I'm blown away at the power of L4: a skeptic repents

Page 6 of 6 (109 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
This post has 108 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 8645
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 6:07 AM

Otto S. Carroll:

Add my name to the list of those who have become more impressed with Logos 4 as I dig deeper into it. I was expecting a souped up version of L3. Now that I'm completely over the fact that it is not L3, I'm beginning to see that L4 is much better than L3. The Library feature alone  in L4 is so powerful that I no longer feel the need to go through every single resource I have, putting each of them in some sort of collection, in order to know all the different types or resources I have and the subject matter each covered - as I did in L3. So I will refrain from making any  "it's not like L3" judgments...so far I am discovering the L4 provides me with a lot more than L3 and I'm only begun to scratch the surface.

Otto,

That was so fun to read, I quoted it so I can read it again.  The fact that L4 is not L3 is an astute observation.  Welcome to reality.  Smile

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 134
Joel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 6:08 AM

Since this thread is being added to again, I'll also mention how much I like the improvements to the bible reading plan. L3's one was quite lacking- L4's is just superb.

Posts 10746
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 6:22 AM

Joel:
I'll also mention how much I like the improvements to the bible reading plan. L3's one was quite lacking- L4's is just superb.

Agree. Thank you, Logos for that and so many other improvements

Posts 55
Glenn F | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 1:28 PM

The only thing I can't figure out about the reading plan on L4 Vs. L3 is how to make it stop at a pericope or chapter boundary. L4 especiall on Psalms and Proverbs only gives me a few verses at a time.

Hmmm, maybe I should start a new thread for this.Embarrassed

HP DV7-3085dx Laptop, Intel i7 @ 1.6 Ghz, 6 Gigs of DDR3 memory, GeForce 230M Video with 1 Gig memory, 500 Gig HD, 17" Display, Windows 7

Scholars Platinum.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 3:52 AM

Glenn,

you can put in your desired verses for each day separated by a comma and each day separated by a pipe (that little line thing over the backlash on your keyboard)

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 29715
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 3:35 PM

Robert Pavich:
you can put in your desired verses for each day separated by a comma and each day separated by a pipe

I'd taken your word on this when I ate my words ... but I think I misunderstood your instructions. It appears to me that a comma indicates a sequential set of readings and a pipe indicates a parallel set of readings. Simplified Ge 1-3, Ex 3|Ps 2-5 as a 2 day plan yields Day 1: Ge 1-2, Ps 2-3 Day 2: Ge 3, Ex 3, Ps 4-5. Is there a way to indicate a day break? That is what I really, really need.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 4:07 PM

Martha,

you can check off the days of the week you plan to read...

This:

Results in this:

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 29715
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 4:26 PM

Robert Pavich:
you can check off the days of the week you plan to read..

Yes, but what I want to do is set up Monday, Mt 1:1-7,18; Tuesday, Mt 7:19-12:38; Wednesday, Mt 12:28-18:35 ... Because L4 knows that I am a mere, fallible person things who is prone to error, it decides on Monday, Mt 1:1-7:29; Tuesday, Mt 8-12:37; Wednesday Mt 12:38-19:30. I can get it to believe I know what I mean when it comes to what days I want to read. I can't get it to believe I know what I want to read. It may be time to break out my Bill the Cat t-shirt.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 4:42 PM

MJ. Smith:

Robert Pavich:
you can check off the days of the week you plan to read..

Yes, but what I want to do is set up Monday, Mt 1:1-7,18; Tuesday, Mt 7:19-12:38; Wednesday, Mt 12:28-18:35 ... Because L4 knows that I am a mere, fallible person things who is prone to error, it decides on Monday, Mt 1:1-7:29; Tuesday, Mt 8-12:37; Wednesday Mt 12:38-19:30. I can get it to believe I know what I mean when it comes to what days I want to read. I can't get it to believe I know what I want to read. It may be time to break out my Bill the Cat t-shirt.

For reading plans that I specified specific readings that could not be generated automatically, I've just always entered the readings directly in my calendaring software (in my case iCal but Outlook or even Google Calendar would work fine also).

Page 6 of 6 (109 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS