Logos won't launch after latest update (5/22/12)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 152
Chris Martin | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 22 2012 12:00 PM

After launching Proclaim today (Mac, 10.6.8, 2.4 Core 2 Duo, 8GB RAM), it downloaded the new update and asked me to install and relaunch. I clicked the button and waited, and waited, and waited. Looking at the activity monitor revealed that the Proclaim process was sitting at 75% CPU usage, but the program wasn't launching. After waiting a while longer I finally did a force quit on the process and tried to relaunch Proclaim. Same issue - the process would spin up to 75% CPU usage, but the program would never launch.

I checked the log files, but nothing was being recorded (which is why they aren't attached). I then downloaded the installer from proclaimonline.com and installed over the top of my original Proclaim installation. Same problem. Then I deleted Proclaim and installed fresh. Same problem. Then I deleted the Library > Application Support > Proclaim folder as well as the Proclaim app and installed fresh. Same problem.

Anyone else seeing this behavior or have any suggestions? Thanks!

UPDATE: Just realized I didn't try to most obvious troubleshooting step of all - reboot and retry. So I did, and still no go. Oh well.

Platform Details for Alpha/Beta Testing Reference:

• Windows 7 Home Premium x64
  • Intel Core2 Duo P7450 @ 2.13GHz
  • 6GB DDR3 RAM
  • Logos 4 Gold

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2012 2:17 PM

Try opening the Console program then starting Proclaim. Do you see any related messages?

Posts 194
Allen Petersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2012 3:02 PM

There is an issue preventing Proclaim 1.5 build 9 starting on Mac computers running OS X version 10.6. If this affects you please uninstall and re-download the app from proclaimonline.com

We are actively working on a solution to this problem.

-allen

Posts 152
Chris Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2012 4:48 PM

Thanks Scott and Allen for your replies.

Scott - I ran console, tried firing up Proclaim (a couple times actually), and got the same log each time:

5/22/12 4:38:56 PM [0x0-0x72072].com.logos.Proclaim[577] Stacktrace:

Nothing else related to Proclaim was logged after waiting for a few minutes.

Allen - As per my initial post, I have indeed tried to uninstall and re-download from proclaimonline.com. So far this hasn't helped. Up until today's release I haven't had any difficulties running any version of Proclaim, so I don't know if I have the 1.5 build 9 issue with my system or not. Do you have any recommendations for a more thorough uninstall process or some other debugging information I can get for you? Thanks!

• 6GB DDR3 RAM
  • Logos 4 Gold

Posts 194
Allen Petersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2012 9:28 PM

Chris,

I apologize but the website was still providing the broken version until about 9:15 PST. This has been corrected and the older working version should be available.

-allen

Posts 152
Chris Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2012 11:44 PM

And there was great rejoicing throughout the land.

Thanks for the update Allen, especially given the late hour. I re-downloaded the file from the website and things are back up and running like normal.

• 6GB DDR3 RAM
  • Logos 4 Gold

Posts 44
Pastor Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2012 5:35 AM

Is this the latest build for mac? 1.05.0.00006  I ask because proclaim says I have latest version, but I cannot use new features like powerpoint import and control-U for underline.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2012 7:37 AM

Pastor Todd:
Is this the latest build for mac? 1.05.0.00006  

Shortly after shipping build 9 we discovered an issue w/ Macs running versions prior to 10.7. Unfortunately we had to roll back the changes until the issue can be resolved. For now build 6 is the current Mac build which does not include support for PowerPoint import.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS