how long do you study,

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4779
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 8:59 AM

Depending on the vagaries of life, I spend about 6-14 hours in Logos per day...8-10 is about standard, I guess.  I'm writing a book, so it gives me an excuse to do what I enjoy most...be in the Word.

As far as "collections" go, I'm still using L3 99+% of the time...Notes (or lack thereof), slowness (on a system with a 5.1 Windows rating), and a host of other issues keep me from making the switch.  Not sure if I ever will migrate...for my usage, L4 is a more powerful but still inferior option.  I'm just thankful I can use my Portfolio in L3 (or most of it, at least...some of my resources are greyed out--what's up with that?) .

Posts 434
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 9:21 AM

I actually am still a bit of  luddite when it comes to Bible study. It's just me, my paper bible, colouring pencils and Kay Arthur's studies every morning (anywhere from 15-60 minutes), and OneNote for note-taking. I realize I could use L4 with inductive study keywords but I've come up with my own system over the years...

Actually, there's a question for everyone: can the inductive study symbols included in L4 be added to/modified? That might make a difference for me.

What I do jump into L4 for during bible study is anytime I need to find something *quick*: a quick background lookup of the Baals this morning, for example, (I don't use a study Bible so it's minimal with info)  or a "go look up the following verses"

There's no better tool for that kind of stuff, in my opinion.

Posts 2932
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 10:45 AM

Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell:

Actually, there's a question for everyone: can the inductive study symbols included in L4 be added to/modified? That might make a difference for me.

They can in L3. And currently in L4 beta they can as well (and also import your L3 markups). So if you are unwilling to beta test a potentially unstable release, you should be able to modify/add to highlights very soon.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS