BUG: Forum editor software innapropriately strips internal forum links.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 11 2009 6:33 AM

I've noticed more than once in these forums that If I copy an address with the proper format for a hyperlink, and then paste it into the editor that internal forum links are innapropriately stripped and the links do not work.

Example:  Linking to the 12 Days of Logos Christmas Special <http://community.logos.com/forums/t/6669.aspx> thread results in code that actually looks like this:

<a href="http://community.logos.com/forums/t/6669.aspx">12 Days of Logos Christmas Special</a>

But notice if I paste it into the editor thus:  12 Days of Logos Christmas Special

That the link is inappropriately stripped to something like <a href="/forums/t/6669.aspx">12 Days of Logos Christmas Special</a>

Or even stripped to:

<a href="/t/6669.aspx">12 Days of Logos Christmas Special</a>

The result of all is this that the links often don't work, and I have to edit my posts to fix them.

I've seen this craziness for a long time - it's time to point it out.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2009 9:14 AM

Thomas Black:
internal forum links are innapropriately stripped
I am not a fan of inappropriate stripping, but appropriate stripping is another thing entirely.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 19308
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 12:42 AM

Thomas Black:

I've noticed more than once in these forums that If I copy an address with the proper format for a hyperlink, and then paste it into the editor that internal forum links are innapropriately stripped and the links do not work.

I can confirm that this happens for me, too. I'd never noticed it before, and I have linked to internal pages on the forum. I guess I haven't been testing my links.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 9:28 AM

*bump*

Can we puhlease do something about the way this forum software keeps stripping internal links?  I wouldn't care if they worked, but they dont' work at all, and I end up with some variance of a dead link or a <a>link</a> with no href="" at all.

*frustrated

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 10:58 AM

Don't know if this would help, but I usually just make use of the forum tool if I want to convert text to a link instead of just posting the hyperlink. So, for example, I use that method to make this link to Logos. Annoying, but it works.

This will open the following popup:

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 11:31 AM

Indeed Chris, I have used the same function, Try doing that with links to other forum posts though - at random intervals the URL get's stripped as posted initially.

Let's just see what happens when I post a link to the first post, or when I paste it: BUG: Forum editor software innapropriately strips internal forum links.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS