BUG: Proclaim locks up while transitioning from Video

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1
Conner Settle | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 19 2015 6:23 PM

After the last update was installed on my system, Proclaim locks up when trying to move from a video to another service element (Song, content, etc.).  The video will play to completion.  This happens after playing a video during all 4 sections of the presentation.  I have already removed and reloaded Proclaim, with no effect.  It will also lock up when trying to move from a video to another part of the presentation if you move in the middle of the video.

I am running OS X 10.8.5, on an early 2009 mac pro.

Please help ASAP.

Log Attached

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 20 2015 10:48 AM

Followed up offline

Posts 4
Jason Elwart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 3:01 PM

I have the same exact problem. I'm running OSX X 10.8.5, on a Mac Mini.

Help!

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 3:22 PM

We have a fix ready to go and will ship Thursday morning

Posts 2
Melissa Andrews | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 4:14 PM

Would we have gotten this fix automtically if we applied the latest Proclaim updates?  We had horrific problems with Proclaim during our service this Saturday.  We were unable to play any of the videos that we had in the system - they were all relatively small.  When you clicked on any of the videos, Proclaim would hang.  This also happened when we tried to run PollEverywhere polls (added to the presentation as web pages).  We had to exit out from the program (by killing it with Task Manager) and go back in.  There was one occasion when it wouldn't restart and we had to bounce the computer.

Are there any known issues with running Proclaim over a wireless network?  Is it affected by bandwidth issues?  The computer we run on uses our church's public wifi network - I'm wondering if having hundred of other users on the network causes problems?  We tested all of the videos on Friday night (when there was no on in church) and they played fine.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

-melissa

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 8:44 AM

The code fix for the original poster was unique to Mac OSX 10.8, it was shipped on Jan 22 with 1.26.0.0528

Based on your reference to TaskManager, I am thinking you are on Windows. If you have not restarted Proclaim, please grab your logs and create a new post in the forum, as it will be easier to track your issue. 

How to submit log files: http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203763785-How-do-I-submit-log-files-

In addition, please make sure all your video drivers are up to date as that has been known to cause problems on Windows computers.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS