Great tips for Logos 4

Page 1 of 3 (58 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 57 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:48 PM

I'm hoping that this can be a post where truly great tips are offered concerning Logos 4. Please only offer tips that you have found truly helpful.

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:11 PM

Steven L. Spencer:

I'm hoping that this can be a post where truly great tips are offered concerning Logos 4. Please only offer tips that you have found truly helpful.

The best tips I found are consolidated on the wiki - have a read and let me know what you think.

Posts 8662
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:39 PM

Best tip: watch the videos.  Seriously.  All of them.  

http://www.logos.com/videos

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:49 PM

The videos are too basic and incomplete. I hope Logos posts more in-depth "hoe to" videos in the near future. The one's they have just don't cut it. But I thank you for your suggestion.

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:51 PM

Wiki just doesn't ring my bell. I am hoping that there are some beta-users who can really provide some solid "how-to" tips for Logos 4. But I thank you for your reply.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:53 PM

Steven L. Spencer:
Wiki just doesn't ring my bell
Could you give an example of something that would ring your bell?

Posts 5636
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 9:19 PM

Steven L. Spencer:

"Turn off the Use Internet option if you are having performance problems."

That's my tip.  But truly the wiki is the place to put these things, and there are a bunch there. It's a good list, go read it.  No bells needed.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 4:52 AM

Steven L. Spencer:

The videos are too basic and incomplete. I hope Logos posts more in-depth "hoe to" videos in the near future. The one's they have just don't cut it. But I thank you for your suggestion.

Steven,

what SPECIFICALLY would you like to see as a topic in a video...?

I'm more than willing to tackle what I can and make one.

In the mean time...here are some vids.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=166041711847&comments=#/group.php?v=app_2392950137&ref=mf&gid=193808921078

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:15 AM

Is there a way to pull up Logos new map set without doing a seach or use the passage guide?

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:20 AM

Steve,

i believe you can just type

title:logos map

in your library and then just open it

Robert Pavich

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:32 AM

Robert,

Your suggestion opens only the old Logos map sets. L4 comes with 60 new high resolution maps. These show up after doing a Passage guide operation in the Bible Places (if the passage has a location). Once open it shows a lot of map icons at the bottom and you can view any of them.

My problem is that sometime i just want to view one of these maps and cannot find a way to open them without looking up a verse with a location that might pull them up in the passage guide.

Posts 319
Michael Hite | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:32 AM

I agree with this completely!!! BIG help!

2015 13" MacBook Pro - 2 Ghz Intel i7 - 16 GB RAM - 500GB SSD - 2018 iMac Pro - 3.2GHz 8-core Xeon - both systems running OS 10.14.3 (Mojave)

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:42 AM

steveclark:
My problem is that sometime i just want to view one of these maps and cannot find a way to open them without looking up a verse with a location that might pull them up in the passage guide.

Are you looking for Tools>Biblical places? Or you can type "Show Biblical Places" in the command box. Or if you are in a Bible and want to look up a place right click on the place, and the following options appears.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:46 AM

Steve,

Whoops....then I'd also like to know how to pull this up! Big Smile

Robert Pavich

Posts 319
Michael Hite | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:53 AM

Robert Pavich:

Thanks for the videos Robert - keep them coming when you can. I was going to start doing a few myself.

2015 13" MacBook Pro - 2 Ghz Intel i7 - 16 GB RAM - 500GB SSD - 2018 iMac Pro - 3.2GHz 8-core Xeon - both systems running OS 10.14.3 (Mojave)

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:07 AM

steveclark:

Robert,

Your suggestion opens only the old Logos map sets. L4 comes with 60 new high resolution maps. These show up after doing a Passage guide operation in the Bible Places (if the passage has a location). Once open it shows a lot of map icons at the bottom and you can view any of them.

I like to look into the maps also. I see Biblical Places as a great improvement against the old way of v3. What better can you get than that?

Bohuslav

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:08 AM

Philip Spitzer:
Are you looking for Tools>Biblical places? Or you can type "Show Biblical Places" in the command box. Or if you are in a Bible and want to look up a place right click on the place, and the following options appears.

This helps some. But for instance i am in Ezekiel and reading in chapter 39, i wanted to view Israel & Babylon. i clicked on Israel in Ezekiel and nothing appeared in the popup menu for biblical places. If i open Biblical Places it shows a single image of a picture with no maps. So in the textbox in Biblical places i typed exile, again no maps. Then typed Babylon, now maps appeared. And after viewing map icons i find one of Babylon during the Exile.

I also found one of Logos's maps 'Deportation of Israelites and Return'. It would be nice to see a list of these 60 maps and let me view it. Like be able to open their new maps and view the table of contents. Thus letting me see what they have and i select what i am looking for.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:12 AM

Bohuslav,

Thanks. I like the improvement too. But it would also be nice to see a list of all their new maps. It seems that when i type a location, it only shows what Logos deems relevant. Thus i have to do trial and error to try and find these 60 maps that they advertise.

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:16 AM

I am awaiting membership confirmation and looking forward to it. One thing I'd really like to know:

On Logos 3 I had numerous collections that were always present and loaded any time I went to a difference verse. With Logos 4 I have to constantly select and re-open my collections. I don't like that because it takes time and is just a hassle.  Any suggestions on how I can keep my collections loaded even when I move to a different passage of Scripture?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:22 AM

steveclark:
i clicked on Israel in Ezekiel and nothing appeared in the popup menu for biblical places.

That's odd. I get the following for Israel Biblical places.There are 4 new maps from Logos that come up.

Page 1 of 3 (58 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS