WordSearch Users what have you found that you like or like better in Logos

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 21
Bill McVicker | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 26 2020 2:27 PM

While we have features that we do indeed miss in WS (Zipscript, for example) and have a post dedicated to things we miss...  I felt maybe it'd be a good idea to have an area to post the things that we found that we liked better about LOGOS.  That other WS users might find interesting.

1) I like the responsiveness of LOGOS when I open many resources... WS would occasionally get messed up if I opened too many resources at one time.  When I asked WS support about this, they said officially they supported only 24 resources at once... (I regularly found myself going well over that)

2) It's seems to be able to support as many displays as you have without having to click a 2nd display window button

3) The ability to adjust how our resources are viewed on a per resource basis.  

4) The Passage guide has some amazing details in it

Posts 8
Dan Langston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2020 2:43 PM

1. Sermon file, amazing sermon tool, creates slides on the side, is updated immediately on the Ipad, phone, and web app. Excellent for the sermon preaching event.

2. Highlighting customizations

3. Passage Lists, great place to keep a record of serrches and you can add verses from different books on the fly, as well as verses embedded in commentaries

4. Clippings hold source information and quotes

5. Visual filters that can be turned on or off

6. Right and left cycle through resources of ANY type, Bibles, dictionaries, commentaries

7. inline search in a panel

8. Multiple resource display in a panel

9. Power lookup with any resource of verses, then can save to a passage list.

10. Exegetical guide will do an instant word study with hyperlinks on EVERY WORD

Posts 14
Wheatpenny | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2020 6:24 PM

There are several things related to highlighting and note-taking that I like better in Logos:

I like the fact that you can make your highlighting carry over across all your Bibles.

I also like the fact that highlights and notes are automatically backed up to Logos' server so if I have to reinstall I don't lose any of them. (In wordsearch you have to back them up manually then remember to copy your backups to another location so if you have to reinstall you MIGHT get your notes and highlighting back).

Related to that, I like the fact that my notes and highlighting are also on my Tablet app (wordsearch tablet app doesn't have that feature) .

And of course there's all the different highlighting/underlining styles.  Wordsearch lets you highlight in different colours but that's it.

“It cannot be that the people should grow in grace unless they give themselves to reading. A reading people will always be a knowing people. ”

― John Wesley

Posts 102
The Flanary's | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2020 8:42 PM

#1 Community!- This community is amazing.
After that, Sermon editor, Morphology highlighting, Sentence Diagraming....
These are the first to come to mind, but every time I watch another webinar I find more fascinating features, so this list may get much longer.
 If anyone didn't get Morris Proctor's webinar, you really need to. The 30day free code he gives in it will get you access to detailed tutorials on whatever interests you. Camp Logos is a definite must, imho
https://community.logos.com/forums/t/193971.aspx

Posts 23
John Patterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2020 5:15 AM

I am really enjoying the Visual Filter system. I can customize it show that certain words and groups of words covering a topic are automatically highlighted as I read the Bible text.

Overall, I am happy with Logos and don't miss WS much. I am not a power user like pastors and teachers are. But I find Logos to be much more useful for my personal Bible study than WS was.

Posts 19001
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2020 5:27 AM

John Patterson:
I am really enjoying the Visual Filter system. I can customize it show that certain words and groups of words covering a topic are automatically highlighted as I read the Bible text.

Visual Filter highlighting is my favorite feature. Thread => more inductive symbols discussion includes screen shots showing many Visual Filters combined together. For digital Bible Study, can insert Inductive Precept Images instead of "writing" on top of words (easier to read words).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 177
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2020 12:47 PM

I love tagging. I tag my books, I tag my notes, etc, and that helps me find things faster. I can just go to the library and enter mytag:anger, and all the books I have that talk about anger come up immediately so I can find that one I knew I had but for which I cannot remember the name. I love resources with study or discussion questions, so I have all those types tagged a certain way so I can find them when studying certain topics, etc.  

BTW, I can't wait for Adult Questions for Lessonmaker to come over. LOL

Thanks, Carla

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS