Logos App does not follow presentation

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 71
Michael Florant | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 9 2012 9:06 PM

I cannot see my presentation. I have it On Air, on the Internet, the settings are correct in my logos App for the group and everytyhing. I do not see any presentations. I emailed Logos iPhone customer service but must not have understood me because they said to download the Proclaim App which is not what I was talking about and is something entirely different.

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2012 8:13 AM

If you could verify a couple of things for me:

1) Is the location for your church complete and correct? The location you set for your presentation in the Proclaim application determines where the signals are broadcast to, so you'll want to ensure that is correct. 

2) Is your iPhone giving you the right location as well? Make sure you have your location settings turned on, and try opening up Maps to make sure you're located at the right spot.

3) When you say "the settings are correct in my logos App for the group", do you mean you have "Follow Presentations" turned On, and also that "Ask to Follow Nearby" is turned On as well?

Posts 71
Michael Florant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2012 8:35 AM

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the response. yes, The location is correct and I have "Follow Presentations" turned on and my group selected. Location services are on. Will it only follow the presentation during the date and time specified? I was wondering about that because I am expecting to see the signals anytime I select "On Air"

Is this how it works or will the presentation only be followed by the app during the date/time defined in Proclaim?

Also, I continue to get Sync errors right after I go Off Air. It syncs file after loading Proclaim and making edits and then if I go on Air to test it out and then make some changes, it no longer syncs. I have to restart the program. I posted this in another forum but have not gotten a response so i figured I would post it here to ;-)

Thanks

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:13 AM

So, when you open the Maps app on your phone, the locator is positioned in the same place as the locator in the Proclaim application? Sorry if I'm flogging a dead horse, but another user did experience an issue with the GPS on his device which caused some problems.

You are correct, you should be able to see and follow the presentation any time the presentation is "On Air", not only during the specified date and time.

Could you tell me more about your device: presumably it is an iPhone? Which version of the Logos Bible app are you running? Which version of the iPhone OS are you running? Which version of the Proclaim application on your computer are you running?

Regarding the sync issue, I have responded to that thread separately, just to keep things tidy.

Posts 71
Michael Florant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:28 AM

If I put in the address used in Proclaim for the church into my phone they both point to the same address. I am using an iPhone 4S with the latest OS, the latest Logos App version and the latest Proclaim version. Everything is the latest and greatest. Where do the followed presentation's show up within the Logos App?

It would be really nice if there was documentation about this feature within the app itself because it does not seem to be very user friendly for people to follow along if they don't have instructions

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:42 AM

Michael Florant:

If I put in the address used in Proclaim for the church into my phone they both point to the same address. 

If you want to see the presentation, the address for the presentation should be the same as your current location. So, if you are currently testing the presentation at home, you should have your home address entered into the presentation. The signals are broadcast to a specific location, so if you are testing at home and your phone GPS indicates you are at home, but the address for the presentation is your church, your phone can't "see" the signals being broadcast because they are being broadcast to a separate location. Does that make sense?

As to where the followed presentations show up, you will first get a popup asking you to follow the presentation, and then there will be a small bar at the bottom of your screen which will show signals as they appear.

Posts 71
Michael Florant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:55 AM

So people can only follow the service when they are in the service and not at home??? It seems that the presentation following protocol should be linked to the actual group name and not the location only. So whenever a certain group is is broadcasting, anyone following that group can see it. But I understand what you are saying and will try that out.

Again...a manual or help function would be most useful

Thanks again. I will post again if I still have isseus

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS