While waiting for Blackwell Bible Commentaries and/or The Apocrypha: The Lutheran Edition with Notes

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 30147
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 16 2015 5:52 PM

If you want Blackwell Bible Commentaries or The Apocrypha: The Lutheran Edition with Notes by Edward A. Engelbrecht or have an interest in some understanding of the "apocrypha" i.e. are Orthodox, Catholic, Anglican, Lutheran or Protestant there is a "single volume" well 2 volume commentary available that needs your purchase:Fortress Commentary on the Bible (2 vols.).  There is a sample PDF from Ruth to give you a real sense of what it offers see https://community.logos.com/forums/p/56413/686200.aspx#686200.

The format includes the perspective of socio-historical criticism, reception history, contemporary considerations ...

Please give serious consideration for adding this resource to your collection ... we have so few resources that cover either the apocrypha or reception history.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 6:03 PM

MJ. Smith:

If you want Blackwell Bible Commentaries or The Apocrypha: The Lutheran Edition with Notes by Edward A. Engelbrecht or have an interest in some understanding of the "apocrypha" i.e. are Orthodox, Catholic, Anglican, Lutheran or Protestant there is a "single volume" well 2 volume commentary available that needs your purchase:Fortress Commentary on the Bible (2 vols.).  There is a sample PDF from Ruth to give you a real sense of what it offers see https://community.logos.com/forums/p/56413/686200.aspx#686200.

The format includes the perspective of socio-historical criticism, reception history, contemporary considerations ...

Please give serious consideration for adding this resource to your collection ... we have so few resources that cover either the apocrypha or reception history.

Added as a pre-pub...  That looks excellent.  Would welcome more literature on the Apocrypha.  I've never been entirely convinced by Protestant attempts to declare that it's non-canonical.  Also, I'd very much welcome Blackwell Bible Commentaries.  I searched, but couldn't find them at pre-pub stage yet.

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 17 2015 8:54 AM

Hey thanks for mentioning those resources MJ. God Bless you always forever!

James

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS