Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
Scott | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 18 2013 7:01 AM

When I click to advance on the keyboard and the icon arrow in Preview mode, there is a sort of hiccup, that displays the last slide again before advancing. It looks like a flash on the screen. It's almost like it has to re-advace to the current slide, before going to the next one.

I tried restarting proclaim, after that it seems to work fine, but about mid-way through it "spazes" out again.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 8:19 AM

Scott:
I tried restarting proclaim, after that it seems to work fine, but about mid-way through it "spazes" out again

What type of transition effect are you using in your presentation?

Are you on Mac or Windows?

Posts 8
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 8:31 AM

I am currently using the fade effect to transition.

I am using the latest operating system, running Mac OSX.

Also, after our second service, I noticed that the problem would start either on the keyboard, or mouse, and then I would switch to the opposite one, and the problem would stop momentarily. Then continue again. I found my self switching the way in which I advanced about 10 times during the service.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2013 2:09 PM

We have had some similar reports that we are unable to reproduce in house. We have made some changes which we hope will improve the rendering performance. These changes will ship with the next major update.

Posts 8
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2013 4:00 AM

Thank you SO much for working on this ASAP! I really appreciate it!

Posts 53
Stephanie Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2013 8:04 PM

I'm someone who has been following this problem whenever I see someone post it.  We are having the same problem with our iMac and MacBook Pro

It's inconsistent and hard to diagnose..but it is definitely "jittery" and distracting on the fade transition.  I've generally just taken off transitions, which is better, but I would love to be able to use "fade" on a regular basis.

I also saw someone else, who is having the problem, and he wrote this: (not sure if it's the solution or not but I wanted to throw it out there to others):

"my imac has 20gb of ram with a 2g video card. EVEN at superior specs i noticed the jitter or redraw after about 20 mins.  When looking deeper as a geek i discovered this application runs on the Chromium (google) engine.  That tells me it is browser based. This is very different than ProPresenter4 that is a standalone application that has configurable prefs to the graphics card.

If you notice when you try to look at preferences in proclaim it is greyed out. There is no real config you can change to give it more resources.  This is the exact reason it works better on windoze. Apple doesnt allow access to trick the gpu drivers. 

After discussing my issues of professional AND consistent worship experience, we are going to stay for a bit longer ; as it is first generation cloud based service.

In its essence Proclaim is a web browser. Thus the same way you might have issues just surfing around and collecting cache files and bloating your memory pool-I have a STRONG suspicion that is what is happening"

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS