Vyrso unreleased Pre-Pub books - that were supposed to be released (sometimes months ago) ????

Page 2 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 81 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 28129
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2016 6:40 PM

Jan Krohn:
Why wouldn't that be a legitimate question to ask?

When they are publisher offers, it is absolutely a legitimate question to ask in the Vyrso forum! A number of years ago I used to spend quite a bit of time sending emails to a former employee who was extremely responsive. When someone in the forum asked about a book, I would investigate and let him know, and often within a couple hours the offer was extended to Vyrso. When he left, another employee came along and told me that she didn't have time for emails, so I stopped. It seems like there has been much turnover in more recent times, but FL has made it known that Vyrso is really only a hobby and a "service" to us. Despite the diminishing service (which is quite disappointing), I am still very appreciative that we are able to have books in our Logos library which we would not have otherwise. As I keep saying, it isn't a matter of "can you kill Vyrso so all these books will be in Logos?" It is a matter of killing off Vyrso and no longer having these titles available

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 28129
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2016 6:46 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
Some other people on these forums should not be in the roles they are because they don't know how to deal with people.

I have never attacked you DOC, but you have attacked me on numerous occasions. Where you continue to have difficulties is in interacting with others of differing opinions. You disagree with me. Fine, but I am going to tell you what I think. Stop making it personal. 

Posts 1043
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2016 8:30 PM

The original post was asking why Vyrso hasn't released books that have been on prepub. It's a fact that the profit is in new release books not free or 99 cent books so if Vyrso is to survive and turn a (greater) profit Faithlife needs to make sure that books are available asap.

Vyrso began with much fanfare - I think they promised to have 50,000 books available in short order. However, that didn't happen and I think part of the problem is that publishers are doing the work of ensuring their books look as good as possible in Kindle but aren't really interested in improving the quality of the files they send to FL.

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2016 8:30 PM

Exactly right Jan Krohn

They are not complaints. They are requests. Oh, and by the way, we should not even have to request those things, it should automatically happen. 

VYRSO has really hit a downward spiral trend, and it keeps spiraling downward. No one seems to care anymore and you cannot even get a FAITHLIFE EMPLOYEE to even respond to anything anymore.

You get given excuse after excuse from people with "stars" under their names who act as if they are really "employees," and whom I don't even listen to anymore; because their answers are the same old excuses, and are not logical, and do not make sense at all.

I have been with FAITHLIFE since the Libronix System, and was really well-pleased with LOGOS and VYRSO, until this year; when I saw all the different changes starting to take place. Erin Land's leaving was a major loss to VYRSO. She was right on top of it! Any error or mistake that I encountered in a resource, she would have corrected within a matter of hours.

Bob Pritchett, I suggest you wake up and smell the coffee!

And alabama24, the word "BULLYING" wow! Never thought you were that kind of person to be accusing another brother of such things, when he was only trying to help. My eyes have been opened.

Just because you have a "star" under your name does not make you a FAITHLIFE EMPLOYEE. 

Thank Almighty God for people like Disciple of Christ (doc), and Jan Krohn.

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2016 8:37 PM

That is the question Tom Reynolds

Why aren't publishers interested in improving the quality of the files that they send to VYRSO?

There has to be a reason "Why."

Posts 28129
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2016 9:13 PM

Kenute P. Curry:

And alabama24, the word "BULLYING" wow! Never thought you were that kind of person to be accusing another brother of such things, when he was only trying to help. My eyes have been opened.

Please enlighten me. When did I accuse someone of "BULLYING"? If you read carefully, it was DOC who called me the bully. 

By the way: your response isn't very kind either. The forum MVP's may disagree with one another from time to time, but I can tell you that each has, at one time or another, spent massive amounts of time in the forums answering questions and helping others out. 

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2016 9:53 PM

I did misread the word alabama24

The word was "buying" and not "bullying." I stand corrected, and do apologize. 

Now as to my statement about the MVP's, I agree that they do help, but sometimes, some MVP's lash out at me in uncontrollable ways that I never thought they would. It seems that power goes to their head, and they feel that they can say anything they want. And I will say this again; and I am not saying it to be unkind:

JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A STAR UNDER YOUR NAME, DOES NOT MAKE YOU A FAITHLIFE EMPLOYEE.

Posts 28287
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2016 11:06 PM

Kenute P. Curry:
Just because you have a "star" under your name does not make you a FAITHLIFE EMPLOYEE. 

Take a day's worth of posts. Remove all posts about how Bob should run the company - leaving only those actually about software or resources. Remove all posts that have stars under the avatar. How useful would the forums be to users trying to find answers to their questions? You ready and willing to take up the slack?

Kenute P. Curry:
you cannot even get a FAITHLIFE EMPLOYEE to even respond to anything anymore.

The forums were founded for users to help users not for interacting with Faithlife employees although it has at times evolved in that direction depending upon staff availability.

Kenute P. Curry:
some MVP's lash out at me in uncontrollable ways that I never thought they would.

Evidence?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2016 12:27 AM

Thanks Jan, apologies for my part is misreading your comment.

Jan Krohn:

You can raise your eyebrows all you like at me

It wasn't meant for you. Sorry about the confusion.

Posts 28287
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2016 12:31 AM

Jan Krohn:
Keep posting links to those books here in the forum. There's always a remote chance that someone who can fix them sees the links and takes action...

Also take advantage of report typo which we know will be seen and direct to the correct department.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2016 2:50 AM

Deny it all you like you did attack me. And you even tried to delete some of what you wrote but I had already seen it. I have no issues with interacting with others who have different opinions. You are the one with the problem. You are the one who so rudely and out of turn told me to stop being a customer simply because I have pointed out how Faithlife is failing its customers and had one set of rules it applied to third party business relationships but think they do not need to live up to those expectations when it comes to them.

You have reacted to me this way on multiple ocassions. You have also done it to other customers. When people will not bend over to your will and say yes Sir you are so right and I am wrong you start with telling them they have no right to provide feedback on the forums. On this ocassion  you have taken it to an all time low and told me to stop purchasing from Fairhlife. Alabama who do you think you are that gives you the right to speak to a fellow customer in that way. You have no people skills and should not be an MVP if that is the way you speak to customers you can't persuade to your line of thinking. You are the one that made this personal no matter how much you tell yourself otherwise.

alabama24:

Some other people on these forums should not be in the roles they are because they don't know how to deal with people.

I have never attacked you DOC, but you have attacked me on numerous occasions. Where you continue to have difficulties is in interacting with others of differing opinions. You disagree with me. Fine, but I am going to tell you what I think. Stop making it personal. 

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2016 3:04 AM

Because you are a bully. Your attempt to delete what you said is evidence of that Alabama. You have no right to tell another customer to stop buying product from this company.

I do not deny the good work any MVP, or Faithlife employee for that matter,that does interact with customers on these forums But that does not give you the right to speak to me or any other customer like you have on this or other threads where you have lost and told people to stop giving feedback just because  you can't get people to fall into line with your view of the world.

alabama24:

Kenute P. Curry:

Please enlighten me. When did I accuse someone of "BULLYING"? If you read carefully, it was DOC who called me the bully. 

By the way: your response isn't very kind either. The forum MVP's may disagree with one another from time to time, but I can tell you that each has, at one time or another, spent massive amounts of time in the forums answering questions and helping others out. 

Posts 28129
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2016 4:28 AM

Deny it all you like you did attack me. And you even tried to delete some of what you wrote but I had already seen it.

1. None of what I wrote was an attack. Despite continued provocation from you, I am trying to continue talking about the issues. 
  2. Deciding that something I wrote was not helpful and deleting it is the sign of NOT being a bully. 
  3. I have never told you not to be a customer, but I did tell you to stop buying Vyrso books! On numerous occasions you have suggested that FL should shut down Vyrso. I don't agree and will continue to promote the benefit of the catalog. 
  4. The nature of Vyrso resources is known.  We know that some formatting issues will remain. We know that sometimes the auto hyperlink to scripture verses will go wonky. Bob has said this is what they will be like. 
  5. Sometimes legitimate issues arise. Bringing these to FL's attention is a good thing. I know that Knute has been a bulldog in finding typos (in Logos edition resources), missing sections, etc. His efforts in that have been appreciated by me and others. 
  6. The forums are primarily an outlet for USERS. "Official" answers typically come from other means. If you want an "official" answer, call or write an email. 

I do think much of what has transpired in this thread is a bit ironic/humorous. The original post here was about a delay in release. The OP asked for an explanation, which I provided (sometimes delays occur due to quality issues with the resource conversion). I am then attacked for making the "same ole same ole excuses, over and over, time and time again." Which is it? Should we be complaining about the "quality" of a resource, or the resource not being released on time because of quality issues? I am confused. 

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2016 5:58 AM

To get back to the original post, I would like to add the following two titles to the list which have been languishing in pre-pub for more than three months  Past the date they said it would be released. As of now it has been about a month since Vyrso has even decided to update the publication date:

https://vyrso.com/product/126785/designed-to-lead

The above title shows that I can add it to my cart, however, when I do it is removed. So, I'm not sure if it is live or not.

Guidelines for Leading Your Congregation 2017-2020 Small Group Ministries

This title doesn't even show up in Vyrso when I do a search anymore, yet it is still on my pre-pub list. What's up with that?

Posts 28129
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2016 6:24 AM

Michael McLane:
To get back to the original post, I would like to add the following two titles to the list which have been languishing in pre-pub for more than three months  Past the date they said it would be released.

I will contact FL and see if I can get a response. 

Posts 1158
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2016 8:33 AM

If someone has a Vyrso question, please feel free to contact me. I'll do my best to get to the root of what's happening. Contacting me via my faithlife page works well. Kenute has used this before and it worked well. I was able to respond to a forum thread that I hadn't seen.

I asked someone to look at the outstanding resource issues yesterday. I'll try to get status update today.

Posts 2484
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2016 9:16 AM

This is really awesome. Thank you Kyle.

Here's a list of the more severe resource issues that I've reported over the past year or so:

* Finding Your Child’s Way on the Autism Spectrum: Discovering Unique Strengths, Mastering Behavior Challenges mixed up images (for example image 5 is the same as image 3, but I suspect a lot more image inconsistencies)

* The Story of King Jesus about half the content is missing

* Bible Overview Title, cover and price of this book suggest that this is the Rose Bible Overview, however, the content that was delivered is the Bible Overview Pamphlet.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1158
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2016 10:32 AM

I have a couple of questions:

Jan Krohn:

* Finding Your Child’s Way on the Autism Spectrum: Discovering Unique Strengths, Mastering Behavior Challenges mixed up images (for example image 5 is the same as image 3, but I suspect a lot more image inconsistencies)

I'm not finding any images in this resource. Is this the right resource?

Jan Krohn:

* The Story of King Jesus about half the content is missing

Likewise, I'm not finding any obvious material missing. Could you point me to something specific? i.e. "after the part about ... you should see ... but it's not there."

Jan Krohn:

* Bible Overview Title, cover and price of this book suggest that this is the Rose Bible Overview, however, the content that was delivered is the Bible Overview Pamphlet.

I took a quick look at amazon for the Bible Overview Pamphlet and the Pamphlet appears to be a bunch of charts which the vyrso edition is not. https://www.amazon.com/Bible-Overview-pamphlet-Themes-Verses/dp/1890947717/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481739736&sr=8-2&keywords=rose+bible+overview

I did discover it looks like Rose did a major revision of the Bible Overview in around 2012. We're selling the 2005 edition. Since vyrso.com doesn't display publication dates that info isn't very helpful. I'm going to put in a request to see if vyrso.com can start displaying that info.

Posts 28129
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2016 11:18 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:
Since vyrso.com doesn't display publication dates that info isn't very helpful. I'm going to put in a request to see if vyrso.com can start displaying that info.

Yes Much needed. 

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2016 1:01 PM

Thank you alabama24 

For those kind words about being a "Bulldog" in typos. I really appreciate it. It's just that my eyes really catch a lot of mistakes and errors in LOGOS and VYRSO resources. I have already been through the HARDBACK COPIES, and that helps me a lot in detecting the typos/errors.

I think I have reported about 150 typos now under the "Report Typo" feature in "THE BIBLE AND HOMOSEXUAL PRACTICE" by Robert A. J. Gagnon, which is in VYRSO. It is the most typos that I have ever reported in a resource. I use the Report Typo feature as much as I can.

I would like to also thank you for all of the help that you have given me as well at times when I need it. Thank you very much.

Page 2 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS