Precept Bible Study set up

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 49 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 9:48 AM

I do have a widescreen...I believe the highlighting toolbar is a fixed size and can't be resized.  Sorry Sad

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 9:57 AM

Ron Keyston Jr:

I do have a widescreen...I believe the highlighting toolbar is a fixed size and can't be resized.  Sorry Sad

It opens automatically in a fixed size column. However, If you drag the tab to a new location its size can be customized. Or if you drag the word "Highlighting" from the Tools menu you can place it in your layout like a book or guide etc.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 9:59 AM

Kevin Becker:
It opens automatically in a fixed size column. However, If you drag the tab to a new location its size can be customized. Or if you drag the word "Highlighting" from the Tools menu you can place it in your layout like a book or guide etc.

I stand corrected...I guess I should have checked before I answered. Embarrassed

Thanks Kevin

Posts 11
Tal Prince | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 21 2010 9:29 AM

I like your layout and have done my best to duplicate it. One problem I'm having - I have my other Bible set up for hyperlinks etc., but it also is displaying my highlights. I notice yours does not seem to be doing that - can you help me out, please? What am I missing?

I love Precept and am excited to try it on Logos. My mother was a Precept teacher back in the early days of the organization. 

Thanks!

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 21 2010 12:00 PM

Tal Prince:
I like your layout and have done my best to duplicate it. One problem I'm having - I have my other Bible set up for hyperlinks etc., but it also is displaying my highlights. I notice yours does not seem to be doing that - can you help me out, please? What am I missing?

Nothing, this is a limitation of Logos, if you have multiple copies of a resource open the visual filters displayed will be the same between the two of them. The reason why the picture in question doesn't have have highlights is likely because that passage hadn't been marked up yet. You could get around this by using a different translation for the Bible hyperlinks.

Posts 11
Tal Prince | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 21 2010 12:09 PM

Thanks Kevin - that is helpful. Disappointing, but helpful. 

Do you know of a place where I can find a fuller Precept markup pallet? Is it possible to import one if such a thing exists?

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 21 2010 12:54 PM

Tal Prince:
Do you know of a place where I can find a fuller Precept markup pallet? Is it possible to import one if such a thing exists?

You can't import other people's palettes into your copy of Logos. However you can create your own palette (first duplicating the existing Precept palette to save time - right click on the palette name to do so). You can find more in this video, or on the Wiki.

Posts 128
jwsheets | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 21 2010 1:38 PM

You can import other pallets, though its not supported :-). Check this one out @http://www.stilltruth.com/blog/normanjd/import-utility-logos-4-palettes

Posts 11
Tal Prince | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 22 2010 8:37 AM

Mark Barnes:

Tal Prince:

You can't import other people's palettes into your copy of Logos. However you can create your own palette (first duplicating the existing Precept palette to save time - right click on the palette name to do so). You can find more in this video, or on the Wiki.

Thanks so much Mark! I appreciate that. It will take a long time to create all the different markings, but should be worth it!

Posts 11
Tal Prince | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 22 2010 8:39 AM

jwsheets:

You can import other pallets, though its not supported :-). Check this one out @http://www.stilltruth.com/blog/normanjd/import-utility-logos-4-palettes

Hey JW,

Thanks for that! I took a look, and those instructions don't seem to be working for me. I have Logos 4 for Mac, and can't find that visualmarkup.bp file anywhere on my system. I'll check over there to see if there's a work around at all, or something that I'm just missing.

Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS