Logos 4 will not open

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
Jacob Wilmoth | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 26 2010 9:15 PM

I have a mac book pro with 10.6.4 and 2g memory and 2.26GHz processor.  I have Logos 4 instaled and have used it for about a month or so and now it will not open.  I click on the logos symbol in the dock and it signs in, then opens and plays the music, then closes and opens a very small window with my last project, then it closes and every time I try to open logos it goes through the same process.  I have tried restarting my computer, then open logos but still does the same thing. please help i am a bit frustrated.  i attached the zip file as requested.  thanks jake wilmoth  email jtw@ccbi.ac.nz

26323.Archive.zip

2727.Archive 2.zip

Posts 5551
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 1:51 AM

Jacob

Until the Developers get a chance to inspect your logs.

May I ask if you have tried opening Logos with the Command (  ) Key held down and then selecting use blank layout?

It may get you started.

If you get Logos to open then you might try making sure that the programme opens to the Home Page for now.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 51
Richard Labelle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:12 AM

I have the latest version of Logos 4 Mac. I don't know what happened but I tried to open Logos this morning but it will not log in. All that it does it to show the Signing in grey rectangle with the wheel turning for about 2 second and then disappear leaving Logos 4 unopen. I tried to restart my computer but no effect. Anyone else experiencing this today? I have an iMac 27" (late 2010) 8gb ram 2T hd and SSD drive. Thanks to all. This forum is great!

God bless you!

... pursuing excellence in Christ Jesus!

Posts 39
John Morgan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:16 AM

I am having the exact same problem.  I have Parallels and Logos will open there but not on the Mac side. 

Posts 39
John Morgan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:18 AM

I am having the same problem all the other men are having.  I tried your suggestion and it doesn't work.

I can open Logos through Parallels but not in the Mac side.

Posts 248
Daniel Arnott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:20 AM

Same problem here!!! And this is meant to be a stable final release.....shocking

Posts 188
Si | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:23 AM

Same issue here: Logos does not open from dock.  The sign in box appears, but Logos does not open.  Finally, I held the command key down when the program was launching, and L4 opened after I clicked sign in.  

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:25 AM

There was a security patch for ASP.NET that was applied to our login server that re-does the way our authentication cookies are handled.

If you hold down the Cmd key while logging in, you'll get a login window that will allow you to re-login.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 25
Billy Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:26 AM

Looks like there is some problem with the server system at Logos.  Or an update that was recently released.  My Mac is doing the same thing.  Obviously this is not an isolated issue.  Sure would like to see a Logos person respond to this thread!

I did notice that an updated was loaded yesterday afternoon to my machine.

Posts 13
Bill Jastram | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:26 AM

I'm having the exact same problem.

Posts 2
Jesse Fortson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:27 AM

Same problem here too. 

Posts 25
Billy Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:28 AM

Thanks for the response.  Got mine to open.

Posts 7
Gary cheaney | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:33 AM

Same problem.  Tried the command key many times still no response.

13260.Archive.zip

Posts 15
Stephen Koehn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:59 AM

Thanks, Mr. Philpot (a Logos person) and Mr. Binks!

Holding the command key while opening Logos 4 Mac in Applications did bring up the proper window and I was able to re-login and now open up without a hitch.

Thanks for your help!

Shalom,

Stephen

Posts 1
Paul Lewandowski | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 10:49 AM

Thank you. Worked wonderfully.

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 11:21 AM

Just wanted to follow-up on this thread and say that our authentication servers have been updated so that the app no longer crashes. The login screen should show up automatically, whether or not you hold down the command key. It should only come up once, to allow you to log in and grab a new token.

See: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/25235.aspx for a tiny bit more detail.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 5551
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 11:49 AM

Is this what has made all the forum posts come up marked as unread?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 1:46 PM

Mike Binks:

Is this what has made all the forum posts come up marked as unread?

Yes.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2010 3:41 PM

Cameron Watters:

Just wanted to follow-up on this thread and say that our authentication servers have been updated so that the app no longer crashes. The login screen should show up automatically, whether or not you hold down the command key. It should only come up once, to allow you to log in and grab a new token.

See: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/25235.aspx for a tiny bit more detail.

Thanks for explaining. That's why I had to log in to the website this morning and also why I had to log in to the program when I ran it a few minutes ago. Smile

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 4
Jacob Wilmoth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 29 2010 12:28 PM

Thanks working good,  this is are great forum.

God bless

Jacob

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS