Home Page

Page 1 of 9 (165 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 164 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 10
LogosEmployee
Kyle | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 28 2018 10:10 PM

In Logos 8, the fully redesigned Home Page gets you into Logos quicker. Customize your launch pad for the ways you use Logos most, so you can launch right into your favorite workflows, reading plans, layouts, and more. 

We've provided information on using the Home Page here:

Feel free to use this forum thread as a place to post questions or feedback.

Posts 8430
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:11 AM

Now we just need the real thing to go live.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 204
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 9:36 AM

One thing that I really liked about the old home page and used a lot was the easy access to my reading plan.

In Logos 7 the link for today's reading took me straight to the open Bible in my current workspace at the correct locations.

In Logos 8 it opens a new workspace, I'm sure that this is configurable but how to change this is not immediately obvious to me.

Can anyone help? Please!!!

Posts 2740
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 9:46 AM

Graham Owen:

One thing that I really liked about the old home page and used a lot was the easy access to my reading plan.

In Logos 7 the link for today's reading took me straight to the open Bible in my current workspace at the correct locations.

In Logos 8 it opens a new workspace, I'm sure that this is configurable but how to change this is not immediately obvious to me.

This is a known issue.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband, Lover of Baseball!

How to upload logs

Posts 17
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 9:56 AM

Each time I launch Logos 8, I have to keep resetting the home page to 'auto' for the columns to fill my screen. It seems to default to 4 columns which is annoying as I want it wider!

Posts 715
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:01 AM

My understanding is that they're working on this...

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

www.cynthiafeenstra.net

Posts 567
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:01 AM

Dan:

Each time I launch Logos 8, I have to keep resetting the home page to 'auto' for the columns to fill my screen. It seems to default to 4 columns which is annoying as I want it wider!

Thanks, Dan. Sorry for the inconvenience, we are working on persisting this setting.

Posts 204
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:02 AM

David Taylor Jr:

Graham Owen:

This is a known issue.

Does anyone know when this will be fixed?

I accept that I can workaround this but wish that I knew about this before I took the plunge because like the Note function, where the changes were highlighted, its something that I use daily.

What is the logic for opening a new workspace? 

Posts 13
Jim Julian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 11:48 AM

How do you change Bibles now; did they do away with downloaded books info? Jim Julian

Posts 12699
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 11:53 AM

Jim Julian:

How do you change Bibles now; did they do away with downloaded books info? Jim Julian

Can you explain what you mean by "change Bibles"?

Posts 2081
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 11:56 AM

Jim Julian:

Your preferred bible is now set in the library. See the Quick Start Video on Library for further details.

In addition when you click on the menu on the left side you can see all the books downloaded or updated within a certain number of days.

Posts 13
Jim Julian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 11:58 AM

You use to have 3 Bibles to set.  How do you change to set a different Bible?

Posts 13
Jim Julian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 12:03 PM

Where are the Quickstart 8 videos?

Posts 5123
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 12:03 PM

Go box is completely neutered. Under previous versions entering a verse/ verse range automatically brought up a passage guide. Now all it does in verbum is open the bible to the verse. This is a major step back and will turn my study into a more complicated thing. I have no idea how to fix this. At thing point i really would love to downgrade to 7.

-dan

Posts 2560
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 12:03 PM

Jim Julian:

You use to have 3 Bibles to set.  How do you change to set a different Bible?

John Fidel:
Your preferred bibleSleep [are] now set in the library. See the Quick Start Video on Library for further details.

Posts 2740
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 12:07 PM

Dan Francis:

Go box is completely neutered. Under previous versions entering a verse/ verse range automatically brought up a passage guide. Now all it does in verbum is open the bible to the verse. This is a major step back and will turn my study into a more complicated thing. I have no idea how to fix this. At thing point i really would love to downgrade to 7.

-dan

Type the reference or reference range, wait one second and click "Open Passage Guide"

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband, Lover of Baseball!

How to upload logs

Posts 567
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 12:11 PM

Dan Francis:

-dan

When entering a reference, the box should provide you with a drop down menu of options. In the Layout category you will find "Open Passage to <reference>".

Posts 204
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 12:15 PM

John Fidel:

Jim Julian:

Your preferred bible is now set in the library. See the Quick Start Video on Library for further details.

In addition when you click on the menu on the left side you can see all the books downloaded or updated within a certain number of days.

It looks like upgrading to Logos 8 is going to be more painful than I anticipated and I'm starting to regret not waiting longer. I was expecting a more polished Logos 7 and was certainly not expecting to have to watch a Quick Start Video on the Library to find out how to change the preferred Bible. It's beginning to feel like a lot of stuff that was not broken in 7 has been fixed in 8.

Personally I'm not a fan of videos so what I need is a Quick Start guide to what has changed, is there such a document?

Posts 1659
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 12:16 PM

Dan Francis:

-dan

This will be fixed in 8.1. For now, you just need to hit the down arrow before hitting enter or clicking Go.

Posts 5123
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 12:19 PM

Thanks Phil and everyone who has pointed out how to get the expected results to work just not something I have been use to in the past, this minor slow down of study is not the end of the world just frustrating.

-dan

Page 1 of 9 (165 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS