Retiring the Send-to-Kindle Feature on 3/31

Page 8 of 9 (163 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
This post has 162 Replies | 25 Followers

Posts 44
Mikael S | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 12:04 AM

If I order a Kindle Paperwhite new now, I will have very little time to get it filled up with books. As I'm reading about some others doing this in batches - does that mean that is the only way to currently do it i.e. does it mean I wouldn't be able to do one big batch with everything I want to send to the Paperwhite? I know about the delay caused by the demand and the server being the bottleneck and am OK with that part.
If I would do one big batch, so I need more RAM than the minimum in the computer with Logos? (Currently 4 GB, some of my other computers need service badly and can't be used for this. I could perhaps try to fix the error on my MacBook - which has 6 GB RAM. If more RAM really is needed I have the option of using my newest (and best) computer with Wifi this time, it has 8 GB RAM.)
I will be able to leave the Paperwhite powered on if that helps but I doubt it helps a lot.

translatio-princpld...
10 Bibls.. Supporting the cause of the right for data

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 12:30 AM

Mikael S:

If I order a Kindle Paperwhite new now, I will have very little time to get it filled up with books. As I'm reading about some others doing this in batches - does that mean that is the only way to currently do it i.e. does it mean I wouldn't be able to do one big batch with everything I want to send to the Paperwhite? I know about the delay caused by the demand and the server being the bottleneck and am OK with that part.
If I would do one big batch, so I need more RAM than the minimum in the computer with Logos? (Currently 4 GB, some of my other computers need service badly and can't be used for this. I could perhaps try to fix the error on my MacBook - which has 6 GB RAM. If more RAM really is needed I have the option of using my newest (and best) computer with Wifi this time, it has 8 GB RAM.)
I will be able to leave the Paperwhite powered on if that helps but I doubt it helps a lot.

You can send as many files as you need to Kindle, and all the processing is done on Logos' servers. Once the request is sent, your own computer won't be needed, and you can safely switch it (and your Kindle) off.

You don't even need to wait for your Paperwhite to arrive before you start. If you download one of the Kindle apps, you can get a "Send to Kindle" address for that device. Just make sure that "Personal Document Archiving" is switched on, and then when your Kindle arrives you'll be able to download any items previously sent to Kindle on that new device. https://www.amazon.com/mn/dcw/myx.html#/home/settings/payment 

Posts 1
Sharon Davidson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 2:29 PM

I haven't had any books delivered to my Kindle since April 9th, despite sending books everyday since then.  Is anyone else having success?  I'm wondering if it's just the large number of people sending books, some new problem that cropped up, or something going on on my end.

Posts 67
Bill Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 14 2016 4:53 AM

I've been having success moving the last of my books over to my Kindle before its inaccessible.  In fact, I've been delivering books to my Kindle almost every day this week (even last night).  I would guess its something on your end.

Posts 2
Jake Putich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 14 2016 4:58 AM

Hi there. I'm sorry to see this feature is being retired. I've been trying to send some of my books over to my Kindle in recent days, but with no success. I'm receiving a perpetual "Kindle Upload in Progress" indicator. Could you please help me? I'm very eager to get my books transferred before I'm prohibited from doing so. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Posts 1933
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 14 2016 5:18 AM

I seem to be having a similar issue.  I do not see the many books I uploaded on the kindle

Posts 125
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 9:52 AM

Jake Putich:

Hi there. I'm sorry to see this feature is being retired. I've been trying to send some of my books over to my Kindle in recent days, but with no success. I'm receiving a perpetual "Kindle Upload in Progress" indicator. Could you please help me? I'm very eager to get my books transferred before I'm prohibited from doing so. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Jake and fellow users, as long as you are seeing the "Kindle Upload in Progress" indicator, these books should deliver to Kindle just fine. My experience has been about a four day lag between send request and final download to Kindle, but the resources are arriving. You may also want to reference the listed books at Amazon > Manage Your Content & Devices > Your Content > Show: Docs. My experience has been that books appear there somewhat before they download to the device.

Thanks again to Faithlife for the extension on this feature - clearly many more users will succeed in transferring significant numbers of Logos resources because of it.   

Grace and peace. <><

Posts 1933
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 11:07 AM

Thanks Robert

Posts 431
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 11:46 AM

Robert:

Jake Putich:

Jake and fellow users, as long as you are seeing the "Kindle Upload in Progress" indicator, these books should deliver to Kindle just fine. My experience has been about a four day lag between send request and final download to Kindle, but the resources are arriving. You may also want to reference the listed books at Amazon > Manage Your Content & Devices > Your Content > Show: Docs. My experience has been that books appear there somewhat before they download to the device.

Thanks again to Faithlife for the extension on this feature - clearly many more users will succeed in transferring significant numbers of Logos resources because of it.   

Grace and peace. <><

Same here, Robert. Yes A bunch of books even came through a few days or so after I had clicked "Send to Kindle" and subsequently upgraded to the new Logos 6.11 RC, which removes the "Send to Kindle" feature. Thankfully, I have an older laptop running Logos 6.10 that I can still use if I decide to send anything else in the next couple days.

Posts 125
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 12:13 PM

Adam Olean:

Same here, Robert. Yes A bunch of books even came through a few days or so after I had clicked "Send to Kindle" and subsequently upgraded to the new Logos 6.11 RC, which removes the "Send to Kindle" feature. Thankfully, I have an older laptop running Logos 6.10 that I can still use if I decide to send anything else in the next couple days.

Adam, that is great to hear. It seems that given what I'm sure is unprecedented StK demand, the queue is working. I'm sure the lag time will increase somewhat from here on, but we can be relatively sure that what we send before the deadline will arrive, even if days after the deadline. Thanks again to FL handling this unexpected feature retirement well, all in all.

Grace and peace. <><  

Posts 59
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2016 12:19 PM

Alas it is gone Sad

Clint Scott   Author | Humble Majesty   www.humblemajesty.com
Posts 22
Kernel Sanders | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2016 2:34 AM

And still no information from FL as how theyre gonna handle that in the future. 
I understand that FL does not want to give out .mobi or .epub files because of copyright issues. But in regards to all those customers here that said they will not buy monographs and other books on the Logos store anymore and switch to Amazon instead, I think FL is only harming themselves. 

Posts 4
Michael Sztanyo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2016 9:18 AM
Oh no! I just caught the change in the updated software. This was one of my favorite features! My eyes loved the chance to get away from the computer screen! Now I will only have a handful of my books on my kindle, and we've lost the chance to add any more. This is really too bad.
Posts 1886
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2016 10:45 AM

Michael Sztanyo:
we've lost the chance to add any more

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/124007.aspx

-Donnie

Posts 1
Douglas Inawashiro | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2016 8:56 AM

I think that the best solution might be for faithlife to produce their own ebook reader with E INk! 

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2016 12:46 PM

Douglas Inawashiro:

I think that the best solution might be for faithlife to produce their own ebook reader with E INk! 

Why limit it to e-ink. Though I use an e-ink reader at times, I prefer the colored e-reader screens. Let's have both.

Better yet, FaithLife should improve their Android reader. Of all the e-readers I own, it is the slowest of the bunch. 

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 4
Charles Earle Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 4:41 PM

I'm fairly certain, having sent some prior resource portions to Kindle previously (a few months ago), that the bible verse cross-ref. links that already exist in the Resource itself will also function to some degree on Kindle.  That's a real boon to studying fairly well on one resource, at times when it's not convenient to carry your laptop, etc.  I believe that exports to Word, which then get can be sent to Kindle outside of Logos, are more static (i.e. links dropped), i.e. do not carry such popup "dexterity", but just show the verse reference (as e.g. "Jn. 3:16").  

Posts 2
LofiDigital Monk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2016 11:59 AM

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We'll consider your feedback as we plan further improvements. Customer feedback like yours is always important to us. I'll be sure to pass your message along to the appropriate department as we continue to improve the Kindle experience for our customers.

You can send your request here:

http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-mi?c=chgradba3650317638&q=o2r

Your request will be delivered to our appropriate department and you will be receiving a response from them within 24 hours.

LET'S START EMAILING FOLKS

Posts 24739
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2016 4:21 PM

Pastor Pat:
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

See https://community.logos.com/forums/t/128070.aspx for proper context i.e. a response from Amazon to Pat

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1
Mishka | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2017 9:49 PM

That's not a bad idea...

Page 8 of 9 (163 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > | RSS