Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 7 2014 1:14 AM

There's another thread recommending him in the generic Suggestions forum, but I have a feeling this will get more attention here:

William Perkins (1558–1602) was an influential Puritan theologian. "Perkins was a prolific author who penned over forty works, many of which were published posthumously. In addition to writing, he also served as a fellow at Christ's College and as a lecturer at St Andrew's Church in Cambridge. He was a firm proponent of Reformed theology, particularly the supralapsarian theology of Theodore Beza and John Calvin. In addition, he was a staunch defender of Protestant ideals, specifically the five solae with a particular emphasis on solus Christus and sola Scriptura." (Wikipedia)

Many of his works are available in Kindle format. These at the very least should be made available in a William Perkins bundle in CP.

Posts 13114
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 3:37 AM

It's very odd we don't even have The Art of Prophesying. But the edited version is much easier to read than the original.

Posts 1043
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 5:48 AM

I was just looking up some of his works last night and was shocked to find that he's not available in Logos! I was particularly interested in his book called "A golden chaine".

As I went to bed last night, one of my todos was going to be to come here an suggest William Perkins! So, thank you Rosie, for beating me to the punch. 

Yes

You can read more about Perkins in your Logos library with some of Beeke's books: A Puritan Theology, Meet the Puritans (in this Beeke bundle).

Posts 146
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 9:27 AM

Rosie Perera:

There's another thread recommending him in the generic Suggestions forum, but I have a feeling this will get more attention here:

William Perkins (1558–1602) was an influential Puritan theologian. "Perkins was a prolific author who penned over forty works, many of which were published posthumously. In addition to writing, he also served as a fellow at Christ's College and as a lecturer at St Andrew's Church in Cambridge. He was a firm proponent of Reformed theology, particularly the supralapsarian theology of Theodore Beza and John Calvin. In addition, he was a staunch defender of Protestant ideals, specifically the five solae with a particular emphasis on solus Christus and sola Scriptura." (Wikipedia)

Many of his works are available in Kindle format. These at the very least should be made available in a William Perkins bundle in CP.

There already is a post in this group similar to the one in Suggestions. I actually posted it here first. The request is to get Logos versions of the new Reformation Heritage edition of Perkins' works as they are released one volume at a time. Volume 1 is set to be released on 12/31/2014, and is about 900pg. There are supposed to be 10 volumes when complete. All compiled and retypeset in modern English by Joel Beeke and a partner.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS