NOW AVAILABLE: Reformed Base Packages!

Page 1 of 6 (103 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 102 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 13 2014 11:14 AM

Now available for purchase and immediate download—a new track of Logos 5 Base Packages, designed specifically for our Reformed users!

You can see the whole lineup HERE (or simply visit: logos.com/reformed).

Some friends in Reformed blogdom are already mentioning these new resources, including Carl TruemanJ. V. Fesko, and White Horse Inn.

Here are links to the individual product pages, which list the resources included in each one (comparison charts are on the way at a future date):

The price points are the same as the same-named Base Packages in our standard Logos track. For the next two months, these will be available at 15% OFF by using coupon code REFORMEDBP at checkout. Dynamic pricing also applies, for anyone who already owns some of the resources included in a particular base package.

There are a few resources that are still in production and not yet complete (marked with an * on the product page), while Geerhardus Vos' Reformed Dogmatics (5 vols.) will download one volume at a time as each translation is completed—same as if you own that resource outside of the Reformed Platinum base package.

If you currently have some of the unreleased products on pre-order or have bid on them using Community Pricing, check to see if upgrading to one of these Base Package levels would give you either a better overall deal, or if you can snag additional resources for a minimal upgrade cost.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 9239
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 11:30 AM

Thanks for the summary post.

Gabe Martini:
If you currently have some of the unreleased products on pre-order or have bid on them using Community Pricing, check to see if upgrading to one of these Base Package levels would give you either a better overall deal, or if you can snag additional resources for a minimal upgrade cost.

Is there a simple way to tell where the overlap might be without having to check each volume?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 11:47 AM

Bruce Dunning:
Is there a simple way to tell where the overlap might be without having to check each volume?
I was thinking the same thing.  It would also be nice if there was a page that listed 'new to me' like the standard packages.

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 11:51 AM

tom:

Bruce Dunning:
I was thinking the same thing.  It would also be nice if there was a page that listed 'new to me' like the standard packages.

My understanding is that the comparison charts, when launched, will display "New to Me" as well as "New to Reformed Base Packages."

Faithlife

Posts 9239
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:03 PM

Gabe Martini:
My understanding is that the comparison charts, when launched, will display "New to Me" as well as "New to Reformed Base Packages."

That will be great. I also contacted Customer Service today and they emailed me my list but it would be easier to see it on the website.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1011
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:20 PM

Gabe Martini:

There are a few resources that are still in production and not yet complete (marked with an * on the product page), while Geerhardus Vos' Reformed Dogmatics (5 vols.) will download one volume at a time as each translation is completed—same as if you own that resource outside of the Reformed Platinum base package.

the list of prepubs included is incomplete as it does not include J. N. D. Kelly’s Early Christian Doctrines and Creeds which should also be marked with a *

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:29 PM

Gabe Martini:

When can we expect to see this?

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 71
Christian Locatell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:41 PM

Jonathan Sine:

Gabe Martini:

When can we expect to see this?

I'm pushing to get them up as soon as I can. For now, the best solution is to just call and we will immediately email you the list of everything new to your library. Call-outs are being added to the pages for this.

Posts 484
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:51 PM

Great cant wait for the comparison list. 

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 1:10 PM

Gabe Martini:

So, if we have sets like Vos and Hodge "Under Contract" ($209.95 in my case), do I simply pay the dynamic price for the platinum package and cancel these prepubs and community pricing sets that I have "Under Contract"?

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 1:20 PM

If you purchase the Reformed Platinum package, make sure you cancel any orders you have in Prepub or CP for the following products:

Matthew Poole's Commentary on the Holy Bible (3 vols.) - $74.95 on pre-pub ($89.95 regular)
Classic Studies on the Scottish Church History (11 vols.) - $40.00 on community pricing ($174.95 regular)
Classic Studies on John Knox (15 vols.) - $35.00 on community pricing ($164.95 regular)
Select Works of Geerhardus Vos (14 vols.) - $129.95 on pre-order ($159.95 regular)
The Works of Charles Hodge (29 vos.) - $149.95 on pre-order ($299.95 regular)
Reformed Dogmatics (5 vols.) (Vos) - $69.95 on pre-order ($89.95 regular)

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 1:21 PM

I'll re-ask my question here.  I think it got lost in the other thread:

Why does the Exegetical Summaries Series only contain 24 volumes in the Reformed packages, when there are currently 27 volumes available?  Is this an error?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 1:35 PM

Mike Pettit:

the list of prepubs included is incomplete as it does not include J. N. D. Kelly’s Early Christian Doctrines and Creeds which should also be marked with a *

That is already complete and downloads with the Base Package. Those who pre-ordered will have the option to cancel their pre-orders and get one of the Base Packages instead, or keep their existing pre-order if they're not interested in one of the new Base Packages.

The titles marked with an * are those which do not download today.

Faithlife

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 1:39 PM

Todd Phillips:

I'll re-ask my question here.  I think it got lost in the other thread:

Why does the Exegetical Summaries Series only contain 24 volumes in the Reformed packages, when there are currently 27 volumes available?  Is this an error?

Thanks, we're checking on this, and will make sure everything pushes out to Base Package owners. There have been some products (like commentary sets) reconfigured to include additional items since we began this project, and it's likely some were missed.

Faithlife

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 1:40 PM

Bill Anderson:

Gabe Martini:

So, if we have sets like Vos and Hodge "Under Contract" ($209.95 in my case), do I simply pay the dynamic price for the platinum package and cancel these prepubs and community pricing sets that I have "Under Contract"?

The best course of action is to cancel your two pre-orders, and then buy the Reformed Platinum once those are cancelled and confirmed as such.

Faithlife

Posts 9239
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 2:04 PM

Gabe Martini:
The price points are the same as the same-named Base Packages in our standard Logos track. For the next two months, these will be available at 15% OFF by using coupon code REFORMEDBP at checkout. Dynamic pricing also applies, for anyone who already owns some of the resources included in a particular base package.

When I contacted Customer Service I thought that the 15% discount would be on top of dynamic pricing. To me it also sounded from what you said here that it was on top. I was just told it was not which is disappointing.

Posts 2575
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 2:11 PM

Gabe Martini:
 [[March 13, 2014]]

Now available for purchase and immediate download—a new track of Logos 5 Base Packages, designed specifically for our Reformed users!

The first post on this section of the forum [Reformed Products] was "Gabe Martini | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri Jun 7, 2013 2:35 PM"

[[When are the others going to catch up?]]

Also:

Gabe Martini:

"For the next two months, these will be available at 15% OFF by using coupon code REFORMEDBP at checkout."

Does the clock start now or when they get the "New to You" up and running?

Posts 710
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 2:12 PM

If you use the coupon code, it should deduct the 15% (even after dynamic pricing). It does for me. I have gotten conflicting information from Customer Service on this.

Posts 9239
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 2:22 PM

JH:

If you use the coupon code, it should deduct the 15% (even after dynamic pricing). It does for me. I have gotten conflicting information from Customer Service on this.

Mine says the same but my Customer Service rep says otherwise after I asked him the specific question. Either he is wrong or the website is wrong.

Posts 9239
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 2:33 PM

Bruce Dunning:

JH:

Mine says the same but my Customer Service rep says otherwise after I asked him the specific question. Either he is wrong or the website is wrong.

Update: My rep just got back to me and said that he was mistaken. Originally he said that the 15% only applied to new people. I'm glad things are clear now.

Page 1 of 6 (103 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS