Proclaim and Logos suddenly not opening on Mac

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 38
Tim Bader | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 1 2016 1:53 AM

Hi,

All other apps are fine, but suddenly Proclaim and Logos (6) will not open at all.

The icon bounces briefly in the dock, but nothing happens: no window or dialog opens, it just disappears from the dock again.

I'm on Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.6

I've tried reboots and reinstalling the apps, but no joy.

Any ideas?

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2016 6:20 AM

Please post your log files to this thread. 

http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203763785-How-do-I-submit-log-files-

You'll need to follow the Manually finding log files on Mac instructions. 

Posts 38
Tim Bader | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2016 5:23 AM

Apologies for the late reply, I got caught up some things but hope to post the log files in the next day or two.

Thanks

Posts 38
Tim Bader | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 8 2016 3:12 AM

Apologies again for the delay.

Please find attached the log files for Proclaim.

Thanks,

Tim

8666.Proclaim log files.zip

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 8 2016 7:54 AM

Tim, it's not clear from the logs why Proclaim is failing to start but it looks like the last time it ran successfully for you was back in March. Have you tried deleting Proclaim from your Applications folder and reinstalling from https://proclaimonline.com/download?

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 8 2016 8:08 AM

Tim-

I don't see anything in the logs to tell me why Proclaim is not starting, but I do see that you are on an old version of Proclaim, so old I don't know how it has not required an update.

Please download and install the latest version from https://proclaimonline.com/download

If it still does not start, grab the logs and post again.

Thanks

Glenn

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 8 2016 10:52 AM

Tim Bader:
I've tried reboots and reinstalling the apps, but no joy.

Rereading the OP and it looks like you've already tried reinstalling... I need to consult further with the Mac team, will follow up on Monday. 

Posts 676
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 8 2016 3:29 PM
Sorry, now the third person chiming in... but if you could go here ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports and see if there are any Proclaim crash reports from Apple, those may tell us why the app is crashing on startup. You can zip them up and attach them here. Thanks, sorry for the inconvenience

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 38
Tim Bader | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2016 6:53 AM

Hi,

Logos support got on the phone to me and ran a remote desktop session.

They then got back to me after a couple of weeks saying that they have no idea why Logos and Proclaim won't start.

Their senior Mac developer noted that people on this forum were having similar issues, but I can't see those posts.

They suggested I talk to Apple support, but I no longer have technical support from them.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing multiple times, and also checked permissions again and again, but to no avail.

I am therefore stuck with 2 apps that used to work, but now don't.

I don't even get as far as the login screens: the app icon bounces a few times and then just shuts down: nothing else happens.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Posts 676
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2016 9:17 AM

Hi Tim, sorry to hear that this is not resolved yet. I was there when we remoted into your machine. I’m going to follow up with you via email 

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 38
Tim Bader | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 5:54 AM

Hi,

Still not resolved I'm afraid.

I sent you and Peter another email about this issue, following a long session with Apple support at the weekend.

Would appreciate a follow up on that.

Blessings,

Tim

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 1:03 PM

Followed up via email.

Posts 3
James Louis Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 17 2017 9:05 AM

I had the same issue, I tried downloading it to the desktop instead of to the applications; for whatever reason that seemed to work!

hopefully this will help you as well! 

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS