Theology/Denomination Tags

Page 30 of 30 (585 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30
This post has 584 Replies | 38 Followers

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 3:24 AM

Any comments, Logos?  Phil Gons?  Anyone else?

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 5:37 AM

Congrats on the kids Andrew!

I suspect if they were really planning to add this in, it would have happened by 8, if not chances are good it won't happen till 9. Between now and then lots of books will be released. They did tweak tagging for 8 though, not sure if that will solve our problem with collections.

Full time student, full time pastor. I get the no time bit. Maybe in the spring term I'll be able to do some things.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 745
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2018 10:29 PM

Andrew Baguley:

<snip />

... as Logos suggested that they were going to categorise all authors and allow this categorisation to be used to filter in the library, etc.  I'm assuming this would be a use of the new faceted sidebar, although I haven't seen any sign of denominations or theologies in Logos 8, never mind countries and dates, as in the spreadsheet that drives this project.  I've been holding off until Logos 8 arrived, thinking that it would make the spreadsheet obsolete.  Now it's arrived, I'm disappointed that there is still no sign of the functionality, but I am still reluctant to put in the work until I know what Logos' plans are.  If they plan to release something that will make my spreadsheet obsolete in the next six months, then I would feel I had been wasting my time.

<snip />

Andrew: we've done some initial work on categorizing denominational traditions and authors, and we're still planning on integrating this data into Library. It didn't make the cut for Logos 8.1: we're still working on it. But it's definitely still in the works.

Posts 3037
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 4:06 AM

Thank you for the good news!

Posts 50
Bill | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 4:34 AM

Sean Boisen:
we've done some initial work on categorizing denominational traditions and authors, and we're still planning on integrating this data into Library. It didn't make the cut for Logos 8.1: we're still working on it. But it's definitely still in the works.

Absolutely great news!! thank you.

Page 30 of 30 (585 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 | RSS