Page 2 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 59 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 91
David Mullens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 7:31 PM

Bill, what exactly arebyou trying to do that isnt working? are you trying to sideload logos by downloading it from the link in the forums?

if you ate trying to get it from the amazon store, you might be waiting for a while  

Posts 7
Bill Mattox | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 7:49 PM

i tried to dl from the logos site  i clicked on the kindle fire (i have the new hd) and it takes me to the amazon site where the logos for kindle is x'd out and cannot be downloaded.  

Posts 7
Bill Mattox | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 8:02 PM

just did a dl of the stable version from logos.  Launch icon is definitely pretty fuzzy but we'll see how it runs  

Posts 261
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 24 2012 3:22 PM

Amazon has now approved the 2.1.2 versions of the Bible, Vyrso, and FSB apps. It would be helpful if someone with a Kindle Fire HD device could confirm that the apps are now available without needing to side load them.

One of the benefits of installing the apps from the Amazon Appstore is a higher resolution launch icon.

Still waiting on Biblia approval but that should be coming soon.

Posts 7
Bill Mattox | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 24 2012 3:32 PM

Success!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

Posts 261
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 24 2012 3:40 PM

Bill Mattox:

Success!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

Good to hear! Do all the apps appear as available on your Kindle FIre HD (BIble, Faithlife Study Bible and Vyrso)?

Posts 7
Bill Mattox | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 24 2012 3:46 PM

only running Bible ... sorry :(

Posts 7
Bill Mattox | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 24 2012 4:02 PM

fsb works.  cant find vyrso  when i enter it logos app comes up

Posts 91
David Mullens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 24 2012 5:18 PM

thanks for getting the programs on fire hd. I was able to get Logos on earlier this evening. FLB was available a couple of days or so.  

Posts 45
Dr. Rupert Loyd Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 25 2012 5:34 AM

Thanks Gabe!

Posts 3765
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2012 4:34 PM

October 2, setting up my children's HD.  Still no Vyrso.  Curious abut something else, I signed in, but don't see my library, just a handful of arcane books and a couple bibles.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 261
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 3:54 PM

Dan DeVilder:

October 2, setting up my children's HD.  Still no Vyrso.

The latest version of Vyrso is available in the Amazon Appstore for non Kindle Fire devices. Amazon has not and likely never will approve the Vyrso app for the Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD devices. Your options on Kindle Fire devices are to install the Bible, Biblia, or Faithlife Study Bible apps via the Amazon Market or download the Vyrso app via our website and sideload it.

You can sideload Vyrso on the Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD devices with the two downsides being that you'll get a fairly pixelated Vyrso icon on your home screen and will need to manually download updates when prompted that they are available.  To download the latest Vyrso app go to http://downloads.logos.com/Android/Vyrso/stable/index.html and click the link for Android 2.2+ devices. Once you download the apk you'll need to make sure that you have the option to install apps from 3rd party sources enabled in order to install it.

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 7:34 AM

I love Logos and the csr's are responsive...but noone seems willing to weigh in on the new tablets yet.

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 7:55 AM

I want to buy one possibly but your post has scared me some.  i need access to all my books and I keep reading about font issues on the Nexus?  What have you found?  Please email me at Joshua dot lieder at amwins dot com brother if you have time...thanks.

Posts 1737
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 8:01 AM

Others have said that spambots scan these forums and you WILL be over run by unwanted emails unless you change your email address to read something like Joshua dot lieder at amwins dot com.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 910
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 8:06 AM

Gabe Martin:

Dan DeVilder:

The latest version of Vyrso is available in the Amazon Appstore for non Kindle Fire devices. Amazon has not and likely never will approve the Vyrso app for the Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD devices. Your options on Kindle Fire devices are to install the Bible, Biblia, or Faithlife Study Bible apps via the Amazon Market or download the Vyrso app via our website and sideload it.

You can sideload Vyrso on the Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD devices with the two downsides being that you'll get a fairly pixelated Vyrso icon on your home screen and will need to manually download updates when prompted that they are available.  To download the latest Vyrso app go to http://downloads.logos.com/Android/Vyrso/stable/index.html and click the link for Android 2.2+ devices. Once you download the apk you'll need to make sure that you have the option to install apps from 3rd party sources enabled in order to install it.

Thanks, Gabe, for the info about Vyrso. Frankly, this is a deal-breaker for me. I was seriously considering a Fire HD 8.9", but having a pixelated Vyrso app isn't going to work. I realize this is Amazon's decision and not that of Logos.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 9:03 AM

Given the length and the content found in this string...Kindle Fire would have to go in the fire if I bought one.

I dont want to be a programmer to get Logos working and readable on my new expensive toy...I mean gadget....I mean reader.

Posts 3765
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 5:22 PM

Gabe Martin:

Dan DeVilder:

THank you, Gabe.  Guess I will just have to teach my kids Logos navigation. :)  Thanks for the update.  Sorry Vyrso won't be naturally included.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 91
David Mullens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 7:45 PM

Of course it is your decision, but it is only the Vyros icon is pixulated, and to be honest, I dont find it that big of a deal at all. I have found I like the device much.more than I thought. Tomorrow Im leading a retreat and taking my Fire HD and using the HDMI output to display a Powerpoint presetation on a TV that is there.

If I need to I can even display Logos on the screen. HDMI makes this device a very useful tool in my opinion.

Posts 910
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2012 5:19 AM

That's true, David, about Vyrso, but it's just so indicative of this seemingly relentless pursuit of profit to the extreme that anything that appears to be a competitor is restricted from a device. It's really frustrating.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Page 2 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS