Logos 4.2a Release Candidate 1 (4.21.5.0585) Available

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 22 2011 10:31 PM

Forum http://community.logos.com/forums/t/30221.aspx announced Logos 4.2a Release Candidate 1 for PC - includes several new 4.2a features

Logos 4.2a Release Candidate 1 for Mac - direct download link

Can use command "Set Update Channel to Beta" - update to Logos 4.2a - then use command "Set Update Channel to Default" to keep receiving 4.2a release candidate updates, gold stable release, and service releases.

Edit: Logos 4.2a does need a full reindex after upgrading from 4.0b, which may take several hours.

Logos 4.2a has substantial feature parity with PC - notably missing Handouts (future To Do)

Wiki page has links to release notes => http://wiki.logos.com/Mac_Release_Notes_and_History

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10631
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 23 2011 4:00 AM

The "disappearing text" bug has now disappeared! Yes And so has the crash bug that occurred when moving folders in Favorites Yes

Looking very good so far! Cool

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 23 2011 4:03 AM

Jack Caviness:
The "disappearing text" bug has now disappeared! Yes

I should hope that such a defect would have been a blocker bug before a Release Candidate could be issued Smile.

Posts 10631
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 23 2011 4:35 AM

Kevin Becker:

Jack Caviness:
The "disappearing text" bug has now disappeared! Yes

I should hope that such a defect would have been a blocker bug before a Release Candidate could be issued Smile.

It was such an annoying bug that I had to comment on its disappearance. I used a thumbs-up emoticon because there was no jumping-up-and-down-while-doing-backflips one.

Posts 2328
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 5:14 PM

Is this close to being released as part of the regular updates? And are there any overall performance improvements with it?

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 10631
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 5:25 PM

Michael Ballai:
Is this close to being released as part of the regular updates?

It should be very close. This is Release Candidate 1. If no major bugs are found, it will become the next stable release.

Michael Ballai:
And are there any overall performance improvements with it?

Yes, major ones, but I have been on the Beta so long that I do not remember what the stable release was like.

Posts 2328
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 7:22 PM

Great, thank you! I am looking forward to this update. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2
John Merritt, MD | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 8:02 PM

Clicked the above 4.2a download.

Now when I'm click Logos appl, get a signing on window for 10 seconds, then quits.  Restarted computer, still doing same thing.

Any suggestions?

John

Posts 4692
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2011 1:12 AM

Hi John

John Merritt, MD:
Any suggestions?

Resist the temptation to delete things.

Quit logos and restart the computer.

Once the computer restarts try a reinstall. Re downloading and reinstalling a second time will do no further damage. 

When you reinstall give enough time for the program to install, download any additional resources and index (a new full index is required) before trying to use it.

Best done just before going to bed.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2011 7:11 AM

John Merritt, MD:
Any suggestions?

Mac Troubleshooting wiki page has How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac - suggest starting a new thread along with posting log files

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS