Page 1 of 8 (154 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 153 Replies | 26 Followers

Posts 13
LogosEmployee
Johnny Cisneros | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 22 2013 3:10 PM
We're excited about our new Logos Mobile Education division and its potential to help you learn and grow. Please use this new forum to post your thoughts or questions. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you!
Posts 1706
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 3:21 PM

????????

I get educated everyday when my Logos goes mobile on my Nexus 7 and sometimes on my phone too.

Something tells me this isnt what you meant, huh?

Posts 18860
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 3:27 PM

Given that this thread was started by Johnny Cisneros, one of the creators of the DVD "Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software" I'm guessing this new venture has to do with training videos for mobile devices.

Johnny, could you tell us more? Is there a website yet? I googled "Logos Mobile Education" and didn't find anything except this thread.

It seems premature to create a forum about something that hasn't even been announced yet. Who is going to have questions about it? Apart from this sort of speculative "what the heck is it?" kind of question. Maybe that's the whole point -- to create some buzz surrounding it before it's released.

Posts 2766
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 4:03 PM

Johnny Cisneros:
We're excited about our new Logos Mobile Education division and its potential to help you learn and grow. Please use this new forum to post your thoughts or questions. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you! Johnny

Ok, I have briefly read through the blog announcement, and have discerned that Logos will be implementing an online bible course. Now for the questions.

1. What level of courses will be offered? Will it be for babies (beginners), toddlers (those that are aware, but know very little), teenagers (those that have the training of their parents, and want to go further), adults (those that know much, and want to know much more), or seniors (those that are seasoned and can teach, preach, etc.)?

2. Will this be somehow integrated within the Logos application or will it be a separate website with links to the individual's Logos program?

3. Will there be a cost for this in addition to ownership/license of Logos or will it just require the user/student to be a registered user with the resources?

4. Are there any samples or video descriptions of this?

5. Will this be an academic program with credits or is it for anyone desiring to go further in their personal study?

Posts 13392
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 4:26 PM

From the blog post:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
Will this be somehow integrated within the Logos application or will it be a separate website with links to the individual's Logos program?

Every video is transcribed for cross-referencing and tagging within Logos, so the video content can be discovered in searches, just like books within Logos; this makes your course part of your permanent library.

Posts 2766
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 4:34 PM

Mark Barnes:

From the blog post:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
Will this be somehow integrated within the Logos application or will it be a separate website with links to the individual's Logos program?

Every video is transcribed for cross-referencing and tagging within Logos, so the video content can be discovered in searches, just like books within Logos; this makes your course part of your permanent library.

Thanks Mark; I missed that.

Maybe its too soon, but it would be nice to have more of a description of the details since the word is now out. Smile

Posts 6
Hélder de Salles Cardin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 4:46 PM

Hi rosie.

I do agree with you

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 5:05 PM

Certainly sounds interesting..... Cool

Posts 2
R. Kent Mills | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 5:43 PM

Great! Looking to learn how we can LEARN more! Let's make all this tech stuff work for us. So we can be more effective in sharing the GOOD NEWS in the WORD and of CHRIST!!

Posts 2
R. Kent Mills | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 6:06 PM

I also hope you are going to bring Morris in on this too! He has being working from the beginning to bring training together with the Logos Software for the plain man or women in the world to grow and be more effective with the Logos Software. I feel he has the background and experience that would be a great help in the development of this project.

Posts 1
Eric Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 7:20 PM

Is Logos Mobile Education a more sophisticated version of Proctor's training videos?  Is LME training in the use of specific Logos resources?  Is LME, as stated earlier, an education in biblical or ministerial subjects?

Posts 1
Buks van Ellewee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 9:21 PM

Unfortunately I fear, like many of the Logos Resources, the price would mean that it would be out of reach for many of us :-(

Posts 2
Nick Horton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2013 5:08 AM

Are you talking about actual college type courses? Or just training on how to use Logos?

We need more details.

Posts 10715
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2013 5:44 AM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
teenagers (those that have the training of their parents, and want to go further)

Don't teenagers already know everything? If you don't believe that, just ask one Big Smile. (Speaking from long experience here: 3 adult children, each of whom was a former teen; 7 grandchildren who have pass through those years; 1 grandchild just now learning of his vast knowledge)

Posts 10715
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2013 5:47 AM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
teenagers (those that have the training of their parents, and want to go further)

Don't teenagers already know everything? If you don't believe that, just ask one Big Smile. (Speaking from long experience here: 3 adult children, each of whom is a former teen; 7 grandchildren who have pass through those years; 1 grandchild just now learning of his vast knowledge)

Posts 1
Dwight Coker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2013 5:47 AM

I too am excited about this, my main question would be about cost, what if any is going to be the cost of this?

Posts 10715
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2013 5:48 AM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Don't teenagers already know everything? If you don't believe that, just ask one Big Smile. (Speaking from long experience here: 3 adult children, each of whom is a former teen; 7 grandchildren who have passed through those years; 1 grandchild just now learning of his vast knowledge)

Posts 25
J. T. Shortt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2013 5:50 AM

I look forward to learning more about this. It sounds like a real help section F1 option that is lacking in Logos. The cost is something that concerns me, I would like it to be considered part of the package so the user can get the full use out of the tools they have purchased.

J.T.

Posts 10715
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2013 5:50 AM

Now note that each time I attempted to edit my original post, this forum created a new post. Great idea for boosting post count, but otherwise quite frustrating.

Page 1 of 8 (154 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS