PLEASE VOTE: Comprehensive reworking of NOTES in one or more phases i.e. if you are unhappy with notes, please read

Page 2 of 7 (123 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 122 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 18886
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 11:33 AM

It's up to 120 votes now. 12 more votes and it will be on the first page. Wow!

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 12:01 PM

I have added my votes as well. While reviewing where my votes had been allocated, I saw that several of them were spent on other note-related suggestions. Consolidating all the notes related votes may be a good thing provided that we don't get a "completed" generic answer as we did for http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/508503-improve-notes-with-hyperlinking-toc-drag-and-dro?ref=title (even though it included a significant TOC suggestion that was not really implemented).

Still, users might consider moving their votes from http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/613917-please-make-importing-pictures-in-notes-available?ref=title and http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/541911-my-commentary?ref=title to the new thread MJ posted.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 12:24 PM

Thomas Black:

Peter Covert:
In under 24 hours, it is almost on the first page.  I think this says a lot!!!!!
Yes  I agree.  I don't really expect Logos to drop everything to re-envision notes but I do yearn for it.  

Let's keep the votes coming in.

It took lest than 24 hours for this request to make it on the first page.

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2011 10:19 AM

Thanks MJ for your work on this - I moved 3 votes here.

Posts 8639
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2011 11:22 AM

170 Votes already, that is impressive.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 18886
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2011 4:04 PM

It's now up to position #15 out of 329. Wow! Still, I can't believe something like "wish-list on logos.com" is still higher than this when there are other workarounds for that. Let's keep going higher! Most of the 780 votes on PBB can be redeployed now that that is marked as Started and Bob Pritchett said it "should be delivered in the (relatively) near future."

"Please make importing pictures in notes available" (with 367 votes) should be redundant; I would have thought it would have been included in the consensus post, but apparently not. I couldn't find anything about picture, image, or graphic in that post. MJ? Was that idea not raised when you were collecting input? If we could get those 367 votes over to this reworking of notes, it would be up to position #3.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2011 4:23 PM

Rosie Perera:
"Please make importing pictures in notes available" (with 367 votes) should be redundant; I would have thought it would have been included in the consensus post, but apparently not. I couldn't find anything about picture, image, or graphic in that post.

I believe "illustration" is a synonym for "picture":

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2011 4:25 PM

Rosie Perera:
"Please make importing pictures in notes available" (with 367 votes) should be redundant; I would have thought it would have been included in the consensus post, but apparently not. I couldn't find anything about picture, image, or graphic in that post. MJ? Was that idea not raised when you were collecting input? If we could get those 367 votes over to this reworking of notes, it would be up to position #3.

Hi Rose,

As a person who wants images in my notes, I understand "Note content: • permit at least as much formatting as in L3 which includes tables, illustrations, colored text, underlined text ... " as to include images (illustrations) in our notes.

Posts 18886
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2011 4:53 PM

fgh:

Rosie Perera:
"Please make importing pictures in notes available" (with 367 votes) should be redundant; I would have thought it would have been included in the consensus post, but apparently not. I couldn't find anything about picture, image, or graphic in that post.

I believe "illustration" is a synonym for "picture":

Arggh! Well spotted, fgh! I forgot about that synonym in my search. And I didn't actually reread the entire post.

OK, so my comment still stands then. We ought to be able to dispense with those 367 votes for a redundant feature and have everyone move those votes over to this one.

Posts 29345
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2011 7:13 PM

tom collinge:
As a person who wants images in my notes, I understand "Note content: • permit at least as much formatting as in L3 which includes tables, illustrations, colored text, underlined text ... " as to include images (illustrations) in our notes.

Yes, my intent was to include all two-dimensional non-verbal forms - graphics, illustrations, drawings, pictures, maps, diagrams, calligraphy, paintings, photographics, charts, mind-maps ... but given the use of "illustration" vis a vis sermons, I probably should have chosen a different term

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2011 9:03 PM

MJ. Smith:

tom collinge:

Yes, my intent was to include all two-dimensional non-verbal forms - graphics, illustrations, drawings, pictures, maps, diagrams, calligraphy, paintings, photographics, charts, mind-maps ... but given the use of "illustration" vis a vis sermons, I probably should have chosen a different term

Could add intent to user voice comment and add a reply in forum thread reference.

User voice voting now tied for # 14.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2011 5:39 AM

Appears forum SUGGESTION: Dear Logos, please ask us ... has many visual illustrations that should be added to forum thread about comprehensive reworking of Notes.

Also User Voice shows # 14 position on first page with 205 votes, needs 73 more votes to move up a place.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8639
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2011 11:25 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Also User Voice shows # 14 position on first page with 205 votes, needs 73 more votes to move up a place.

Astounding.  It is amazing how quickly this request is rising on the chart. Currently needs only 68 to move up a spot.

Posts 2712
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2011 11:45 AM

yeah amazing especially since original plan was that we were not gonna get any note taking in v4.., sadly it was an afterthought rushed in.. and consequently probably the most complained about program component in v4

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2011 11:56 AM

Thanks for this, M.J. I have just added my three votes.

Posts 8639
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2011 9:31 AM

It's getting even closer to moving up to the next spot, around 40 or so votes will move it up now.

Posts 4934
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2011 11:28 AM

It will be interesting to see where this goes...implementation-wise.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2011 1:25 AM

David Paul:

It will be interesting to see where this goes...implementation-wise.

Concur, also noted 35 more votes to move up one position and 42 votes to move up two positions on User Voice front page:

http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:48 AM

It just moved up to 13th! Smile  7 more votes and it's #12...

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 4934
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2011 1:02 PM

This kind of huge surge ought to capture Logos's attention...but I'm curious. Has anyone heard anything from Logos that indicates they have acknowledged the massive grassroots attention voiced in regard to this issue? I haven't, but perhaps I've missed their response.

Page 2 of 7 (123 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS