Create a guide with only a "my content" section. then run the guide "gen-rev".

Yes, I know about that method, but it seems sort of overkill for what we want, doesn't it? Besides, it crashed Logos when I tried that before. Haven't tried it again recently and am not eager to. It took a LOOOOOONG time!

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 7:39 AM

That's odd, Mine comes right up instantly. Yes it is overkill, but it is the only way to do it that I can think of. For those interested in trying it create a completely blank custom guide. Make sure nothing is in it. having a blank guide is handy for those times you only want to see one or two sections of a passage guide. Run the guide and then add the section you want to see at the time. In this case create a blank guide, run the guide for Gen-Rev, and then add the "my content" section. I currently have only about 30 guides that show up. I don't know how long it would take with more guides, and if you take lots of notes and clippings this would effect it as well, I assume.

Posts 33435
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 1:07 PM

Robert Pavich:

I was studying John 3:16 as a test of the note system, and in the PG; it actually showed "John 3:15-18"

So even though, my note was actually relevant to the actual text of John 3:16, it won't show if you type in anything else but EXACTLY John 3:15-18!

You won't see your note if you type in John 3:16, you won't see it if you type in John 3:16-17....

Right but the fact that there is such a note appears under "My Content" which is the behavior I would expect and that I want. PG/EG does not support multiple notes in the same section, but even if it did (which I wish it did) I would still want it to show the contents only of the notes attached to that specific span of verses. Note that my spans are often liturgical units where my notes may not be relevant to overlapping spans.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19308
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 2:29 PM

Philip Spitzer:

That's odd, Mine comes right up instantly.

Well, what do you know! It's working on my machine now, too. And rather quickly, at that. I guess in the past I must have been trying to do a fully populated default Passage Guide, not one with just My Content.

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS