PB macros for Word 2010 & 2007

Page 1 of 4 (76 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 75 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 3314
steve clark | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 20 2011 4:18 PM

Here are some macros which will assist you when building a Personal Book (PB) in Word. Please follow the steps when installing them.

below is a link to a short demo of the macros (my screen recorder does not show pop-up windows that Logos shows, so as i am moving in the later part of the video in the PB i am hovering over links and L4 is showing them but the video does not show them)

(The video below may not work inside the forum, but if you right click on the video below and click on Open in a new tab, it will open in a new tab in your browser and play)

Click here to play this video

Below is the ZIP file which contains the macro template and a few other files as describe a little further down)

5153.L4_PB_Macro.zip

One of the files inside of the Zip is Adding the macros to Word.pdf. It is instructions on how to add the macro template to Word.

Also in this document are instructions on how add the Custom Ribbon with the Logos4 Macros Tab (see below). On this tab are buttons which tie to each of the macros.

This custom tab does not work in Word 2007, but you can look on Microsoft's site for instructions on add command to you Quick Link bar and there add the macros one at a time to your Quick Link bar.

And finally in the Zip is a PDF file L4 PB Macro Template Information.pdf which has information on each of the macros.

I have Word 2003 as well, but i have not made a PDF on how to install it (perhaps later i will do that).

QLinks, Bibl2, Reporter, Macros
Dell Insp 1720
Core 2 Duo, 1.6 G, 4G RAM, Vista

Posts 20
Clacir Virmes Junior | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 5:31 PM

Doubtless, it is one of the most amazing add for Logos 4 ever made. Thanks so much!

Clacir Virmes Junior

Posts 15644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 6:13 PM

Awesome, Steve! I guess this means it's time for me to upgrade to Word 2010. I'd love to have the custom tab.

Posts 179
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 7:23 PM

Will this work with Office 2010 (Mac)?

Posts 3314
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 7:36 PM

Joel Madasu:
Will this work with Office 2010 (Mac)?

i don't know, i have windows. Have you tried to follow the installation instructions? The instructions PDF is inside the ZIP.

Dell Insp 1720

Posts 3314
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 8:03 PM

Added the ability to the Logos4 URL macro to use either WIKI or URL methods from the Logos4 menu. Decided to add the URL method after watching MP video, since he suggests using this method i decided that users may try to follow his lead. Now the Logos4 URL macro will work with both.

1273.L4_PB_Macro.zip

Dell Insp 1720

Posts 179
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 8:15 PM

Yes, I tried, it worked! Thank you! But the only thing is, I cannot get the Menu button on the Ribbon. Still trying to figure out.

Posts 3314
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 8:19 PM

Joel Madasu:
Yes, I tried, it worked!

That is great to hear!

Joel Madasu:
I cannot get the Menu button on the Ribbon.

Guess that you saw the instructions further down in the PDF instructions for doing this. But if the do not work, then you can look on Microsoft's site and learn how to add a Tab to your user interface ribbon, then add the groups & buttons manually to each macro.

Dell Insp 1720

Posts 442
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 9:11 PM

Joel Madasu:

Yes, I tried, it worked! Thank you! But the only thing is, I cannot get the Menu button on the Ribbon. Still trying to figure out.

Bad news: Office for Mac 2011 does not support adding or editing ribbon content, only customizing" (i.e. show/hide)

Posts 3314
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 9:13 PM

Perhaps you can add individual buttons to the Quick Access Toolbar in Mac 2011

Dell Insp 1720

Posts 179
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 9:16 PM

Mike S.:
Bad news: Office for Mac 2011 does not support adding or editing ribbon content, only customizing" (i.e. show/hide)

Ok, I am done figuring out :) Thank you for letting me know!

Posts 3314
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 9:27 PM

Here is a link to watch how to add buttons to the toolbar

http://mac2.microsoft.com/help/office/14/en-us/excel/item/ebaec018-79b7-46de-974a-659417104fe9

Dell Insp 1720

Posts 179
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2011 10:54 AM

Thank you for your help and for creating these!!

This is where I got to:

And after I click that button, this is how it looks:

Posts 3314
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2011 11:08 AM

Joel Madasu:
This is where I got to:

i am guessing here

A. Inside of the Customize Toolbars window you might try clicking on All Commands , i am guessing that you will see more commands appear in this list than you are currently seeing in the list. Then in the updated list look for Macro or Macro commands and if you see the individual macro commands you can add them one at a time to create individual buttons for each command. Since i do not have a Mac or Mac Office i cannot help beyond this.

But even if you cannot add buttons, you can run a macro from this window. Simply find the macro that you want and click on it, then click on the Run button. Word will then execute the macro. Don't forget to position your cursor in Word where you want the macro to place it prior to opening this window though.

Dell Insp 1720

Posts 179
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2011 4:02 PM

Sure, I will do that. Thank you for your help.

I have one question: Is that Yellow bar (warning bar?) common to show up every time I open this template?

Posts 3314
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2011 4:33 PM

Yes, it is to warn you that you should not accidentally edit your template

Dell Insp 1720

Posts 125
NYSERVANT | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2011 6:08 PM

This is incredible.  Thank you so much!

Posts 3314
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2011 11:28 AM

i have added another macro to the set of macros, HyperLink L4Filename. i used it while making a PB with all my document links (see this post).

If you already have added my macros earlier you will need to follow the steps in the attached PDF Adding the macros to Word again to: add the macro & add the new Tab. Also the Macro Information PDF has been updated which tells you how to use it.

EDIT (updated for URL fix earlier too) 1104.L4_PB_Macro.zip

Dell Insp 1720

Posts 179
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2011 3:20 PM

Thank you Steve!

Posts 745
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2011 10:25 AM

Steve!  Awesome!!  PLEASE keep 'em coming!!!

"I read dead people..."

Page 1 of 4 (76 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS