Lexham English Bible in print

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 9
Lukas Graham | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 31 2016 12:43 PM
Hello LEB publishers, On your website you mention, "We’re working on a print edition, which we will be announcing more about soon". I realize that this statement has been up for a while now. I guess that means you are still working on this project. I would like to know if you could give me a possible time frame for the completion of this project. Is it more like a few months, 1 year, 5 years or even 10+ years. Thanks for your time.
Posts 1501
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2016 4:58 PM

Lukas Graham:
Hello LEB publishers, On your website you mention, "We’re working on a print edition, which we will be announcing more about soon". I realize that this statement has been up for a while now. I guess that means you are still working on this project. I would like to know if you could give me a possible time frame for the completion of this project. Is it more like a few months, 1 year, 5 years or even 10+ years. Thanks for your time.

I would like to know this too.

Posts 80
LogosEmployee
Jake Mailhot | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2016 5:11 PM

We've had some internal discussions about bringing the LEB into print but there haven't been any firm decisions yet. It's still on the table for the future but there's nothing planned on the immediate horizon.

Posts 4
Michael Hart | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 29 2016 6:36 PM

I'd like to create a PDF of the New Testament and print it on demand.  Since this would involve a financial transaction with a printing service, it technically violates the license you grant, and I'm uncomfortable doing it without special permission.  Who can grant that permission? Is there any chance you would grant or allow Print On Demand?

(I'd really like to print the whole bible this way, but I've printed both NT and whole Bibles Print on Demand.  the NT's are usable.. the Bibles aren't really usable... either too heavy or tiny text.) 

Posts 55
LogosEmployee
Jesse Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2016 10:34 AM

Hi Michael, 

This website explains the terms of the license:

http://lexhamenglishbible.com/license/

In short, yes you can print it for your own use, but you can't offer it for sale. So if you're paying someone to print it for you, that would not violate the terms, but if you were to upload the text to a POD provider and sell it that would violate the terms.  

Michael Hart:

I'd like to create a PDF of the New Testament and print it on demand.  Since this would involve a financial transaction with a printing service, it technically violates the license you grant, and I'm uncomfortable doing it without special permission.  Who can grant that permission? Is there any chance you would grant or allow Print On Demand?

(I'd really like to print the whole bible this way, but I've printed both NT and whole Bibles Print on Demand.  the NT's are usable.. the Bibles aren't really usable... either too heavy or tiny text.) 

Posts 1
Eugene Ivanov | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 24 2017 10:02 PM

Any new developments regarding a print edition of LEB? Will it be published in a foreseeable future?

Thanks. 

Posts 4
Michael Hart | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 11:29 AM

After the recent question about the Lexham appearing in print, and the other less recent pointer to the license, this application of the license came up, and I can't see any legal reason it wouldn't apply, but I thought I'd ask:

IF a non-profit offered a 2 volume set for sale, one volume a Lexham Bible or NT, and the other a KJV NT or Bible, would that satisfy the 50% commercial sale requirement? Of course the other parts of the license would be supported (such as the reporting of distributions)... 

More specifically, the Lexham has many notes, and the specific word count might be slightly different than the KJV edition.  I posit that the spirit of the license is to count chapters and verses, not words. Is that a correct reading? 

The specific product may look something similar to this: 

https://www.amazon.com/KJV-1611-Bible-NKJV-Commemorative/dp/B006QS2A62

I don't have any specific non-profit in mind, Just wondering if this is ethical treatment of the licensing offered, or skirting the rules?  

Posts 2
Joshua Andrew Jourdain | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 27 2018 12:19 AM

Please, please, please, print the LEB! our church uses it as our bible (so many reasons). while we are a very young church, there are a some among us who are older and psychologically conditioned to learn and focus via touching and reading on printed paper Smile

What kind of interest would it take to generate a decision to move forward? a petition or some kind of verifiable demonstration of large-scale interest?

Posts 8084
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 18 2018 10:05 PM

There are currently no plans for a print edition; see the latest update here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/169270/979262.aspx#979262 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS