Wordsearch Moving to Logos Bible Software

Page 11 of 11 (213 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11
This post has 212 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 2
Chad Garinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 1:13 AM

Do we have any idea how soon this incorporation will take place? It seems like it would be a simple indexing issue, but I'm a pastor, not a coder. This has been an expensive transition and this is a feature I use regularly. It isn't saving me time right now. PLEASE HELP. thanks.

Posts 2
Chad Garinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 1:15 AM

when?

Posts 1046
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 2:19 AM

Chad Garinger:

Do we have any idea how soon this incorporation will take place? It seems like it would be a simple indexing issue, but I'm a pastor, not a coder. This has been an expensive transition and this is a feature I use regularly. It isn't saving me time right now. PLEASE HELP. thanks.

I think it might be easiest for you to continue to use your working WORDsearch first and until they migrated all the resources you need (check the link they have about your migrated library), where most of them should be done by the end of year. 

Posts 1491
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 2:53 AM

Kolen Cheung:

Chad Garinger:

I think it might be easiest for you to continue to use your working WORDsearch first and until they migrated all the resources you need (check the link they have about your migrated library), where most of them should be done by the end of year. 

I was thinking the same. My WordSearch is still working perfectly, although I'll admit I used Logos 99.9% of the time and only used WordSearch for resources I couldn't buy in Logos or which were ridiculously cheap in WordSearch.

Posts 3284
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 5:10 AM

Paul Caneparo:
or which were ridiculously cheap in WordSearch.
I wish I had taken that approach now. But at the time, I hated the WordSearch software (still do) and would pay the extra $$ to get the Logos version.....

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 1491
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 5:53 AM

David Taylor Jr:

Paul Caneparo:
or which were ridiculously cheap in WordSearch.
I wish I had taken that approach now. But at the time, I hated the WordSearch software (still do) and would pay the extra $$ to get the Logos version.....

I wish I'd bought a few more now from WordSearch!

Posts 29034
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 8:25 AM

Chad Garinger:
Do we have any idea how soon this incorporation will take place?

For clarification, you are referring to the incorporation of the Word Search "Lesson Maker" feature. I am not a Word Search user and don't know how that feature worked. From my understanding, it was a tool and not a "book." FL hinted that they would be looking in to how best to incorporate that feature in the future... no promises and no deadlines.

Chad Garinger:
This has been an expensive transition and this is a feature I use regularly. It isn't saving me time right now. PLEASE HELP.

If the "lesson maker" feature is something you depend upon, you would be best advised to keep using Word Search for the time being. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 177
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 8:57 AM

I could be wrong, but from everything I have read up until now, the Adult Questions for Lessonmaker will definitely be brought over as a resource, and I concur it is an important one, but the functionality of the tool part is still under review as to how best to incorporate into Logos if at all.

Thanks, Carla

Posts 250
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2020 12:14 PM

I would like to hear from someone from Faithlife about the exact nature of that transition. I would also hope that the web app for Wordsearch will still work until they complete the transfer process. 

It looks like it would be a simple e-book with Logos tagging functionality which would be good enough for me. If they plan to do something more complex, I'd like to know. 

At present, the LessonMaker Adult Question Index ebook states:

Adult Questions Index

Please note:

This topical index has been incorporated into Adult Questions for LESSONmaker. To find topics in this book (and others!), please use the Topical Search feature in your program. 

A clarification or update would be helpful.

Adult Questions Index for LESSONmaker (WORDsearch, 1992).

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jimerwin/ - a postmodern pastor in a digital world

Posts 29034
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2020 12:33 PM

Jim Erwin:
I would like to hear from someone from Faithlife about the exact nature of that transition.

Read through the thread. FL has already responded. 

Posts 29034
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2020 12:36 PM

Here is the link:

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/193801/1116866.aspx#1116866

Posts 1491
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 8 2020 2:48 AM

Quite a number of B&H books in my Faithlife eBooks wishlist are now showing as no longer available.  I can only assume they're going to reappear at some point in the Logos store, as the WordSearch announcement talked about additional B&H resources being available as part of the acquisition.

Posts 1046
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2020 5:31 PM

Bug report in linking from wordsearchbible.lifeway.com to logos.com:

source: https://wordsearchbible.lifeway.com/products/24703-niv-study-bible , probably is the 2008 revision of NIV Study Bible

Links to: https://www.logos.com/product/192576/niv-study-bible-notes-rev-ed?utm_source=wordsearch.com&utm_medium=website , is the 2020 revision.

It probably corresponds to 0:3913 in https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog , which is "in progress".

This probably is the correct behavior described earlier: the links in the website are done more fuzzily but the migration match is more careful.

Page 11 of 11 (213 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 | RSS