Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:32 AM | Locked

Dan DeVilder:
PS, will this be a shorter download--ie, not the 10 GB behemoth . . . ?

No, it will not be 10GB, since it won't be downloading all your resources.

It just installs the program, and a few updated resources (I think). I haven't seen a download even as big as 10MB for the beta (YMMV).

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 9:04 AM | Locked

Dan DeVilder:
also, any idea why it needs the secret handshake access?? 

I guess so no one downloads it without really wanting to? I.E.: understanding first what a beta is and how one should treat it. If you go back through the Beta forum you can find the original instructions with the link. More work than needed, perhaps, but it can be found.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 11:23 AM | Locked

Mark A. Smith:

Dan DeVilder:

I guess so no one downloads it without really wanting to? I.E.: understanding first what a beta is and how one should treat it. If you go back through the Beta forum you can find the original instructions with the link. More work than needed, perhaps, but it can be found.

Mark A. Smith:

Dan DeVilder:

probably can . . . but i didn't find it.  I did actually go through the pages of the forum and i also tried to search.  Just wasn't smart enough, i guess.  Yeah, and so I think I am smart enough to run beta . . .

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1666
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 12:59 PM | Locked

Dan, welcome to this beta stream.

Some have noticed that scrolling (with the mouse) has been improved. Page UP-Page Down also seems a bit more responsive, as does using the Space Bar to Page Down.

I am also pleased that the Collections/Cited by (sections that use parts of Passage/Exegetical Guide  now immediately automatically "name" any custom collection. (This saves from having to constantly look for and click on the "setting" button).

Hope it installs and runs well for you.

You asked about mega-downloads: If you did not do the recent 1.8(?) gig download on SR-7 you will need to do it for the Beta 5 release.

Regards

Steve F

Regards, SteveF

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS