1-2 Thessalonians BECNT cheaper than prepublication price now

Page 2 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 55 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 7054
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 7:36 PM

You're welcome, everybody! 

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 8:23 PM

That is sad. I added it to my wish list so I would remember this weekend to go back and buy it. It is showing up as 45 something now for me as well. Shame that it appeared to be a month special but must have been a daily special or something.

Posts 170
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 7 2015 3:01 AM

Yes the website is either broken or misleading - says my full dynamic price is $47 and then there is 30% discount, but the price I am being asked to pay is $45.99 which is not 30% off! I had this in my basket when it was the correct $32 price but just waited to add some from March madness. Maybe Logos can say whether the 30% discount does not apply to dynamic pricing?

Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament (BECNT) (17 vols.) Save over 30% on this month's Top Product! Auto-Renew 1 $47.11 $47.11 $45.99
Posts 652
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 7 2015 5:04 AM

You are correct, Jim. The current price does not take into account a 30% discount. Logos is the fuzzy math company.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 7 2015 5:15 AM

Thanks DAL for alerting Logos to their "non-mistake". Logos the 30% off SHOULD be applied. Your Pre-pub promise that "the price will never be lower" is a joke anyway. You break it with base packages and you will break it multiple times with March Madness.

I was going to purchase this commentary. Logos you just lost a sale! Stop playing games with us.

Posts 1581
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 7 2015 5:57 AM

Jim Snowden:

Yes the website is either broken or misleading - says my full dynamic price is $47 and then there is 30% discount, but the price I am being asked to pay is $45.99 which is not 30% off! I had this in my basket when it was the correct $32 price but just waited to add some from March madness. Maybe Logos can say whether the 30% discount does not apply to dynamic pricing?

Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament (BECNT) (17 vols.) Save over 30% on this month's Top Product! Auto-Renew 1 $47.11 $47.11 $45.99

Exactly what I was saying earlier. 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 7054
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 7 2015 7:42 AM

what can I say lucky me and a few others who got it for $32.39 

Posts 2542
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 7 2015 8:37 AM

Maybe you could now change the title on your OP to: BUG: discount is not applied to dynamic pricing on BECNT

Posts 7054
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 7 2015 5:54 PM

If you are having problems, you might want to give sales a call.  Remember, if you own the 16 volumes of BECNT then dynamic pricing should work to add volume number 17 on 1-2 Thessalonians; if it's not working and it's easy for you call or email your sales rep.

DAL

Posts 7054
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 7 2015 5:56 PM

Keith Larson:

Thanks DAL for alerting Logos to their "non-mistake". Logos the 30% off SHOULD be applied. Your Pre-pub promise that "the price will never be lower" is a joke anyway. You break it with base packages and you will break it multiple times with March Madness.

I was going to purchase this commentary. Logos you just lost a sale! Stop playing games with us.

I read your response and then looked at your profile picture smiling and I cannot, for the life of me, tell whether your are joking or just being sarcastic.  The smiling picture does not match your response...LOL

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 7 2015 8:42 PM

DAL:

Keith Larson:

I read your response and then looked at your profile picture smiling and I cannot, for the life of me, tell whether your are joking or just being sarcastic.  The smiling picture does not match your response...LOL

Sarcastic! However, I am a more serious about the Pre-pub criticism. Face it. C.S. Lewis may very well be in next year's March Madness and be the winner of the 75% discount. Rather than making the promise that pre-pub prices will be the lowest ever Logos needs to do away with the marketing hype and just offer a price. If people like the price they will purchase, if not they will pass. No need for all this pressure to buy now or miss out on the lowest price ever! Then Logos will not feel obligated to pull discounts out of a false sense of honoring a false promise!

Posts 652
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 8 2015 2:27 PM

Bump

Posts 704
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 8 2015 4:48 PM

Keith Larson:
However, I am a more serious about the Pre-pub criticism. Face it. C.S. Lewis may very well be in next year's March Madness and be the winner of the 75% discount. Rather than making the promise that pre-pub prices will be the lowest ever Logos needs to do away with the marketing hype and just offer a price. If people like the price they will purchase, if not they will pass. No need for all this pressure to buy now or miss out on the lowest price ever! Then Logos will not feel obligated to pull discounts out of a false sense of honoring a false promise!

Good constructive criticism Keith. 

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 1581
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 12:05 PM

How about an answer from Faithlife??

Posts 652
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 1:02 PM

I sent an email to Logos. Logos responded by blaming their commitment made to prepub customers which they brake everyday of the week. Today's Twitter deal is an example. They also claim their agreement with Baker Publishing has "restrictions" on this book. 

I suspect Logos may be throwing Baker publishing under the bus so I wrote them and forwarded my correspondence with Logos with a link to this thread.

Posts 178
Ann Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 1:26 PM

Into Grace:

I sent an email to Logos. Logos responded by blaming their commitment made to prepub customers which they brake everyday of the week. Today's Twitter deal is an example. They also claim their agreement with Baker Publishing has "restrictions" on this book. 

I suspect Logos may be throwing Baker publishing under the bus so I wrote them and forwarded my correspondence with Logos with a link to this thread.

I have come across the same thing in the past, and just brushed it off. But to see someone else getting the same brush off deserves a response and encouragement. Well done, and I support you. Beer

Posts 1581
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 1:44 PM

Into Grace:

Great! So, every volume in the series is on sale besides the 1-2 Thessalonians volume. That makes absolutely no sense, nor is that advertised anywhere within the details of the sale. Zip it!

Posts 178
Ann Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 2:22 PM

Into Grace:

Today's Twitter deal is an example.

I'd encourage others to go for the today's daily deal on Twitter. An excellent deal and it is a consolation to this fiasco.

Posts 178
Ann Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 3:35 PM

I have contacted Baker about this issue, here is what I have written:

Regarding the monthly sale on Logos.com of your product Baker Exegetical Commentary series (see https://www.logos.com/product/46541/baker-exegetical-commentary-on-the-new-testament). The product page quoted mentions that we can save over 30% on the retail price for this set. Logos progressively updates this set to include newer releases from Baker. Most customers only need to upgrade this set by the one book, to the current series but Logos are not showing the same discount offer to upgrade this set as for those who are buying the set for the first time. I assume that this discount would have been global for whoever is buying this complete set, whether they are one book short, or for the first time buyers. There is a blog thread that I would direct you to for what is being hotly contested, all the while there has been no response from Logos on their own blog (see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/101797.aspx?PageIndex=1). The dynamic pricing for set owners originally had the 30% discount applied, but since this was mentioned in the blog thread, Logos have 'pulled the pin'. Is there anyone from Baker that would like to respond on this blog thread?   Your input would be much appreciated! Hopefully someone will respond (either Logos/Baker) to this issue. There seems too much silence at the moment. Anyone for toppling the establishment?
Posts 2542
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 5:06 PM

I got the official reply from FL that the dynamic price was revised upwards since "since we promised that the Pre-Pub price will always be the lowest price for product".

I cannot understand this decision at all. This is tantamount to saying that I don't get the discount because I already have 16 volumes, but someone who has no volumes gets it.

Also, members should henceforth stop tooting the horn that "XXX is cheaper than pre-pub price now", if this is how FL will react.

Page 2 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS