Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5
Stephen Schamber | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 26 2013 5:06 PM

With the most recent versions of Proclaim (last week and this week) I have had a problem using my PowerPoint style clicker.

We use two different Windows computers-- one runs XP, the other Win7; the problem occurs on both.

After going live with a presentation, if the keyboard or mouse is used to change slides, the PowerPoint clicker (a Logitech model) no longer functions. Pressing forward and back seems to have switched into a "down-screen" mode cycles up and down several slides in the left-hand column of the main proclaim window, but no longer changes a slide. In other words, once the computer is used to advance the slide, the clicker is worthless.

Interestingly this does not happen if changing slides with the Android app; everything still functions normally.

I'm attaching two log files dated today. I get no error messages and this does not cause a crash of the program or system.

Steve

4075.ProclaimError.log

7317.Proclaim.log

Posts 178
Travis Perna | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 10:16 AM

Can you tell me the exact model of your clicker?

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 10:48 AM

There was a regression in the version from last week which could have caused this behavior. We shipped an update on Tuesday, I'm interested to know if you can still reproduce the issue on the latest version.

Posts 5
Stephen Schamber | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 28 2013 3:51 AM

The clicker is a Logitech R800.

As for the regression, yes, I have had the problem since last week. This week's version downloaded for me on Wednesday morning and it happened again. I just restarted Proclaim and tried it again with the same result.

Posts 5
Stephen Schamber | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2013 9:10 AM

I just returned from vacation, so I downloaded the most recent version of Proclaim to see whether this had been corrected. In short, no. The same problems continue to exist.

Have you been able to duplicate this at Logos?

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2013 9:22 AM

We just tested a Targus clicker that sends the PageUp/PageDown keys for slide advancement. The code has been modified to support this behavior and will ship with the next version.

I may have a potential workaround for you then. After going on air use the mouse to select (click on) either the preview slide or the full screen presentation window. This will change the focus of the app to those elements. Then try using your clicker.

I believe the issue users are experiencing is related to the Timeline being focused and handling the keys sent from the clicker.

Thanks for your patience while we get this issue resolved.

Posts 178
Travis Perna | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2013 4:50 PM

We just shipped an update the will allow your clicker to work. Be sure to update to the latest version and you will be good to go!

Posts 5
Stephen Schamber | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2013 5:56 PM

So all I had to do was wait until later in the day?? Just tried the newest version and all is golden! Thanks, guys! Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS