Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 29 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 73
Mariano Proto | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 29 2010 1:52 PM

I see that L4 has release a new update but this sounds confusing if I update? I wont be able to get the final release on Oct 1??? automatically 

thanks 

Mariano 

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 2:01 PM

The Gold Master version released on September 17 is the version that is shipping on discs to users on October 1.

The version released today is a beta for the first service release.

If you do nothing, you'll automatically be updated to the first service release when we're done with it. On the other hand, if you like living on the edge and don't mind dealing with the instability that comes with running software that isn't finished, you're welcome to switch to the beta update channel.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 299
Robert Mullen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 2:23 PM

Living on the edge...

Thanks Dev team!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 2:47 PM

Likewise Thanks Geeked - Wiki updated => http://wiki.logos.com/The_Logos_4_Beta_Program

Noticed 1 build difference between Logos 4.1 SR-1 Beta 1 on PC and Logos 4.0 SR-1 Beta 1 on Mac - harbinger of things to come ? (e.g. simultaneous PC and Mac releases ?)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 2:54 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Noticed 1 build difference between Logos 4.1 SR-1 Beta 1 on PC and Logos 4.0 SR-1 Beta 1 on Mac - harbinger of things to come ? (e.g. simultaneous PC and Mac releases ?)

We're working towards that, but the version number (it's actually tied to the source control revision, which doesn't have a 1-to-1 correspondence with build numbers) is more of a coincidence, in this case.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 2:57 PM

David

Thanks for the opportunity to walk by faith not sight. I'm glad there's a Beta again. Big Smile

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 73
Mariano Proto | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:00 PM

ok I want to update but how do I do it? 

Posts 299
Robert Mullen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:03 PM

Set update channel to beta

Type it in the command bar.

Posts 26
Daniel B. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:03 PM

Thank you, development folks! 

I'd bet the beta is just fine. Switching to beta channel   Stick out tongue

"A God without wrath brought men without sin into a kingdom without judgment through the ministrations of a Christ without a cross" Helmut Richard Niebuhr: The Kingdom of God in America (speaking facetiously)

Posts 2565
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:38 PM

If you use the syntax search functions you may want to wait as they are broken with this release.

Posts 56
Seth Huckstead | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 4:19 PM

It donnae work. When I type the proper text into the command bar it cannae find an update. Help (not that this is that urgent.)

Posts 73
Mariano Proto | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 5:48 PM

what phrase do I have to type, because I type update Beta or only update and won't do anything

Posts 662
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 6:13 PM

Release notes?

Posts 73
Mariano Proto | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 6:56 PM

the Release notes??? I did what they said and does not update anything... 

More specific please?

Posts 662
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:08 PM

Mariano Proto:

the Release notes??? I did what they said and does not update anything... 

More specific please?

Did you type this exactly into the command bar: Set update channel to beta

When you click on Logos, About Logos what version dos it say you are using?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:24 PM

Mariano Proto:

what phrase do I have to type, because I type update Beta or only update and won't do anything

Phrase is set update channel to beta - can check channel using About Logos Bible Software 4:

Once Update Channel is beta, Update Now command starts download and installation.

Edit: Release Notes has usage note about Beta => http://community.logos.com/forums/t/23722.aspx Once opt-in to Beta, cannot change back until Final SR-1 version ships.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 11
Susan L. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:41 PM

I have L4 on my dell, have been waiting for stable Mac release (this is coming Fri?) before downloading to macbook. Do I log in from macbook, then look for link to download, any other info I would need or better to call? Thanks!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:53 PM

Susan Labo:

I have L4 on my dell, have been waiting for stable Mac release (this is coming Fri?) before downloading to macbook. Do I log in from macbook, then look for link to download, any other info I would need or better to call? Thanks!

Logos 4 Mac 4.0 Gold Master Release Notes has stable release download link => http://community.logos.com/forums/t/23198.aspx

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 8:25 PM

John Fidel:

If you use the syntax search functions you may want to wait as they are broken with this release.

Argggg! What is up with the Mac version and the syntax search function? Going back to the last one.

Posts 11
Susan L. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 9:19 PM

thanks much

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS