Suggestion: Proclaim Beta -- Tooltips for Video Thumbnails

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 16 2014 4:18 AM

I have a suggestion that would save me a ton of time each week.  In the media chooser many of my videos start with black screens so you can never tell what video it is without clicking on it or doing a search (hope I remember that exact file name) and I've had trouble in the past choosing the right video if I couldn't remember the exact file name I used when uploading the video.  Would it be possible to put a tooltip popup when I hover over a video that gave the name of the file and when it was uploaded?  I think that would help greatly in choosing the right video and cutting down on multiple uploads. -- Just a thought

Posts 5993
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 17 2014 12:43 AM

Josh Edwards:
 Would it be possible to put a tooltip popup when I hover over a video that gave the name of the file and when it was uploaded?  I think that would help greatly in choosing the right video and cutting down on multiple uploads. -- Just a thought

Great idea Josh. 

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 8:11 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. Another option is to use the scrubber at upload time and override the thumbnail used to a non blank frame.

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 8:48 AM

I totally didn't know you could do that Scott!  Thanks for the feedback.  I will definitely start using that more.

Posts 2
Garry Hetherington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 4 2014 10:24 PM

Has this feature been removed? When I now try and use the scrubber on upload there is no thumbnail. 

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 8 2014 9:36 AM

The thumbnail still shows up for me when uploading a video. Does this happen with all types of video files or only certain extensions? Which platform does this happen on, Mac or Windows?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS