New Feature: Send to Kindle

Page 5 of 14 (270 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
This post has 269 Replies | 17 Followers

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 2:15 PM

Cool! Even though Logos told me I needed to resend the resources I wanted to load onto my Kindle, the resources made it onto my Kindle the first time anyway. This is one neat feature! Thanks, Logos! Big Smile

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 2:21 PM

Ralph A. Abernethy III:
Even though Logos told me I needed to resend the resources I wanted to load onto my Kindle, the resources made it onto my Kindle the first time anyway.

For clarification: when you see "resend to kindle," Logos isn't telling you that you need to resend, rather it is providing you a button if you need to resend. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 293
Gustavo Bentos | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 8:17 PM

Hi Everyone i was waiting for this for months and at this point i'm very disappointed with Logos

I have Logos 5 with the Library TESORO in Spanish  (5.2b Sr-7) and i can't use this feature when i put Send to KindleXXXX@kindle.com) nothing happen just a regular search.

What version of Logos 5 i need in order to use Send to Kindle

Thank you

Posts 78
Kelvin Chiu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 8:37 PM

Send to Kindle--> Good

But what about Kindle send to Logos?

kelvin

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 8:51 PM

Gustavo Bentos:
What version of Logos 5 i need in order to use Send to Kindle

This feature isnt available in any of the "stable" releases for Logos 5. You can switch over to the beta channel and try that... with the typical warnings... plus, logos has said that they do not intend to develop the current beta further.

The feature is a standard part of the "Logos 6" base engine. If you want to purchase a new base package OR data sets, you can get the engine now. If you don't want to make a new purchase, the "Logos 6" base engine will be available free to everyone starting in February. 

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 8:52 PM

Kelvin Chiu:
But what about Kindle send to Logos?

That would be a question for Amazon. Wink

Posts 8014
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 10:52 PM

alabama24:
plus, logos has said that they do not intend to develop the current beta further.

There is no current beta for Logos 5.x. (The 5.3 beta has been removed.)

Posts 19
Joop Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 2:00 AM

When I entered the command "set kindle account to <e-mailaddress>.kindle.com" it started connecting, but linking failed. After that, Logos doesnt't recognize the command anymore.

Also found that your explanation gives a different command "set kindle to ....". But both aren't recognize. Any way to fix this?

Logos mac version 6.0 SR-3 6.0.0.3752

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 7:15 AM

Joop Feenstra:
Also found that your explanation gives a different command "set kindle to ....".

The command in this thread is set kindle to #####@kindle.com (where you obviously exchange your amazon email for the #'s). Where did you read about a different command?

Joop Feenstra:
Any way to fix this?

If you have inadvertently set the email address to something OTHER than your actual email address, you will have to speak to customer service. Due to copy protection, this is a "one and done" process on the user side of things.

Joop Feenstra:
it started connecting, but linking failed.

How do you know the linking failed? 

Posts 19
Joop Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 9:34 AM

Thanks for your response.

"set kindle account to ..." was explained in the instruction video: "https://www.logos.com/training/logos6/desktop/send-to-kindle" 

I'll contact customer service.

Logos started to link - via pop-up windows- but then gave an error. Something like "linking kindle failed"

Posts 40
Stéphane Kapitaniuk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 2:10 PM

Looks great, however it doesn't work for me. I've double checked the send to Kindle address and the authorization address in Amazon (I tried both "noreply@logos.com" and the more general "@logos.com").

Any help on this would be welcome.

Here is a screen shot of the book saying "upload is in progress":

Posts 40
Stéphane Kapitaniuk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 2:12 PM

Posts 1397
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 7:22 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

alabama24:
plus, logos has said that they do not intend to develop the current beta further.

There is no current beta for Logos 5.x. (The 5.3 beta has been removed.)

Bradley,

Can you please share why the beta has been removed?  Any plans to bring it back later?  If it won't, that will be a major disappointment for a lot of people on Logos 5 who had their hopes for the Kindle feature finally raised by the beta.

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 7:30 AM

RAusdahl:
Can you please share why the beta has been removed?  Any plans to bring it back later? 

I'm not Bradley, but I would imagine the reason's it's been removed is because they've announced that 5.3 beta users will get early access to the free edition of Logos 6. If it wasn't removed, anyone could get L6 early by first downloading the 5.3 beta.

RAusdahl:
If it won't, that will be a major disappointment for a lot of people on Logos 5 who had their hopes for the Kindle feature finally raised by the beta.

The free edition of L6 will be available to everyone in February which will include this feature.

Posts 1397
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 8:45 AM

Mark Barnes:

RAusdahl:
Can you please share why the beta has been removed?  Any plans to bring it back later? 

I'm not Bradley, but I would imagine the reason's it's been removed is because they've announced that 5.3 beta users will get early access to the free edition of Logos 6. If it wasn't removed, anyone could get L6 early by first downloading the 5.3 beta.

RAusdahl:
If it won't, that will be a major disappointment for a lot of people on Logos 5 who had their hopes for the Kindle feature finally raised by the beta.

The free edition of L6 will be available to everyone in February which will include this feature.

Thank you, Mark.  My head was stuck on the notion that there could be a lot of people who stay with L5--something that's probably not too likely since as you say, they can move to the free L6 engine.  I should have had some coffee before posting my questions.  Coffee

Posts 99
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 10:49 AM

How do you remove the download from Kindle, specifically to IPAD Kindle?

Thank you

Paul

Paul

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 11:23 AM

Paul:

How do you remove the download from Kindle, specifically to IPAD Kindle?

Assuming Ipad works like the android and the kindle itself, long press a book and select delete from device.  

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 11:45 AM

Swiping to the left and choosing Archive works as well. Archiving will remove the book from the device, but it will remain on your account. (Only books which are on the device but not stored in your Amazon account give the Delete option.)

Posts 98
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 8:54 PM

I can't get this feature to work in Logos 6. When I type the command "set kindle to blah@kindle.com" it keeps changing it to "Search for set kindle to blah@kindle.com":

Is there a way to get this command to go through?

Edit:

This screenshot was taken on the PC. The command was available on my Mac. Running the command on my Mac and restarting Logos on my PC worked.

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 1:16 AM

Dan:
This screenshot was taken on the PC. The command was available on my Mac. Running the command on my Mac and restarting Logos on my PC worked.

Odd. It doesn't work on my PC either, but I thought that might be because I've already run the command before. Can anyone else confirm?

Page 5 of 14 (270 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS