Delay when changing slides - HDMI

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 30 2018 10:17 AM

I have an iMac (brand new last December 2017) - Running Proclaim version 2.9.0.0061. There is a slight delay (sometimes 1/2 a second) when changing the slides. I see the change take place on my preview monitor, but then it lags ever so slightly when changing on the projector. For comparison, I installed ProPresenter's latest update (demo) and tried it. The change was instantaneous. Is there a setting somewhere in Proclaim that controls this or is there something I can do to fix this? I know it's splitting hairs over a 1/2 a second, but was really just curious as to why this was happening.

EDIT: This only happens with HDMI. When I connect via VGA this doesn't happen. But, VGA does NOT give as clear or bright a picture as with HDMI so I don't want to go back and use VGA.

Thanks so much!

Posts 340
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 30 2018 11:14 AM

Hello Josh,

Do you have a transition time set?  You can set transition times per slide, but also presentation wide.  With your presentation open, go to Settings > Presentation and see if a transition is set there.  Also, note that this setting located here is tied per presentation, so you'll want to double-check the other ones too.

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 30 2018 11:34 AM

Yes, the global transition is set to "Fade" at a .5sec interval. All individual transitions are not set at all.

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2018 5:42 AM

Were you all able to figure any thing out regarding this? Like I said, it's not a major issue, just a minor annoyance, mostly.

Posts 340
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 4 2018 8:15 AM

I'm sorry!  Did switching the Fade to No Transition from that global setting have any impact?

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 4 2018 2:15 PM

Justin, here's a little more about the issue. I have a MacBook Pro laptop as well. I tried this evening on the laptop and when I changed the slides (with no external monitor) the delay was still there. I could turn off the fade transition and it still had a half a second or so before the slide would change. However, if I swiped back to the control screen on my laptop, the change in slides was instantaneous on the preview/control screen. Swipe back to the presentation and the delay was back. Could this have something to do with the way the Mac handles spaces and full-screen apps? Just a thought. It was still there with the VGA display as well, just not as prominent, or I didn't notice it as much. I haven't checked the sanctuary computer, but I suspect it will be the same.

Posts 603
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 4 2018 5:45 PM

thanks for the info Josh. I do believe I have seen this before as well. I’m gonna take a look at the code this next week and see if I can see what’s up.

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 4 2018 5:47 PM

Sounds great, Jordan. I look forward to hearing back from you all. Loving Proclaim... so easy to use.

Posts 603
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2018 9:48 AM

Hey, Josh,

Just wanted to update you here. I took a look at the code and made many changes meant to improve the performance of the slide output on Mac!

In my testing it is much faster! And especially noticeable when you have 'No transition' selected. It is available in the new update we shipped yesterday, 2.9...102

Could you try it out and let me know if it fixed your issue? Thanks!

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2018 9:51 AM

Jordan, It seems on my laptop that things have improved greatly! Thanks so much! I'm really glad to hear you all made these changes. I will let you know if I run into any problems with the sanctuary computer. Thanks again!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS