Goodbye

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 34
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 6:26 PM

Matthew C Jones:
It matters not who is right, it matters who has the right.
Really?    You really believe that?  

"But take care that this right of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak." (1 Co 8:9)

"If we have sown spiritual things among you, is it too much if we reap material things from you? 12 If others share this rightful claim on you, do not we even more? Nevertheless, we have not made use of this right, but we endure anything rather than put an obstacle in the way of the gospel of Christ." (1 Co 9:11–12).

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 6:38 PM

I have to admit the threads that have bothered others have not bothered me, when I seen where they were going, I stopped reading them and let my thought go towards my life in Christ.

We live in the world, but by faith it does not have to control us.

Yes, there is a lot of sin in the body of Christ, and I am part of that sinful problem, and it leads back to not walking by faith and resting in Christ.

The problem is not out there, it is within us, and no matter where we go, we will run into sin and sins.  Our only hope is to walk by faith in Christ.

Your brother in Christ,

Jim VanSchoonhoven

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 7:07 PM

George Somsel:
for evil to succeed it is only necessary that good men do nothing. 

Very true.

We have had several good people leave the forum because the guidelines for the forum were "not enforced."

NOTE: the first thread was eventually deleted, and the second thread was stared on Sat..  Therefore, these items do need to be included when evaluating Logos' response to these threads.

Posts 34
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 7:41 PM

tom collinge:
We have had several good people leave the forum because the guidelines for the forum were "not enforced."

This individual chose to leave after the guidelines were enforced, and gave a clear reason for the problem, and states that enforcement by Logos is NOT  the answer.

Dominick Sela:
Today's thread started by a likely forum troll and our community's inability to ignore it proves that no enforcement policy won't work.

Posts 27910
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 8:10 PM

Dominick Sela:
Today's thread started by a likely forum troll and our community's inability to ignore it proves that "no enforcement" policy won't work.

I read it differently - as shown by my addition of quote marks and bold.I would assume that the decisions to stay or go are rather complex. But I think  < 0.008% have driven away several valuable contributors to our community and an unknown number others - readers or contributors. My sympathy is not only with those who have left the forums, but also with those who are less comfortable in the forums and also with Logos staff who have the burden of handling the mess. Prayers all around.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3676
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 8:18 PM

Hi Dominick,

Blessings, joy, peace, & re-creation to you... I'll miss your voice. (Don't know if I'm a regular, tho' Wink)

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 34
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 8:20 PM

MJ. Smith:
I read it differently

I can see that a poorly structured sentence can give rise to differences in interpretation. You don't question the previous phrase "our community's inability to ignore it " ...Do You? To me,That seems to support my interpretation. If the thread died of loneliness...no enforcement would be needed.

Posts 27910
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 8:39 PM

Chris Thompson:
You don't question the previous phrase "our community's inability to ignore it " ...Do You?

No, I agree with you. Shall we ask to get a discourse analysis of the sentence? That brings the topic back to Logos, right?Wink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 3:06 AM

MJ. Smith:
Shall we ask to get a discourse analysis of the sentence?

Where's Terry Cook when you need him most? Big Smile

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 3:50 AM

Robert Pavich:
Where's Terry Cook when you need him most? Big Smile
Terry Cook, the NASCAR driver?

Posts 1648
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 5:06 AM

Dominick Sela:
...I am going to take a 30 day timeout...

Dominick, when you do check back next month, I hope you realise that your posts have helped many people here. I'm one of them. Your contributions are worthwhile.

God bless

Posts 6
Gerard Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 6:39 AM

Wow!  Sounds cultish in these forums. I have notice the same people seem to pots thousands of times and when someone questions something they all go into attack mode and start slandering that person and that using Scriptures.  Sounds really spiritual guys.  

Dominick grow some thick skin.  Ignore comments that you don't like.  why did you even comment if you did not like it? Are you the Forum Police  LOL!

They should make a rule that you are not allowed to slander others who view their opinions either.  

All of you need to get a life, but I guess for most this forum is your life

Pathetic!

Posts 2
Gerard Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 7:03 AM

Hi My name is Gerard. Most of you know me by many other names.
A little bit about myself.
I honestly do not know what Jesus taught. You see, I am not very smart.
I have no reading comprehension whatsoever which efffects my abilllity to read and properly interpret the bible. All I know is that the bible says and I am going to do it. If you think I am wrong, well so beit. I know that I am the only one who is right.
My mission is to humilate you and force you into submission of JESUS even though I have never seen you. I know that my ways of doin things are right. i am sure that I have saved thousands of people.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 7:10 AM

Gerard Stevens:

I have no reading comprehension whatsoever which efffects my abilllity to read and properly interpret the bible. All I know is that the bible says and I am going to do it. If you think I am wrong, well so beit. I know that I am the only one who is right.
My mission is to humilate you and force you into submission of JESUS even though I have never seen you. I know that my ways of doin things are right. i am sure that I have saved thousands of people.

Houston, we have a problem.  How many jerks are there here?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 322
Rene Atchley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 7:11 AM

To be truthful I don't have a dog in this hunt but it is a curious thing to read about all of this Christian love on a web site dedicated to endlessly selling me religious products.  In what world is there peace when religion or religious matters are brought up to open ended discussion.  This is the nature of religious conflict dialogue in the American context since the time of our religious ancestors who sought to find peace by persecuting Quakers for their wrong ideas.  So what is the point?  In the real world Logos is not going to be able to be both open minded (i.e. ecumenical) and narrow (i.e. conservative, inerrant theological works) in its product selection in practical terms in order to develop it's market imo.  While all of this can go away by simply deleting this forum that doesn't take away the basic business problem faced by Logos...do you want to grow the market or do you want to develop customer loyalty by branding you products through a narrowing of the theological perspective.  This is the nature of the conflict between theological purity and profit in my view...at what point does the "truth" you know get thrown out for a more secure economic future?

Posts 6
Gerard Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 7:34 AM

Not sure who hacked my name.  LOL!  Nice job but you just proved my point.  When someone posts something that might not be agreed upon those who post thousands of times on Logos Forums slander, insult, and say un-Christian like things.  They resort to childlike sarcasm and show they are immature.  They do not dare deal with the question or try to give a well thought out response, but act like infants in their responses.

Thanks for proving me right.  

I did not write this so I can only assume that someone who works at Logos did because how could they hack my account?  

Gerard Stevens:

Houston, we have a problem.  How many jerks are there here?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 7:40 AM

Much of the posting this week (including some I have done) is at best unhelpful. At worst sinful.

Please,  stop it.  Even posting "Stop It!" is going to invite more from trouble makers and hate-mongers.

Some will keep posting without any provocation. (That is the type who think, "better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven." - Dante)

"Stop It!"

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 116
Chris Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 7:46 AM

Matthew C Jones:
Please,  stop it.  Even posting "Stop It!" is going to invite more from trouble makers and hate-mongers.

Matthew C Jones:
"Stop It!"
Amazing....Simply Amazing.

Posts 394
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 7:47 AM

Good answer George, I myself was in the same frame of mind last christmas.  I read a cartoon some time ago, it was a picture of someone wrestling a pig in the mud.  And the caption read "arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling a pig in the mud, you soon figure out he is enjoying it".  By the way I am a truckdriver. 

Posts 323
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 7:53 AM

Allen Browne:
Dominick, when you do check back next month, I hope you realise that your posts have helped many people here. I'm one of them. Your contributions are worthwhile

Ditto, and to all the newer folks, this forum is truly a helpful place to grow into using your software, and devolping a deeper level of study of Scripture. I've stopped reading all the posts, and mostly read those that could help me. I know, I know, so why read this one? Because at first it started as a good post, to show one's frustration, and then proceeded to go down hill, except for a few like this one.

Dominick, I've taken a few timeouts myself, not just from here, and they have all been worth it. The Lord bless your time away, but don't stay away too long.

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS