This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 22725
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 9:09 AM

Hi Chris

To check this I have just set up a test notesfile as below:

I then did the search as below:

as you can see it found the notesfile.

However, it did take a few minutes for it to appear in the search results - due, I believe, to indexing.

Does this throw any light on things? 

If not, can you show a screenshot of the relevant note and the search you are using?

Thanks, Graham

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 9:13 AM

Odd - I tried the same thing and couldn't get it to come up.  Maybe I need to force an index?  Here are my screenshots:

First the note:

Now the search:

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 9:20 AM

Now it shows up for my test file - it did take a few minutes, as you said.  Strange that the indexing icon never showed up.

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 22725
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 9:27 AM

Glad its working now.

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 10:06 AM

Okay - so now a question on how to get hyperlinks to work correctly in Word.  I was able to copy the Word document into a note without problem.  But I'm trying to create a new Word document with different content and hyperlinks that can be copied into a note.  However, Word for Mac 2008 is giving me problems.

For instance:  I'm trying to create a hyperlink for the Bible reference of 1 Samuel 25.  Here's what it looks like when I create the hyperlink:

However, immediately afterword, Word changes the hyperlink to a local-file reference.  If I re-open the hyperlink edit box, this is what I get:

That obviously becomes something that is unrecognizable by Logos.  Can I not create notes in Word 2008?

Posts 22725
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 10:08 AM

Hi Chris

Suggest it best you post a new note regarding this in the Mac forum.

It would probably get best traction there

Graham

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 10:29 AM

Ebbe Andréasson:
I'm using Open Office and if copying your document to a notefile it will losing all links. My workaround is to paste it into a Libronix/Logos 3 note file and then import the note file to Logos 4.

I assume this explains my problems with George Somsel's index of the ECF. I'm not using OpenOffice, but I am using NeoOffice, which is based on OpenOffice. The links are there in NeoOffice, and they are there the first few minutes in Logos, but then they disappear. And the same thing happens when I try this file. 

Since I'm on Mac, none of the solutions offered so far is available for me: I don't have L3, and I don't have IE. Anyone who can think of a third way? Not that I need this file, not having the resource, but I'm assuming that a solution that works for this, would also work for the index, since the problem behind seems to be the same.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 10:56 AM

New thread created at:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/32687.aspx

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS