Any plans for a reverse interlinear translation of Septuagint?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 19 2012 11:08 PM

It is very helpful having English translations of the Septuagint, such as Lexham English Septuagint and Brenton's Septuagint Version of the Old Testament. But these would be even more useful if they were reverse interlinears. Then one could turn use sympathetic highlighting while displaying a Septuagint in Greek (e.g Septuagint with Logos Morphology) and highlight the Greek to see a good idiomatic English translation. Not my top wish for Logos, but just a suggestion to make these fine resources more useful.

Posts 19699
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 11:15 PM

There is the Greek interlinear Septuagint with Logos Morphology which is a reverse interlinear with Hebrew.

But I know that's not what you were asking. I agree, it would be helpful to have an English reverse interlinear Septuagint, with the Greek text as the MSS line.

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 23 2012 11:40 PM

Rosie Perera:
There is the Greek interlinear Septuagint with Logos Morphology which is a reverse interlinear with Hebrew.

Yes and this is an awesome feature, which I find quite useful.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2012 9:34 PM

Harry Hahne:

Rosie Perera:

Yes and this is an awesome feature, which I find quite useful.

The Septuagint with Logos Morphology has both Logos Greek Morphology and Logos Hebrew Morphology tagging.

+1 Yes for an English Septuagint with Logos Greek Morphology tagging.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS