Highlighting and notes a needed feature.

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 31 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 32
Chris Negron | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 28 2011 6:32 AM

Although I think Vyrso is a great idea, highlighting and notes has to be a feature. One of the great things about the other eBook readers is the ability to highlight and take notes and then go back and look through your notes/highlighting. I do it with paper books as many people do and it really needs to be part of a eReader. I'm not sure of the technical hurdles that need to be overcome but this should be a high priority item.

Posts 15709
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2011 6:44 AM

Chris - 

You are absolutely right, the Vyrso app needs to include these features. I do want to point out, however, that you can do these things with the Vyrso books in Logos. The usability of the books will only get better when you can do these "in app" too.

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 7478
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2011 7:08 AM

I'm sure this is coming. It's been discussed on the iPhone forums several times in relation to the Logos iPhone app, and I can't believe it wouldn't be added to Vyrso at the same time.

Posts 12
Luke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2011 5:54 PM

Okay, so when I saw this app I thought, awesome, maybe this is logos' answer to the fact that their iPad app has neither highlighting nor notes.  I immediately downloaded the app and... well, you know.  It doesn't have anything more than the current logos app.  It has less.  But, I have some hope.  Highlighting and notes have got to come soon... right? (And syncing those notes to Evernote would be great.  I know that "other" iPad Bible software app does that, but that doesn't mean that logos can't.  Please, please, please!)

Posts 2417
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2011 6:04 PM

Luther Herche:

Highlighting and notes have got to come soon... right? (And syncing those notes to Evernote would be great.  I know that "other" iPad Bible software app does that, but that doesn't mean that logos can't.  Please, please, please!)

Syncing back to our Logos Library would be even better.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org | hantla.com/blog

Posts 1202
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 30 2011 11:33 AM

Highlighting and notes are coming very soon for both the Logos and Vyrso mobile applications. We're presently behind the other mobile eBook readers in that area, but when we release we'll suddenly be miles ahead. :-)

You'll have the power of Logos 4's highlighting and notes, including the graphical highlight styles and the ability to have multiple note files. And, soon, the ability to share your notes and highlights with groups, or the whole world.

Posts 2417
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 30 2011 1:31 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Highlighting and notes are coming very soon for both the Logos and Vyrso mobile applications. We're presently behind the other mobile eBook readers in that area, but when we release we'll suddenly be miles ahead. :-)

You'll have the power of Logos 4's highlighting and notes, including the graphical highlight styles and the ability to have multiple note files. And, soon, the ability to share your notes and highlights with groups, or the whole world.

Bob, this post makes me very happy!

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org | hantla.com/blog

Posts 33
John Crupper | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2011 11:33 AM

Can't even begin to say how glad I am to hear this!

Thanks!

Blessings,

John Crupper

Posts 444
Garrett Mercury | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2011 11:43 AM

Bob! You made my heart leap for joy! I hope "soon" means very soon and not months! Thanks for the REALLY good news!

Posts 222
Bob Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2011 5:45 PM

Bob Pritchett:
coming very soon

Really glad to hear this!!  Any way to get a definition or estimate of when?  :)

River of Life Church: http://LifeOverflowing.org

Visit my blog: http://LifeOverflowing.org/pastor

Posts 13037
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2011 10:40 PM

Bob Turner:

Bob Pritchett:
coming very soon

Really glad to hear this!!  Any way to get a definition or estimate of when?  :)

Apologies, not know "very soon" timeframe (nearer than "soon" promised earlier).  Logos 4.3 Beta 6 (released 31 May) included sync updates:

Tonya J Ross: The re-writing of the sync feature is being done in order to pave the way for some exciting future features (groups, sharing, collaboration, etc.)

Speculating sync update could include Logos mobile applications so "very soon" may be in conjunction with Logos 4.3 stable release so can sync highlighting and notes between mobile devices and Logos 4, which would be "miles ahead" Geeked

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 43
DocKanz | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2011 3:51 AM

Jacob Hantla:

Bob, this post makes me very happy!

Me too!Big Smile

Posts 27
Chad Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 20 2011 11:53 AM

Ever since the initial launch of the iPhone app, I've been waiting to hear these words! Thanks Bob.

Posts 2417
Forum MVP
Posts 43
DocKanz | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2011 2:48 PM

Jacob Hantla:

The status of the uservoice entry just changed to "started":

-Jacob

Yes

Posts 23
Graham B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 4 2011 1:17 AM

"You'll have the power of Logos 4's highlighting and notes, including the graphical highlight styles and the ability to have multiple note files. And, soon, the ability to share your notes and highlights with groups, or the whole world."

I am SO looking forward to the inclusion of these features and can't wait for the update to become available!

Posts 21
Ellie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 6:22 AM

Hope the enhancement to add notes and highlights will include being able to sync with Logos. For example, if I highlight something in a book on Logos and then open it in Vyrso, I'll be able to see my highlights...and of course, vice versa.

Posts 2365
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2011 1:27 AM

Sorry I wont hold my breath, especially in the 2 months since this Bob replied (YES 2 MONTHS, 2 months is not very soon... except relative to eternity) Olivetree has raised the bar yet again, (and we still dont have basic highlighting) in their latest iphone app the highlighting almost as good as my Logos 4 Desktop, I only hope this is a promise that Logos will finally deliver on.. that it comes to fruition... I view myself as a patient man, but its wearing thin, very thin.. I am looking for that glimmer of light.. honestly.. so dont mention notes..Stick out tongue

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 16410
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 10:37 PM

DominicM:
Sorry I wont hold my breath, especially in the 2 months since this Bob replied (YES 2 MONTHS, 2 months is not very soon.

3 months... so it must be soon!

However I won't be holding my breath for Notes; I'll let you guys have the trauma of testing thatStick out tongue  Actually, I thought Vyrso was a Reader and Logos(mobile) was the application.

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 2411
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 3:54 PM

Dave Hooton:
3 months... so it must be soon!

'Soon' for a software developer has different meaning to what it has for end users..... that speak of quarters...... I think soon equates to four quarters and very soon equates to two quarters....well at least we are now testing changes in the parent app (desktop) that are going to allow this to all happen ......."very soon".

Rule 263 of LBS...No end user shall know the hour, nor the day referred to when we say 'soon' - because we are still trying to work it out also.

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS