Page 8 of 11 (209 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
This post has 208 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 28246
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 30 2017 9:11 AM

David Gayle Woods:
Tapping ”Mark Read” for a scripture reading results in a swiping left animation that would seem to indicate I had switched window panes, but I had not switched panes.

Actually, you have. There is a bug where a new tab is created, so it really did "switch panes." In my opinion, it is a pain! 

David Gayle Woods:
Is drag and drop functionality for iOS 11 coming soon?

Nothing mentioned. 

David Gayle Woods:
When reading and scrolling, I find the top toolbar continually comes down and obscures the first few lines.

yes, annoying! 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1240
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 30 2017 1:12 PM

Dear Faithlife friends, 

PLEASE! Is there anyway Mobile Ed videos can launch in NON-full screen mode. It would be nice to be able to watch the video and take notes ALL INSIDE THE APP, without having to do a split screen with the iOS app and the Web App, as we must do now.

Im not sure who made the decision to force full screen only on us, but, in my opinion, it was a poor one. At this point all one can do is WATCH...one can't take notes, highlight, read long in the transcripts, look up Bible verses in a Bible...nothing. Just....watch. Ugh, 

This was brought up several times previously over the last couple years. I was hoping this would be addressed in 6.xxx. Why not?? 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 19
David Gayle Woods | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 7:52 AM

Concerning the “Mark Read”… I’ve been watching this more, and what appears to happen is that if you have multiple windows of the same Bible open, it switches you from the window pane you are on to another one. I am not seeing it actually open up a new pane. And, if you close the other panes of the same Bible, it is not opening a new one for me.

Also, a little more concerning the problem of the devotional not opening from the home screen… if the devotional is not active in a window pane, it will open. But if the devotional is open already, it will not work. I do not have the devotional downloaded for LogosNext; I am not sure if that has anything to do with this behavior (I have had internet connection throughout, so that is not the issue).

Posts 226
LogosEmployee
Daniel Di Bartolo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 2:13 PM

Myke Harbuck:

Im not sure who made the decision to force full screen only on us, but, in my opinion, it was a poor one. At this point all one can do is WATCH...one can't take notes, highlight, read long in the transcripts, look up Bible verses in a Bible...nothing. Just....watch. Ugh,

As you mentioned, this is an often suggested feature-- and something that we should definitely have. Improvements to the Mobile Ed experience are one of our priorities in the next year. 

Posts 28246
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 2:37 PM

David Gayle Woods:
And, if you close the other panes of the same Bible, it is not opening a new one for me.

OK, I am seeing this now, which means that the original bug has been fixed. Good news! The bug you found, however, still needs to be fixed. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 50
Davy Wang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 9:23 PM

Hi Daniel Di Bartolo,

This is David Wang, a long time Logos user of PC & Android devices.

So happy that your excellent team is creating an even better app for users.

I'm really looking forward that it contains one function for us. Is it possible to add the chang contents fonts function to LogosNext V6 ?

Especially in Android platform, just let it can choose Android embedded system fonts ( or can with additional function that allow user to define the fonts' patch, then utilize the fonts in the app ).

If it's possible would be great help for long time reading in Android devices.

Thank you very much!

Best regards.

David.

Posts 158
Richard Bonjour | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 5 2017 9:29 AM

Daniel, I would love to be envoled for the public beta release as well. Was envoled in the other format betas, and would like to be apart of this as well. 

Posts 130
Andrew116 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 5 2017 10:19 PM

Trying the new update. The animation of opening a new tab and changing tabs by swiping is really great. Much easier to visualise what is happening. 

The highlighting  bug is back however. 

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 5 2017 10:57 PM

Daniel Di Bartolo:

Provide feedback and bug reports on LogosNext V6 here. You need to be invited to join the LogosNext Beta. We'll be releasing a public Beta soon. 

Hi Daniel, could I please be invited to join this Beta as well? Thanks! André Kamphuis

Posts 2756
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 10 2017 5:29 AM

I’ve noticed that on my iPad Pro, the syncing of the screens is great. I have my Bible and note open in one screen and commentary on another one. However, I hate having to tap to bring up the toolbar at the bottom where I can switch screens. I can use a two finger swipe to switch quickly, but that’s not obvious. I’d like to be able to turn on the toolbars and leave them on all the time. I think that was possible on the current stable release. If it is on the Next beta, I can’t find it.

Posts 19
David Gayle Woods | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 10 2017 7:41 AM

With the most recent beta, tapping on the devotional reading from the homescreen will open the devotional, but then you are immediately taken back to the homescreen - causing a bit of visual whiplash.

Concerning the image of the day… if you have the app in splitview, taking up 1/3rd of the screen and tap the image (which has been resized to fit the available width) to view it by itself, the image in the window now opened is cut off. I played around with opening some of the images from other apps while in splitview. Those images are cut off a bit, but also seem to resize somewhat so that they don’t appear to be cut off as bad. But… the difference may be more in that the image of the day is landscape orientation and these other images are more portrait sized.

Posts 112
Dave Couch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 10 2017 8:07 AM

David Couch:

Is there still the ability to open an image (e.g. a map in a study bible) full screen? I couldn't figure it out last night.

This is fixed in the latest release Big Smile

Posts 109
Gavin Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 10 2017 9:26 AM

I really wish you could still have a half-screen resource hide all the way. You can only go so far down.  Any chance?

Posts 22658
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 10 2017 9:55 AM

Hi Gavin

If you go into the “workplace switcher” screen you should be able to remove the split screen totally. Click the “x” at the top of the split area

Posts 109
Gavin Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 10 2017 10:02 AM

Graham Criddle:
If you go into the “workplace switcher” screen you should be able to remove the split screen totally. Click the “x” at the top of the split area

Thanks Graham, 

Although, I would still like to be able to swipe up to see it.

For instance, it would be sweet to have an ESV/ESV Study Bible "workspace" and then be able to double-finger swipe to an NIV/NIV Study Bible "workspace". I just don't want to have to see the Study Bible part at all times. 

Does that make sense?

Posts 22658
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 10 2017 10:18 AM

Yes, that makes a lot of sense. And your example is very helpful.

Sounds like a good idea

Posts 109
Gavin Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 10 2017 10:36 AM

Graham Criddle:
Sounds like a good idea

Yes

Posts 1517
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 12:42 PM

David Couch:

David Couch:

Is there still the ability to open an image (e.g. a map in a study bible) full screen? I couldn't figure it out last night.

Oh wow, what a nice surprise. Double tap on an image to open it full screen, and it's zoomable. Thanks for implementing this improvement!!

I tend to think a single short tap should be enough to open the view up.

Posts 605
John Fugh, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 1:29 PM

I know it’s been mentioned, but I can’t seem to find a response.... LogosNext crashes every time I try to make a clipping. 

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 3:11 PM

Fr Devin Roza:

David Couch:

David Couch:

Oh wow, what a nice surprise. Double tap on an image to open it full screen, and it's zoomable. Thanks for implementing this improvement!!

I tend to think a single short tap should be enough to open the view up.

This is still resource-specific, I take it? I've tried with the first 5 images I came across in the Cultural Background Study Bible without any luck, and I'm definitely on the latest beta.

Page 8 of 11 (209 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS