Ante-Nicene Fathers: File Missing...or Mis-named?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5423
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 7 2013 10:58 PM

Encountered this anomaly just now...

In both my L3 Library...

...and my L5 Library...

...the Ante-Nicene Fathers seem to be missing Volume 9. However, I noticed that the book info tells a different story...

While the Book Name is listed as Volume 10, the Short Title and the Bibliography Info both say that this IS in fact the missing Volume 9.

Which means that this resource has been mis-named since the L3 days. Hmm

This isn't a huge deal...but it certainly would be nice if Logos could rectify this issue. Idea

Oh, btw...also noticed that in L5, there seems to be a change in the author info. Odd... Huh?

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 25202
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 7 2013 11:22 PM

Hi David

I don't see this - screenshot below shows my L5 naming info

As you can see, the title information is of a different format as well.

Is it possible you have edited the names yourself?

Graham

Posts 5423
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 12:28 AM

Graham Criddle:

Is it possible you have edited the names yourself?

Graham

Yes, Graham. I did edit the names--I added an AF> prefix so that they would group with the Nicene & post-Nicene fathers along with other Apostolic Fathers titles in my Library (such as Rick's, Lake's, and Lightfoot's). But that wouldn't affect what I have in my L3 Library. The L3 Library does not allow user editing of the libray as far as I know, and as I don't see why I would have edited the Roman numeral volume numbers, I assume that what I have in L5 is just a hold-over of what I have in L3.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

Posts 33430
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 12:42 AM

Isn't this one of the cases where v 9 is an index? I gave away my hard-copy so I'd have to go to the web to verify.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25202
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 12:43 AM

Hi David

Interesting - I don't have L3 running to look at that.

I also note that the titles themselves are different (comparing yours and mine) in that yours have "volume nn" in the title and mine don't.

Might signify that they came from different versions or packages (I believe I got mine in an L4 package purchase)

Graham 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 4:20 AM

David Paul:

This isn't a huge deal...but it certainly would be nice if Logos could rectify this issue. Idea

On 24 Jan 2012 Logos posted => Major Update to Early Church Fathers

Noticed Logos 5 Titles have "AF>" prefix, which is a bit different:

Note: personally have Libronix DLS resources anf10.lbxlls and anfrc10.lbsllx with file update dates of 20 Jan 2012.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5423
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:32 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Note: personally have Libronix DLS resources anf10.lbxlls and anfrc10.lbsllx with file update dates of 20 Jan 2012.

Ok...that link explains the numbering issue. Thanks. I'm still puzzled why your L3 shows XI when mine still shows X. That is the part I don't get. Apparently, my L5 is following the lead of my L3, while others like you and presumably Graham have the newer numbering. Is there some updating process I need to go through? Because I wonder if I am currently missing all of the changes & improvements that are listed in the linked thread?

The L3 ftp site shows the files listed as...

...(which are what you say you have too) so I am curious as to how your Libronix file shows IX instead of X? (I don't have the Catholic version.}

I would like to hear from someone at Logos who could explain this.

On a different note...how did you get the blue in L3?

Posts 489
LogosEmployee
Louis St. Hilaire | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 10:00 AM

David,

Just to be sure, have you confirmed that you download the updated build of ANF10.lbxlls from last January? (Check the date on the file in your resources folder or check the version number in Libronix via Help > About this Resource.)

Resource updating in Libronix is not as automatic as in Logos. If I recall correctly, you have to either download the files directly from the FTP or periodically run the old resource auto update script, which is listed on this wiki page.

Posts 5423
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 10:39 AM

Louis,

Thanks. Yes, my files were not updated (although I have run the update a couple of times just recently)...

I downloaded the files from the L3 ftp page, and...

Now I have a Volume IX instead of a Volume X. Thanks!! Yes

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS